Beechwood 35 Bellevue 2 (1A)

Very disappointed w/Beechwoods crowd again. Last week, Ludlow had more people in the stands and again this week, Bellevue had way more people in the stands. I had a CCH grad say to me "this is crazy, I can remember when I played that Beechwood was the place to be on Friday during playoffs, what happened!" Very sad that all the Beechwood fans take for granted that they will win. I bet everyone shows up in Louisville and in the cafeteria for free food if they make it that far.

Great win!

Congrats to Bellevue for a game well fought! As usual, you and yours showed class and never gave up!

Beechwood, congats on the win. Lets keep it going!

4 personal fouls, 2 unsportsman like penalties and a coach ejected? I dont know if this would be my definition of class!

I cant tell you how disapointed I was with the play of Bellevue. Not that they had 55 yards of offense, nor that I expected them to give Beechwood any game at all. It was the way they played the game. Sure they came out on fire, and I am sure that they kinda got caught by surprize when they were introduced to the real Tigers, the starters they did not meet in the regular season game, what did they expect our jv beat them up pretty good in that contest. Then the coaching thing, great example for the !

This is a program I held in high regard, not for the ability they had , but the way they conducted themselves. Back to square one for this program!

As far as the coach being tossed, I dont know the particulars so I cant comment on that. I'd like to think Eckstein does a better job of getting those kids in a mindsight to try and win the game and not hurt another player.

Good Luck to Beechwood, they should roll.

4 personal fouls, 2 unsportsman like penalties and a coach ejected? I dont know if this would be my definition of class!

Lol.....Well.........I was just trying to be a good sport. I did miss the coach thing. The fans were nice.

I have to agree with the disappointment over Beechwood's crowd. We definately do not have the numbers we used to.

Some of it probably does have to do with "expecting to win." However, I also think the new playoff system has a lot to do with it as well. Parents will always be there, but playing the same team you played a couple of weeks before does not interest a lot of the "regular" fans. It is far more fun to watch a team you havent seen before.

"Showing up in the cafeteria for free food?" UNC, have you ever organized or worked one of those dinners? It takes a lot of time, work and money (not all of the food is donated) to make those dinners happen. Parents do not just "show up for a free dinner."

Well was surprised to hear the came was only 21 to 0 at half (?) thought it would be a little worse than that so I thought Bellevue played well until I came into this thread. Sad to hear Bellevue played so dirty, not very good for that program. Anyways good luck to Beechwood, should bring another ring home for the district.