6A State Champion Team.....?

Riverside 157

The scrimmage you mention was a few weeks ago. Both teams may have adjusted personnel since then... Last time I looked, Henry Clay is on the "Trinity" side of the bracket. St. X has no control over who represents that half of the bracket in the 6A final. St. X will have there hands full getting to the Final. Now, Henry Clay must advance and dethrone Trinity at Trinity the third round.... That will not be an easy task. I understand that Henry clay is undefeated in KY, they have a very good team and are in the mist of a very good season. It will take an extraordinary effort to get the W at/vs. Trinity day after Turkey Day. Good Luck and I'll be listening to the game as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scrimmage you mention was a few weeks ago. Both teams may have adjusted personnel since then... Last time I looked, Henry Clay is on the "Trinity" side of the bracket. St. X has no control over who represents that half of the bracket in the 6A final. St. X will have there hands full getting to the Final. Now, Henry Clay must advance and dethrone Trinity at Trinity the third round.... That will not be an easy task. I understand that Henry clay is undefeated in KY, they have a very good team and are in the mist of a very good season. It will take an extraordinary effort to get the W at/vs. Trinity day after Turkey Day. Good Luck and I'll be listening to the game as well.

My previous reply was in reference to a comment that "jimmyref" had made about the Henry Clay/St. X scrimmage. The was actually three months ago and I agree there have been numerous personnel changes since then. "jimmyref" was pointing out that Henry Clay led the varsity portion of this scrimmage vs. St. Xavier.

Every follower of Henry Clay football is well aware of the playoff game scheduled the day after Thanksgiving. If Trinity and Henry Clay are able to defeat their second round opponent (better not look over anyone at this time of the year), it sets up for an offensive shootout in St. Matthews on November 23rd.

No, you are so right......it will not be an easy task, in fact, because of the matchups and the styles of the two teams, Henry Clay will have a very difficult time winning this ballgame.

Good luck to you and yours as well!