6A State Champion Team.....?

Riverside 157

The "need" is created by the world class talent, undefeated against Kentucky competition for four years, St X freshmen after four years under the careful tutelage of Coach Glaser and company are oh for career in titles.

How quickly you forget 2004. :lol:

By the way, it is 42 games and three years, not four, undefeated at the freshman level in Kentucky. The first of those undefeated groups are now seniors, and I think even you would have to admit that they have done okay this season. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that is a good reason to actually PLAY the game. A few fans on BGP (not fair to quote all the Rock fans) and the media say Trinity is favorite at the beginning of the season. Ask U of L about the importance of preseason puffery. I don't know about "needing" to win for X, but a loss to Trinity in the final would be a sizable shot in the X armor. What would you do with all the brooms? :fire:

Personally, if this occurred, I'd save all the brooms for next year's Pride Week. :D

How quickly you forget 2004. :lol:

By the way, it is 42 games and three years, not four, undefeated at the freshman level in Kentucky. The first of those undefeated groups are now seniors, and I think even you would have to admit that they have done okay this season. ;)

No, I remember 2004. How many current players played on that team? Are there any current players with a championship ring? St X almost always does well during the season. It's that darn postseason where they seem to have a problem. I do believe that St X should be the favorite in every game the rest of the way. If Trinity is fortunate enough to make it to the final game, as they have in six of the past seven years, they will be favored against anyone except St X.

I believe Im going to have to go with Manual. I know it seems out of the ordinary but I just have a feeling they are going to win state this year. Good Luck to all the teams as they get close to a state title!

Sorry! St.X will dominate this game and win 38-12...

I have to agree with T Alum... St. X does need to win the "ring" game this year. At very least they need T to NOT win the ring game again. Falling behind even further in the hardware race would not set very well with the X faithful. Pressure effects schools in different ways. Most schools crumble. X over the years has used it as motivation. This would be a good time for them to fire up the converters again and whip up a batch. For another 3 peat performance Trinity better be ready for a fight. Getting to the top of the mountain is easy compared to staying there.

I have to agree with T Alum... St. X does need to win the "ring" game this year. At very least they need T to NOT win the ring game again. Falling behind even further in the hardware race would not set very well with the X faithful. Pressure effects schools in different ways. Most schools crumble. X over the years has used it as motivation. This would be a good time for them to fire up the converters again and whip up a batch. For another 3 peat performance Trinity better be ready for a fight. Getting to the top of the mountain is easy compared to staying there.

I've been having a little fun tweaking some noses, but seriously, I have to believe that the faithful on Poplar Level Road are getting a little tired of the hardware parade in St Mathews.

^ It effects coaches and AD's as well. Sometimes it promts resignations and starts national searches for the next coach....

You are dead flat right. Trinity was the better team in the 70s, 80s and the beginning of the 90s. Then St X went on a brief streak. Yes, that prompted a national search for the next coach. Worked out pretty well.

No, I remember 2004. How many current players played on that team? Are there any current players with a championship ring? St X almost always does well during the season. It's that darn postseason where they seem to have a problem. I do believe that St X should be the favorite in every game the rest of the way. If Trinity is fortunate enough to make it to the final game, as they have in six of the past seven years, they will be favored against anyone except St X.

True! True! True and True!

I don't think Henry Clay, Shelby County, Ryle and the M teams ( Meade Co, Marshall County, Manual, and Male got the memo about a free pass for X and T to the final. Shelby County has scored 54,55,and 60 against Eastern, Manual and Scott County. And No one on X or T can stop Aaron Boyd from Henry Clay when he comes to play.HC is the only team to lead X when the varsity got done this year, something 11 regular season opponents couldn't do. Add in last year's semifinal loss and they will be ready!!