6A State Champion Team.....?

Riverside 157

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for years to come based on X's dominating performances the past three years on Freshmen and JV.

Talk about that photo with the Broom.............the poor Rocks were decimated by X in everything this year. Frosh., JV., Soccer, Debate, Hi-Q; clean sweep. How can the downyear Rocks not be a tremendous underdog should the 2 meet again ........by some miracle that T gets that far???

Talk about that photo with the Broom.............the poor Rocks were decimated by X in everything this year. Frosh., JV., Soccer, Debate, Hi-Q; clean sweep. How can the downyear Rocks not be a tremendous underdog should the 2 meet again ........by some miracle that T gets that far???

Oh, how the curtain has fallen and all is now in darkness...woe is they! This should have been the year for Atherton to schedule Trinity. :lol:

You won the alumni golf challenge, you have more Merit semi finalists, and should be favored!

This is an interesting year. As Oxnard has been kind enough to point out, the St X freshman team has been undefeated against Kentucky competition for four straight years. Talent is a big part of success on the freshman level. Coaching and player development become much more important later in their high school careers. The best talent in the state has exactly zero titles to show for it.

Trinity has shown an amazing ability to peak at playoff time and win titles. What will it be this year? Trinity is playing its best ball of the year and enters the playoffs with a very strong offense and a greatly improved defense. Their willingness to prepare will be tested. Trinity wants to win. St X needs to win. This should be the year of the Tiger. We'll see.

Trinity wants to win. St X needs to win. This should be the year of the Tiger. We'll see.

It's really funny how things change halfway through a season. Entering 2007, Trinity returned a plethora of all-stars and was deemed the prohibitive favorite to walk away with the initial 6A title per the Rock fans and all the polls. But then came the oops, 24-15, and now it is St. X. who "needs" to win. :lol:

Are you guys done playing hot potato with the favorite status yet?

Let me make this simple: Trinity and X are neck-and-neck prohibitive co-favorites for the 6A title.

I root for the underdog... I guess you guys are jealous. :lol:

It's really funny how things change halfway through a season. Entering 2007, Trinity returned a plethora of all-stars and was deemed the prohibitive favorite to walk away with the initial 6A title per the Rock fans and all the polls. But then came the oops, 24-15, and now it is St. X. who "needs" to win. :lol:

The "need" is created by the world class talent, undefeated against Kentucky competition for four years, St X freshmen after four years under the careful tutelage of Coach Glaser and company are oh for career in titles.

02 Ram - Your right. Somebody has to knock off those Rocks. St. X might be the team. Manual will have there chance if they get through Friday. It is a lot of hot water, but with the playoff record of Beaty, you can never count them out. Its up to the rest of the state to do something about it......

Are you guys done playing hot potato with the favorite status yet?

Let me make this simple: Trinity and X are neck-and-neck prohibitive co-favorites for the 6A title.

I root for the underdog... I guess you guys are jealous. :lol:

:laugh:

Maybe that is a good reason to actually PLAY the game. A few fans on BGP (not fair to quote all the Rock fans) and the media say Trinity is favorite at the beginning of the season. Ask U of L about the importance of preseason puffery. I don't know about "needing" to win for X, but a loss to Trinity in the final would be a sizable shot in the X armor. What would you do with all the brooms? :fire: