6A State Champion Team.....?

Riverside 157

At this juncture, what are the teams you feel have a legitamate chance to win it all: My take is as follows....

Favorite: Trinity - Track record of 5 out of last 6 is hard to beat. And by the way, they do have a team this year.....

Strong Contenders: St. X, Henry Clay, Manual and Male.

Next step down: Fern Creek, Marshall, Meade, Ballard, Boone and Ryle...

Fun to Watch: Shelby

No True Chance: Nelson, Dunbar, Madison Cent.

Makes for some fun football in November and December. Good Luck to all teams.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this juncture, what are the teams you feel have a legitamate chance to win it all: My take is as follows....

Favorite: Trinity - Track record of 5 out of last 6 is hard to beat. And by the way, they do have a team this year.....

Strong Contenders: St. X, Henry Clay, Manual and Male.

How can X not be favored to win the Title?

Any program with 17 titles (with space for #18) and 4 out of the last 5 has to be favored to win it all. Lets face it, they do not get eliminated from this tournament very often...... They are playing as well as anyone at this time, Stein is developing as a QB as well as any Rock has in his first year... Its Trinity's to lose, because they own it.....

Any program with 17 titles (with space for #18) and 4 out of the last 5 has to be favored to win it all. Lets face it, they do not get eliminated from this tournament very often...... They are playing as well as anyone at this time, Stein is developing as a QB as well as any Rock has in his first year... Its Trinity's to lose, because they own it.....

I must most respectfully disagree. The past is over. Nobody "owns' anything ....just like 'deserves got nothing to do with it."

X has been solidly entrenched at and as No.1 all year. They destroy the opposition. No team can match them in talent /ability/ players. God knows they have to "be hungry." X supporters pretty much proclaim they "won't be touched."

It is all about PERFORMANCE THIS YEAR..........that being said.....it's all about X. Have to be favored far and wide.

I must most respectfully disagree. The past is over. Nobody "owns' anything ....just like 'deserves got nothing to do with it."

X has been solidly entrenched at and as No.1 all year.

It is all about PERFORMANCE THIS YEAR..........that being said.....it's all about X. Have to be favored far and wide.

I must most respectfully disagree.

Not all year. Not even picked to win their district. Preseason BGP #1 Trinity

I believe X was favored in the game they played against Trinity and has continuously been ranked ahead of the Shamrocks ever since. I don't buy the argument that "they won it last year so they are the favorites this year." We aren't talking about pro teams with little roster turnover from year to year. No doubt X is tough. I thought they pretty much whipped Trinity in the lines in the first game. Even so, had Trinity not inexplicably and unsuccessfully gone for 2 after the their last TD, it would have been a one score game with (admittedly) little time left, however. If T can hold their own against X's lines, I think they have a shot if they meet in the final. Don't discount the fact that Beatty has proved to be a very competent tournament coach. It seems he gets his teams playing their best at the right times. Nonetheless, based on all factors, you have to go with X as the favorite as of this time.

I must most respectfully disagree.

Not all year. Not even picked to win their district. Preseason BGP #1 Trinity

Yeah, a coaches poll of a four team district where you can't vote for your own team is a reasonable measure.

X has been the favorite from the word go, in my book.

Those titles are ancient history...right? :cool:

:sssh: Who is ranked #1 in Kentucky? Who is ranked Nationally?

As much as St. X apparently hates it - They are favored to be the Champs this year...but...Look out for Manual...They snuck by PRP - maybe they were looking ahead to this weeks game...:scared:

Yeah, a coaches poll of a four team district where you can't vote for your own team is a reasonable measure.

X has been the favorite from the word go, in my book.

I like your book but look at the match ups and locations.

By the way, I want everyone to know that I do not referee high school football. I am speaking as a fan. No referee would ever make predictions about in a public forum such as this in a sport which they referee. There are a number of top officials who get chosen to referee these games, some of which are on these boards.

Here's my prediction with a magical ending.

2 nd round X vs Manual at St X- Can X be beaten here? I strongly believe they can be beaten because of the matchup. No one but Manual can match X has on the offensive and defensive lines.

Ballard at Trinity- at Trinity - Regular season wasn't that close. Playoff game won't be either.

Henry Clay-Dunbar- at Henry Clay. Clay in a rout.

Ryle vs Boone County. at Boone Could be the closest game-depends on which Ryle team shows up. The OT team against Boone or the Simon Kenton Dixie Heights Ryle. I think Ryle wins.

Male _fern Creek- Good year for the Tigers but not enough to stop Male

Marshall County- Davies County- Graves County was the team to knock off Marshall in the regular season. However they lost to Davies so Marshall County repeats the regular season.

Meade County- Nelson County- Meade has ripped off 8 straight wins- I don't know enough as to why they lost 3 to start the season but they will double up on Nelson again.

Shelby County- Madison Central- rematch of 28-10 win when Alex Mathews got hurt in the game. I think he makes it to the final gun in an upset.

Third round- St X travels to Marshall County on the day after Thanksgiving.

Can anyone say General Custer? This will be Marshall County's fifth straight home game and they will be ready.

Trinity -Henry Clay- Can Trinity lose this? Yes - How often does T lose a playoff game at home? Once in how many years? It won't be twice unless turnovers become a problem.

Male Meade County- Meade County couldn't stop Fern Creek's speed- I think they fall just short against Male.

Ryle- Shelby County- Alex Mathews throws for 7 TDs as the evil twin Ryle team shows up.

Final Four- St X/Marshall vs Male at Marshall if they win round 3. at St X if they win. Male beats Marshall if they play, st X beats Male if they play.

Trinity vs Shelby County- Trinity replaces 400 bulbs in scoreboard as Rocks wins 116-115 as Weitlauf bats away 2 point conversion pass in endzone.

Final Trinity vs St X- Revenge factor is at all time high. Trinity fans rent plane to fly "2005 -Deja Vu" over Papa Johns stadium. Dane Spoelker realizes he has some elgibility left and suits up for the final. Sophomore St X starter Brian Buehner who has started the last two games because of injuries has to introduce himself to the remaining Tigers. Norton Healthcare offers to airlift from the hospital 30 of St X's team just so they can watch the game as long as the IV's can be transported. Deuce is healthy for the game but has to play linebacker also. Rick Robey gets U of L to pull the cabooses behind Trinity's bench. Bobby Petrino SR. recently let go by Atlanta, comes back to coach the wide receivers under OC Coach Coverdale. Bobby Petrino Jr shores up the defensive backfield as he enrolls back at Trinity the morning of the December 8th. KHSAA institutes new "Timing Rule" that the finals will be 10 minutes long in order to speed up the game. Since Trinity is the home team and they sold out all of the tickets, X brings their visitor side stands and sets them behind their bench. 5 Trinity alumni named to officiate the finals.

I think Trinity should be favored!!!