Cawood 25 Cumberland 22

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The company building it will be working on another school next year. They aren't going to stretch it into another year. I'm not certain, but I think I read the same company got the new Belfry school done on time.

The company building it will be working on another school next year. They aren't going to stretch it into another year. I'm not certain, but I think I read the same company got the new Belfry school done on time.

I hope so for everyone's sake. I do know Belfry had a lot of problems, true they did "get in" the building, but there were repair and maintence issues that whole year, plus the company got fined for things not being completed and delays on the project. I hope that I am wrong thought about the new Harlan Co. Schoool! I hope they can't get it finished and have the kids ready to go for next year!!!

I am seeing this talk of Mark/Doodle Woolum, but no one seems to know anything of his credentials other than he is coaching at a good football program in Florida and that his family has a close relationship with Tim Saylor. So, is he a head coach or not and has he ever been a head coach? If he is not a head coach and has never been a head coach then what has he done to make you believe he could seriously be considered for this high profile, very important job at a brand new 50 million dollar consolidated high school. I would like to believe that this new school would be able to attract a well known established head coach with a winning track record.

This is only from heresay and opinion: Mark is the name I have heard a couple of times but nothing to say that it is solid or just people talking. And NO he is not and has not ever been a high school football head coach. And as far as being attractive. It will only be as attractive as the adminstation and supporters of the football community in Harlan make it!

I am seeing this talk of Mark/Doodle Woolum, but no one seems to know anything of his credentials other than he is coaching at a good football program in Florida and that his family has a close relationship with Tim Saylor. So, is he a head coach or not and has he ever been a head coach? If he is not a head coach and has never been a head coach then what has he done to make you believe he could seriously be considered for this high profile, very important job at a brand new 50 million dollar consolidated high school. I would like to believe that this new school would be able to attract a well known established head coach with a winning track record.
Hey Bellco93, do you have any credible info on this guy or not?

This is only from heresay and opinion: Mark is the name I have heard a couple of times but nothing to say that it is solid or just people talking. And NO he is not and has not ever been a high school football head coach. And as far as being attractive. It will only be as attractive as the adminstation and supporters of the football community in Harlan make it!
Looks like we were posting at about the same time, thanks for the info that you do have. I wouldnt think that someone with no head coaching experience would be considered for this job. Having said that however, I do know that the Woolum family is very rich in football tradition with Jerry having played QB for the Big Blue and Tuck having played QB and lead Eastern Ky to a National Title, not to mention that all of Jerry's sons were excellent players in their own right, with Mark and Tuck taking their football careers into the coaching ranks. All I am saying is that it doesnt seem to me that he would be considered for the head coaching position, but I do believe that either of the Woolum's (Mark or Tuck) would be a very valuable asset to a coaching staff at the new Harlan County School.