Trinity @ Ballard 10/4/07 predictions

Who wins  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

After attending many a Ballard - T b/ ball game with LSUROCK (and you know how those turned out) he would always yell out......"Wait till October ....(or) Wait till football"......

then he would mumble something like "77-0" ....

so I am thinking he will be there Thur. night for sure.........as for last Friday....he must have stepped out for some gumbo............

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say it is at least 3 td's.

As always, RP is right on target and thinking what I'm thinking!

It is always a good atmosphere at Ballard home games with the band and dance teams.

By the way, does Trinity have a marching band and if not, when did it get dropped?

^ we haven't had one since my experience with Trinity started....we do have a drum line now....it is pretty darned cool :thumb:

I didn't know about them. I'll check it out.

That is one thing that Eastern, Ballard, Oldham County, Manual, and Male do real well- create a wonderful Friday night experience with the bands and dance teams.

If you want to see a drum line, go to a Central versus Shawnee game. Amazing!! In addition, there is a stomp off contest between the fans too.

Probably something you don't see at St. X or Trinity alot.

Ballard's QB is pretty good. So is Perkins Too many people go both ways and eventually tire out in their losses.

As always, RP is right on target and thinking what I'm thinking!

It is always a good atmosphere at Ballard home games with the band and dance teams.

By the way, does Trinity have a marching band and if not, when did it get dropped?

Trinity's marching band ceased to exist in the early 60s.

Ballard usually quits on Mr. Catlett. The Rocks are 36-5 versus the Bruins all-time. Last season included 36-6 and 48-7 victories. The scores in 2005, 70-7 and in 2004, 37-17. The last close battle was in 2003, a 22-20 victory for the Rocks that was followed by a 36-12 win in the playoffs. The last Ballard victory in this series was recorded in 1995, Trinity's last losing season, 14-12.

The visitor stands at Ballard are second only to Brother Thomas More Stadium.

See Trinity-Eastern score earlier this season. That should repeat itself.

Ballard usually quits on Mr. Catlett. The Rocks are 36-5 versus the Bruins all-time. Last season included 36-6 and 48-7 victories. The scores in 2005, 70-7 and in 2004, 37-17. The last close battle was in 2003, a 22-20 victory for the Rocks that was followed by a 36-12 win in the playoffs. The last Ballard victory in this series was recorded in 1995, Trinity's last losing season, 14-12.

You have never played at John Hardin when it comes to visitor stands.

I don't think T has it too bad this year. If they make it to the finals, They will have played 9 games at home, 2 at Papa Johns, 1 at Cincy St X- 8,000, and one game each at Ballard, at PRP and at Lafayette. 12 games on turf is pretty good.

The 60's? Wow. Surely with 1400 kids, there has to be some interest in a marching band. Our school in Cincinnati used to receive 5-10 scholarships per year for band in the 70-80's. When I see Louisville's band, or UK's band, or Ohio State, that is a great experience.

I think there's a difference between getting tired and quitting. I was surprised to see that Ballard has not put many players into college football so the theory on Ballard always having gobs of talent hasn't been true for the last 5 years. I think they have good players that are coached well but don't have the sheer numbers to match up with the big 3. They gave X everything they wanted but fatigue set in under 95 degree temperature.

Having seen Ballard twice this year, at X and home vs. Manual, Trinity will score as much as they want. It is really not lack of athletes, but poor execution. They seem to wilt if a couple of mistakes happen, and you can't do that against what will undoubtedly be a fired up Trinity team. This one ain't gonna be in doubt after the first quarter.

The 60's? Wow. Surely with 1400 kids, there has to be some interest in a marching band. Our school in Cincinnati used to receive 5-10 scholarships per year for band in the 70-80's. When I see Louisville's band, or UK's band, or Ohio State, that is a great experience.

There is a lack of interest or funding in the Louisville Catholic schools. St. Xavier's band includes anyone (male or female) who attends a Catholic school who has reached grade 6 and any of the Catholic girl school attendees who want to participate. It's not cheap to support a marching band and the public schools do budget for it. Once you have the instruments paid for, then you have the teachers, then uniforms, then they'll need practice time on the field.......etc.Trinity chooses to spend their funds elsewhere.

Ballard's concrete home stands will last for quite some time. A Ballard home game wouldn't be complete without the voice of the Bruins at the microphone.

There is a lack of interest or funding in the Louisville Catholic schools. St. Xavier's band includes anyone (male or female) who attends a Catholic school who has reached grade 6 and any of the Catholic girl school attendees who want to participate. It's not cheap to support a marching band and the public schools do budget for it. Once you have the instruments paid for, then you have the teachers, then uniforms, then they'll need practice time on the field.......etc.Trinity chooses to spend their funds elsewhere.

Ballard's concrete home stands will last for quite some time. A Ballard home game wouldn't be complete without the voice of the Bruins at the microphone.

I have commented in the past that I would like to see X and T field large bands. It would add to the entire school experience. thsrocks, we should attempt to get X and T locked into a band competition. As competitive as the two schools are, very shortly they would each field a 300 person marching band. :D A win-win for each school.

I have commented in the past that I would like to see X and T field large bands. It would add to the entire school experience. thsrocks, we should attempt to get X and T locked into a band competition. As competitive as the two schools are, very shortly they would each field a 300 person marching band. :D A win-win for each school.

Of that I have no doubt.