Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I'm definitely not trying to take any credit away from Scott. I was very impressed with how hard #34 played. Especially rebounding. When #35 and #24 from Royal Springs are added to that team, they will be very good! Don't know if anyone around could handle them then.

 

I really didn't intend for this part of the thread to be about officiating in SC games. I really only meant that I thought there were alot of over the back in the games I watched. Not necessarily SC games but all! I thought the officiating was overall not the greatest, but I didn't have a problem with any particular official there other than the woman who called the RC/SC game and the SC/Christian Co game. I thought she was a very poor referee. That being said, I based my whole disappointment in officiating on the lack of OTB in all games, the quick trigger in calling technicals, and it may just be the way basketball is played now, but there were alot of walks that weren't called. Maybe I'm just a purist.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overall officiating at the KBA over this past weekend left a great deal to be desired. I know to a certain degree their hands are tied, but I think a 7th grade state tourney deserves and needs better officials!

Congrats to the 7th Grade Scott Co team and Thunder boys great accomplishment in winning the State.:ylsuper: I thought the KBA did an excellent job as always in hosting the event.

I'm definitely not trying to take any credit away from Scott. I was very impressed with how hard #34 played. Especially rebounding. When #35 and #24 from Royal Springs are added to that team, they will be very good! Don't know if anyone around could handle them then.

 

You will probably be really surprised to know that #34 from Scott County (Portwood) and #24 from Royal Spring (Diaw) are both 6th graders.

I here the MAGIC won the 6th grade tournament at BCI this weekend by defeating D1 GREYHOUNDS. Any word on who won the 7th and 8th?

You will probably be really surprised to know that #34 from Scott County (Portwood) and #24 from Royal Spring (Diaw) are both 6th graders.

 

I knew Portwood was. I didn't know Diaw was a 6th grader. That kid and Humphrey need to find their way to SCMS. That team would be scary. Those 2, Richardson, Portwood and Downey (#3?) would be hard to stop. I didn't see Georgetown play. Do they have anyone that stands out or could possibly start at SC if Diaw and Humphrey were there?

Meece Middle School swept North Laurel tonight at North. The 6th grade won by around 20, the 7th and 8th grades by around 15.

How many of the kids you mentioned making up the Scott County teams have actually lived in Scott County since birth? How many have moved into the Georgetown area?

  • Author

Georgetown had a couple kids that were balling but no real stars. Either way you go once they all get to Frosh year they should be unstoppable.

 

Diaw and Portwood on the blocks will be nasty.

I here the MAGIC won the 6th grade tournament at BCI this weekend by defeating D1 GREYHOUNDS. Any word on who won the 7th and 8th?

 

Check the AAU thread. By the way, I did see the Magic play. They had a kid that was over six foot and over 200 lbs. Now that is a big 6th grader

  • Author
Check the AAU thread. By the way, I did see the Magic play. They had a kid that was over six foot and over 200 lbs. Now that is a big 6th grader

 

I would have been surprised to hear this but after attending the 7th grade state tourney this past weekend I saw some HUGE 7th graders who I am sure were huge as 6th graders. Somebody clue me in what type of growpup they are feeding these kids.

WHo will be at BCI in FLorence this weekend? Johnson County will have a 2nd, 4th, and 6th grade team there.

WHo will be at BCI in FLorence this weekend? Johnson County will have a 2nd, 4th, and 6th grade team there.

 

I know a lot of teams will be in the Mason County tourney this weekend.

 

7th - Mason, Fleming, Nicholas, East Carter, Wolfpack, Bracken

4th - 9 teams total - Bracken, Fleming, Omega All-Stars, not sure of others

How many of the kids you mentioned making up the Scott County teams have actually lived in Scott County since birth? How many have moved into the Georgetown area?

 

Of the 15 kids that started middle school basketball as 7th graders in Scott County (SCMS, Royal Spring and Georgetown), I only know of 2 that haven't lived in Georgetown their entire life -- Richardson and Diaw. Both moved here this past summer.

 

Back when the Georgetown Thunder started when the current kids were in first grade, Portwood / Page (SCMS) and Humphrey / Wickline (RSMS) were on the team. Young and Gilkey (GMS starters) as well as Henderson (SCMS reserve) joined the Thunder as 3rd graders. Humphrey and Gilkey have since left, with Gaines / Richardson joining this year. Downey played with the Thunder in one tournament in 3rd grade, but his parents decided the time involved in AAU basketball wasn't for them.

 

Here's an interesting note: Tamron Manning, who plays for Scott County High School as an 8th grader, was a part of the Georgetown Thunder when it first started -- when he was in 2nd and 3rd grade.

I know a lot of teams will be in the Mason County tourney this weekend.

 

7th - Mason, Fleming, Nicholas, East Carter, Wolfpack, Bracken

4th - 9 teams total - Bracken, Fleming, Omega All-Stars, not sure of others

 

I am sure the U10 Mason Co. team will be there....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.