Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

No doubt Scott was the better team but they clearly didn't need the 20+ differential in every game. I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, Scott deserved the title. They have a very good team and clearly didn't need the help. The female called the Russell game and Christian game and she has no business at all being on the court for any big games. By far the worse official up there. The poster said that all the representatives of each team stated that the officiating shouldn't have mattered. A play here or there. But can you justify the foul differential in favor of Scott? A team that presses and is aggressive toward rebounding? You can't use the argument of teams being down either because there is still too large of a difference. The fould differential was greater than you posted for the RC game. And 8 fouls came in the 4th and OT and most of those were OT. They didn't fould a great deal in the 4th in their comeback. RC had 29 fouls to Scott's 9 or 10. Take those 8 from the total and the fouls were 21-6 going into the 4th quarter. But let me clearly state that officiating didn't defeat RC, a better Scott County team did. They deserved the win and earned it.

 

Congrats Cards. I do think they deseved the title. A very good basketball team.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Scott County! That was a terrific explanation of what happened... I appreciate it. How good are you guys going to be when all 3 schools go together, WOW!

 

Great job by Russel County, way to make the 4th region (16th district) look good! Congrats to Britt and Robertson on being all tourney! I know all of the boys played well. Congrats to Shelton and to the Cards of Wayne County as well.

When I saw them play I thought they were lacking a solid post and point, so this makes since, did South Laurel play Wayne in the regular season. IMO the big boy from Wayne made the single biggest impact in the tournament, he was inside and out and could handle the ball....just not sure how much he is going to grow to make an impact on down the line.

 

Gryche11 is Highlands bringing down their 8th grade team next weekend?

 

South Laurel played Wayne Co. twice during the regular season and South won both.

No doubt Scott was the better team but they clearly didn't need the 20+ differential in every game. I'm not saying there was a conspiracy, Scott deserved the title. They have a very good team and clearly didn't need the help. The female called the Russell game and Christian game and she has no business at all being on the court for any big games. By far the worse official up there. The poster said that all the representatives of each team stated that the officiating shouldn't have mattered. A play here or there. But can you justify the foul differential in favor of Scott? A team that presses and is aggressive toward rebounding? You can't use the argument of teams being down either because there is still too large of a difference. The fould differential was greater than you posted for the RC game. And 8 fouls came in the 4th and OT and most of those were OT. They didn't fould a great deal in the 4th in their comeback. RC had 29 fouls to Scott's 9 or 10. Take those 8 from the total and the fouls were 21-6 going into the 4th quarter. But let me clearly state that officiating didn't defeat RC, a better Scott County team did. They deserved the win and earned it.

 

Congrats Cards. I do think they deseved the title. A very good basketball team.

 

SC rarely pressed in these games and for the most part set back in a 2-3 zone, your statement above is not accurate.

Scott County rarely pressed the final 4 games of the tournament and played mostly zone defense. They went full court man during the comeback against Wayne and played man a good portion of the game against Russell County. Other than that, it was zone. They pretty much had to do it with playing five kids.

 

Of course, I saw other teams that didn't play a big bench either, but the amazing thing about the Scott County team was the balance. In the six games, they had four players average between 10 and 12 points a game and the 5th starter scored 7 a game.

 

As for the talk about the fouls, if you would have seen SC's FT shooting percentage you would realize this might have been a disadvantage for them to be at the line.

  • Author
When I saw them play I thought they were lacking a solid post and point, so this makes since, did South Laurel play Wayne in the regular season. IMO the big boy from Wayne made the single biggest impact in the tournament, he was inside and out and could handle the ball....just not sure how much he is going to grow to make an impact on down the line.

 

Gryche11 is Highlands bringing down their 8th grade team next weekend?

 

I doubt it. The 8th grade team could use the experience but lack a true point guard and in this environment you need ballhandlers. They have lost a lot of games by 4pts or less or in OT this season because they havent been able to hold a lead late in the game. But to be honest I dont think its on their radar. I would expect the Birds to be back next year though and hopefully they will learn from their experience this year and come back hungrier.

Scott County rarely pressed the final 4 games of the tournament and played mostly zone defense. They went full court man during the comeback against Wayne and played man a good portion of the game against Russell County. Other than that, it was zone. They pretty much had to do it with playing five kids.

 

Of course, I saw other teams that didn't play a big bench either, but the amazing thing about the Scott County team was the balance. In the six games, they had four players average between 10 and 12 points a game and the 5th starter scored 7 a game.

 

As for the talk about the fouls, if you would have seen SC's FT shooting percentage you would realize this might have been a disadvantage for them to be at the line.

 

 

Didn't think to look at it that way.....solid :banana:

SC rarely pressed in these games and for the most part set back in a 2-3 zone, your statement above is not accurate.

 

 

SC pressed RC the majority of the first quarter and came out pressing in every game i watched them play. They played man to man pretty much the entire 4th while RC stayed in a zone. The foul differential was quite staggering in all their games. Listen, I'm not making excuses, Scott was the better team and deserved it. I watched them play their first game and I picked them to win. I was impressed with their kids. They played extremely hard and shot the lights out. My only gripe with officiating is they didn't call over the back the entire weekend from the majority of games I watched. And SC was very active on the offensive glass! But again, Congrats SC.

All NKYMSBL tournament games have been postponed due to impending poor weather. It looks as if the tournaments will now begin on Wednesday.

  • Author
All NKYMSBL tournament games have been postponed due to impending poor weather. It looks as if the tournaments will now begin on Wednesday.

 

Thanks Mr. AllWorld :)-

 

I figure the folks down in Pendelton Co are going to be snowed in for a while. I hope they can get it going soon though.

I was wandering what the NKMSBL was going to do with the weather! The thing is it may not be any better on Wednesday!

  • Author

Highlands 7th did get the 2nd seed in the NKYMSBL Eastern Conference. They tied with Holmes but because they beat the Titans by 22 earlier in the season and only lost by 2 on Saturday they get the nod. PC is beautiful country but spending 3 days going back and forth was not what I was hoping for and I am glad it worked out this way.

SC pressed RC the majority of the first quarter and came out pressing in every game i watched them play. They played man to man pretty much the entire 4th while RC stayed in a zone. The foul differential was quite staggering in all their games. Listen, I'm not making excuses, Scott was the better team and deserved it. I watched them play their first game and I picked them to win. I was impressed with their kids. They played extremely hard and shot the lights out. My only gripe with officiating is they didn't call over the back the entire weekend from the majority of games I watched. And SC was very active on the offensive glass! But again, Congrats SC.

 

In your last post you were talking about pressure defense and fouls, now it is over the back and fouls......and further I am not going to get in argument with you about SC's defense, because you obviously know more about it than I do......:ylsuper:

In your last post you were talking about pressure defense and fouls, now it is over the back and fouls......and further I am not going to get in argument with you about SC's defense, because you obviously know more about it than I do......:ylsuper:

 

If you read my post, it said that over the back wasn't called the entire weekend. I didn't single SC out. I probably watched as many games as anyone this weekend and I just made the point that over the back wasn't called at all. That comment was directed toward a disappointment I had in officiating overall, not only in RC games. I only pointed out that SC was very active on the offensive glass. I only brought up that SC played full court and more man than RC did and the foul differntial was so much higher. You are making this a bigger deal than it is. If you have continuously read my posts, then you would see where I have give nothing but credit to SC and their team. I know about SC's defense in the games I watched. I watched 4 of their games. I'm not an expert on what they do, just what I witnessed this weekend.

If you read my post, it said that over the back wasn't called the entire weekend. I didn't single SC out. I probably watched as many games as anyone this weekend and I just made the point that over the back wasn't called at all. That comment was directed toward a disappointment I had in officiating overall, not only in RC games. I only pointed out that SC was very active on the offensive glass. I only brought up that SC played full court and more man than RC did and the foul differntial was so much higher. You are making this a bigger deal than it is. If you have continuously read my posts, then you would see where I have give nothing but credit to SC and their team. I know about SC's defense in the games I watched. I watched 4 of their games. I'm not an expert on what they do, just what I witnessed this weekend.

 

Hey, thanks for giving SC credit. I think our post players were as active as any team I saw this weekend. That aggressiveness by the post players was probably as a big reason why they won as anything.

 

And, I definitely don't want to get in an officiating discussion, but I can tell you I heard refs tell coaches this all weekend, "Tell your guy to block out and I will call the foul." What the referees meant by that is if the kid in front simply jumped for the ball and the kid behind jumped over that kid or went straight and got it, they wouldn't call a foul. Now, if the kid in front put his butt into the other guy, they would call it. I am not saying that's how the game was called, I'm just saying the refs seem to be looking for a kid to block out before calling over the back.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.