Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

Summit is down but they will continue to give it their all.. I don't count them out though because when they are on boy can they knock down some shots, and they have a very good coach.. It's going to be a very intersting week thats for sure.. I'm going to waist a bunch of money driving to a from Lexington this week thats for sure..

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Summit is down but they will continue to give it their all.. I don't count them out though because when they are on boy can they knock down some shots, and they have a very good coach.. It's going to be a very intersting week thats for sure.. I'm going to waist a bunch of money driving to a from Lexington this week thats for sure..

 

I agree, if they are shooting the ball well and Swanson plays like he is capable they could still make noise. I am not sure who is left on that squad with injuries/departures but wont count em out. I just think Twenhofel has the big fella and he can take over games. Also dont count out McGovney who can also carry the Purples to the finals.

Ben is big, he's going to be bigger than me real soon and I'm not going to like it..

 

I hope We, Twenhofel can make it a perfect 3 and 0 against Purple b/c they scare me more than any other team we have faced that i've watched..

 

BTW, I missed the Sharp and Highlands games..

I agree, if they are shooting the ball well and Swanson plays like he is capable they could still make noise. I am not sure who is left on that squad with injuries/departures but wont count em out. I just think Twenhofel has the big fella and he can take over games. Also dont count out McGovney who can also carry the Purples to the finals.

 

Summit started Eric Pouncy, Jarrod Swanson, Jacob Heusman, Nick Jackson, and one more forward who I can't think of his name for some reason..

 

Twenhofel fed the ball into Tanner Norton who did everything he wanted down low but couldn't buy a shot but continued to battle and eventually pulled it out.

  • Author
Ben is big, he's going to be bigger than me real soon and I'm not going to like it..

 

I hope We, Twenhofel can make it a perfect 3 and 0 against Purple b/c they scare me more than any other team we have faced that i've watched..

 

BTW, I missed the Sharp and Highlands games..

 

Highlands lost to Sharp at home early in the season by 4. They led the whole game until the last 2 minutes. They traveled to Sharp later in the year and lost by 5 in a seesaw game that was tied many times until about a minute left. Monroe hit some late free throws to widen the margin but it was a 2 pt game most of the way. Two very good teams who should battle it out for the spot to win it all on Sunday. I am hoping but lately the Highlands boys have not been shooting well and seem to be in a daze. Not many vocal boys on the squad and at times you have to pull them aside and check their pulse it seems. Talent and athleticism is there if they just go play their game they could win but they have to shoot well to win the Conference Tournament there is no doubt about it.

 

The Birds as of late are going with a quicker lineup in Jack Collinsworth, Bailey Witte, Luke Turner, David Christian and Donovan McCoy. Dupont is back from injury but his wrist is still not 100% and you can tell with his shooting. He handles it well and will be asked to strictly do that in the tournament I am sure.

Donovan McCoy? Is he from the Independence area?

 

I know what you mean, sometimes Twenhofel wants to score in bunches and sometimes they want to make it interesting and want to grind it out with a low scoring game.

  • Author
Donovan McCoy? Is he from the Independence area?

 

I know what you mean, sometimes Twenhofel wants to score in bunches and sometimes they want to make it interesting and want to grind it out with a low scoring game.

 

No, he has been in the Ft. Thomas school system for atleast 3 yrs. He may have moved into the district before then but I know he went to Ruth Moyer Grade School. He is very athletic and raw. He can jump very well and if he works on his game could be a nice player.

Not sure but the way they have the games scheduled as far as who plays who is a joke. You have a cakewalk for the 1 seed to the final and the 3 seed ends up playing the 5 while the 4 plays the 6.

 

IMO the 3 seed should play the 6 and the 4 plays the 5. :rolleyes:

 

They changed it:thumb:

Is the Highlands team that is discussed so in depth on this thread the one that went 0-2 in the KBA State Tourney or do they have multiple teams?

  • Author
Is the Highlands team that is discussed so in depth on this thread the one that went 0-2 in the KBA State Tourney or do they have multiple teams?

 

They only have one team but only 9 kids dressed last night and 8 today. No excuses though, they simply got beat by two better teams in the tournament. When you draw LTMS in a 1st round game and Scott Co in the brackets its no cakewalk. Throw in the fact that they really didnt show up to play this weekend and its just a bad mix. The fact that I talk so in depth about the Birds isnt to state they are the best in the state its simply to give the boys some press and let others know who care how they are doing.

 

If you were at the State Tourney there were several good Middle School teams and several great players. I dont know how old some of them were but there were some players. I saw 6'5 kids, kids with mustaches who one guy told me his parents held him back two years. I mean its a mixed bag when all you have to be is in the 7th grade.

 

The Birds have a lot of talent they just havent been exposed to the caliber of basketball that is downstate and that is why we took them down. They will rebound from this weekend and come back next week strong in the Conference Tournament back home.

 

But to answer your question yes and even depleted due to sickness they still played horribly IMO. Take nothing away from those two teams and the players they had on LTMS and Scott Co because Braxton McFarland was the most dominant big man in that tournament and Scott Co had 2 studs in Portwood and Richardson as well as Tyler Page going 5 for 5 from 3pt land in the 1st half to carry them to a 34-18 lead.

  • Author
Now that is funny

 

Yep, its funny that NKY's only representation in the State Tournament was Highlands. Pendelton Co was the only other school in the tourney within 50 minutes and just want to say nicejob down there knocking off Spencer Co last night.

 

Also nice to meet you SHS, you all have a very nice ballclub and I hope you all finish strong.

  • Author

Also forgot to mention congrats to TRMS (Holmes) for knocking off the Highlands boys this morning 41-39. #30 for Holmes is lightning quick and takes it to the rack very strong. Highlands jumped out on top aftet 1 qtr 12-4 and had a 23-15 halftime lead. They led midway through the 4th when TRMS took the lead for the first time. The Birds had a couple of open looks down by 2 with less than a minute to play but the shots rimmed out. They had the ball with 7 seconds and had to go the length of the floor down 2 and got off a nice shot on the block but it fell short. Once again congrats to the Holmes boys for avenging an earlier 20 pt loss and I am sure there might be a rematch next Wed in the Conference Tourney.

  • Author

Wow, I cant believe Knox Co is out of the tourney. Also, Scott Co defeated a very good Meece ballclub from Somerset just now. Scott Co is my favorite to go to the final four. I dont know if they have the depth though to finish tomorrow compared to some of the other teams. Russell Co. looked very deep with a lot of kids who looked like they could ball. Royal Spring has the Diaw boy who is huge. HopkinsCentral eeked out a win over LTMS and their stud McFarland. Lincoln Co has been handing it to teams as well. Some very good teams left in the tourney.

 

Good Luck to Scott Co. and those boys as they are a very good team.

They only have one team but only 9 kids dressed last night and 8 today. No excuses though, they simply got beat by two better teams in the tournament. When you draw LTMS in a 1st round game and Scott Co in the brackets its no cakewalk. Throw in the fact that they really didnt show up to play this weekend and its just a bad mix. The fact that I talk so in depth about the Birds isnt to state they are the best in the state its simply to give the boys some press and let others know who care how they are doing.

 

If you were at the State Tourney there were several good Middle School teams and several great players. I dont know how old some of them were but there were some players. I saw 6'5 kids, kids with mustaches who one guy told me his parents held him back two years. I mean its a mixed bag when all you have to be is in the 7th grade.

 

The Birds have a lot of talent they just havent been exposed to the caliber of basketball that is downstate and that is why we took them down. They will rebound from this weekend and come back next week strong in the Conference Tournament back home.

 

But to answer your question yes and even depleted due to sickness they still played horribly IMO. Take nothing away from those two teams and the players they had on LTMS and Scott Co because Braxton McFarland was the most dominant big man in that tournament and Scott Co had 2 studs in Portwood and Richardson as well as Tyler Page going 5 for 5 from 3pt land in the 1st half to carry them to a 34-18 lead.

 

I didn't mean anything negative about it, I hope you didn't take it that way. I usually just skip over or skim the talk about the Northern Kentucky teams because, being from Somerset, we don't ever play them. I just didn't know if they only had one team or if they had an A and B type team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.