Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Author
You Assume Right McCendon Was Not In Uniform.

 

I really wish the best for this kid as he is one of the best rebounders I have seen at this age. Pouncy demanded that he use great box out skills when he played with the Tar Heels because they were always undersized but great shooters. I am sure this isnt the last we will see of this kid.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about the Christian Academy of Louisville 7th grade team?

Upset of the day... Woodland over Summit View... Taking no credit from the Cats but the Refs were terrible... I hear it was about 29 to 14 on fouls???

Upset of the day... Woodland over Summit View... Taking no credit from the Cats but the Refs were terrible... I hear it was about 29 to 14 on fouls???
Welcome to BGP Mr. Pop35 and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

 

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

Upset of the day... Woodland over Summit View... Taking no credit from the Cats but the Refs were terrible... I hear it was about 29 to 14 on fouls???

 

You are close on the fouls. Woodland shot 31 foul shots to Summit's fifteen. Can't take away the fact Woodland made the majority of them and they did play well. But the ref's lost this game for Summit. Three starters were fouled out of the game. But what is so amazing is Summit has not had a player foul out of any game all year.

 

Again Woodland played well, congrats on the win but, the refs made the game VERY one sided.

Thank you... So, so True... The Jags will bounce back.

 

P.:jump:

Isn't that crazy? I wonder if any A.D.'s were at the game??

Mr. Pop35

Rookie

 

Mr. Pop35's Avatar

 

Join Date: Feb 2008

Location: COV

Posts: 3

 

Default

Isn't that crazy? I wonder if any A.D.'s were at the game??

 

 

Hope so........lol

Opps, guess I can't name names.....lol sorry people, but I was there.....and it was ugly...........very ugly....

Opps, guess I can't name names.....lol sorry people, but I was there.....and it was ugly...........very ugly....

 

Ugly is a very good word for it. I am still upset. It was a bad loss.

 

Again Woodland played well and the ref's would not have been able to affect the outcome of the game if Woodland had not kept it a closer game and I don't want to seem like I am taking anything away from their kids but, those ref's should be fired!

 

At one point one of Summit's players was standing three feet away from a play and the ref called a foul on him. He literally was three feet away and no where near the ball. In fact he was standing off by himself! That was his fifth foul. Sad thing is I think the guy was just to stupid to know better.

 

Oh well it is just a game. Life goes on and you are right the Jags will bounce back. Enjoy the Super Bowl and pray the guy from Woodland is not refereeing that game! LOL

spy2008

Originally Posted by scamp View Post

Opps, guess I can't name names.....lol sorry people, but I was there.....and it was ugly...........very ugly....

Ugly is a very good word for it. I am still upset. It was a bad loss.

 

Again Woodland played well and the ref's would not have been able to affect the outcome of the game if Woodland had not kept it a closer game and I don't want to seem like I am taking anything away from their kids but, those ref's should be fired!

 

At one point one of Summit's players was standing three feet away from a play and the ref called a foul on him. He literally was three feet away and no where near the ball. In fact he was standing off by himself! That was his fifth foul. Sad thing is I think the guy was just to stupid to know better.

 

Oh well it is just a game. Life goes on and you are right the Jags will bounce back. Enjoy the Super Bowl and pray the guy from Woodland is not refereeing that game! LOL

 

There is an old saying that goes like this: "What goes around, comes around."

I agree with that Tubby.......thanks.........just hate to see young boys called out.................they will react...............lol

Just a reminder of Rule #13

13. Within reason, you must use correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.

  • Author

Congrats to Woodland on the big victory. They have a really good guard who could shoot and look to be a well coached team. They just lacked any size when the Birds played them and I think that was the game Colin Dupont went off for 16 pts from the point guard position.

 

I hate to hear that about the refs but it seems to be a league wide story. I know the refs for home Highlands games seem to have an excuse for every bad call. The other night our guard blew by a kid baseline and the kid blatantly grabbed his jersey from behind pulling him to the ground as he got off a shot. They called a foul but it should have been an intentional foul and the guy was like, I didnt see it. Sure you didnt because you dont move and are always out of position. One guy literally has a keg of beer under his shirt, I have no clue how he even gets up and down the court.

 

The best referee I have seen all year has been out at the Campbell Co Gold game at Campbell Co. This guy is a very loud and direct ref but he is good and will actually explain to the coaches what happened if questioned. He must do a lot of Campbell Co games, not sure of his name. He definitely likes the attention as when he blows the whistle, doesnt matter how loud the gym is he can be heard and you know what the kid did.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.