Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

Ok, I got ya. We have played agaisnt Sampson plenty of times as he is a Firehawk. He will make a difference and team chemistry is probably better at this point so I wish you all the best in the tourney. Good Luck.

 

Huesman is the one that drained the big 3's against us. I can gurantee ya if we face off again in the finals of the tourney there will be a lot of man-man and less 1-3-1 with McClendon gone.

 

Good luck to the Highlands boys also "Q"...hope to see you guys in the finals!!

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7th grade state looks competitive! Who are the favorites and who is a sleeper?

 

Favorites:

Knox Co.

S. Laurel (if Sanders is back)

Scott Co.

 

Sleepers:

Clay Co.

Wayne Co.

Lincoln Co.

Should be an outstanding tournament. I am looking forward to it!

I think if S. Laural has thier hoss back, they should be the favorites.

 

I know KBA was trying to do a six grade tournament, does anyone have any information on that?

I am assuming they are current 6th graders and that is good news as the 6th grade class at HMS is lacking in any size at all. They have some very good guards and an extremely talented 5th grade class this year who will be 6th next year and most probably make the 7th grade team. Beau Hoge/Griffin Urlage and Jakey Whitford are a few I can see making that squad next year. In fact Beau Hoge could play 7th grade ball right now, he has a great handle, is aggressive and a very talented playmaker.

 

Names on those kids on the wolfpack? Do they attend CCMS?

 

I won't give name to protect their decisions and privacy, but, the one's dad was the BMOC in 1986 and 1987 at CCHS as the QB and all around stud. The other's dad played for Dixie and went to Miami on a baseball scholarship. One is 5' 7", the other is 5' 9". Yes they do attend CCMS.

  • Author
I think if S. Laural has thier hoss back, they should be the favorites.

 

I know KBA was trying to do a six grade tournament, does anyone have any information on that?

 

Go back in this thread a little and you can get the results. That tourney is done for this year.

 

As far as S. Laural goes, who else do they have outside of Sanders?

7th grade state looks competitive! Who are the favorites and who is a sleeper?

 

Favorites:

Knox Co.

S. Laurel (if Sanders is back)

Scott Co.

 

Sleepers:

Clay Co.

Wayne Co.

Lincoln Co.

 

Scott County should take the ship, however, who plays for Knox Co???

  • Author
Scott County should take the ship, however, who plays for Knox Co???

 

I would have to think they would be the favorite (Scott Co) with Richardson and Portwood. Although I hear good things about the Wayne Co team and also the Clay Co boys. Dont count out Hazard either. Should be a very competetive tourney and I hope the Birds get some good games.

Someone who was at the KBA last weekend told me that the KBA might be divide the 7th grade tournament into 2 divisions: a school team and an AAU team division. Has anyone heard anything about this? I had not and was just curious!

  • Author
Someone who was at the KBA last weekend told me that the KBA might be divide the 7th grade tournament into 2 divisions: a school team and an AAU team division. Has anyone heard anything about this? I had not and was just curious!

 

I doubt this because this is a school specific tournament. They have their AAU State tourney in April.

 

Atleast I am hoping the teams listed are school teams.

That is what I was thinking as well. However, I heard some rumblings about possible AAU teams playing, but I may have been given some false information!

The KBA checks that very closely, they also will not let 2 middle school teams from the same county combine.... they do a good job and if you suspect anything wrong you should tell them and they would take action. ONLY 1 DIVISION AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE.

That is what I was thinking as well. However, I heard some rumblings about possible AAU teams playing, but I may have been given some false information!
The KBA is looking at hosting an AAU tournament the weekend of Feb. 23rd. But it is not final yet. As far as there being AAU teams in the 7th grade middle school state tournament, no.
Scott County should take the ship, however, who plays for Knox Co???
Knox Co. is the best team I have seen this year. Solid guard play and a nice big man. They have double digit wins over Clay Co., Wayne Co., and Meece. None of their kids play AAU. #23 is their stud. He is the best guard Meece has played against this year. He has a mustache and can grab the rim :sssh: He had 36 points agianst meece.
The KBA is looking at hosting an AAU tournament the weekend of Feb. 23rd. But it is not final yet. As far as there being AAU teams in the 7th grade middle school state tournament, no.

 

Out on the KBA website, there are 2 new AAU "State Preview" tourneys listed. Feb 22-24 for 8U-12U and March 28-30 for 13U-17U.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.