Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I would like to thank the Kba for putting on an outstanding 6th grade tourney this week. Thanks to Sean Vinsel for all his great work with this tourney. I think the 6th grade tourney is here to stay. Also, it was great meeting Southernkyhoops, he has a genuine love for the game and his kids. Thanks for everything. Thanks to our kids(Central Elementary) for making this such a great weekend. Final four is a great accomplishment for our program.
I enjoyed watching Central play this weekend. Congratulations on the final four.
  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

What school is LTMS?

:thumb:

I'm glad the KBA did this tournament and I look forward to the ones to come.. The staff is a class act.

 

Just curious as to what you thought of the officials and do you know who they use?

In the past when we have had teams play there or I have been there just as an observer the officials are pretty good. They could be better b/c I know quite a few who could be asked to ref, but usually are not.

  • Author
In the past when we have had teams play there or I have been there just as an observer the officials are pretty good. They could be better b/c I know quite a few who could be asked to ref, but usually are not.

 

I agree, I think in the past state tourneys we have been to they are pretty decent and dont take much crap. In fact they will toss coaches and fans in a second and I think that its good that they take control because there can be some unruly coaches and fans at times.

 

With that said I just like to see consistency in refereeing and I think we saw that from our experience at KBA.

Just curious as to what you thought of the officials and do you know who they use?
I think the KBA has the best officials of any facility we have ever played in for the most part. That does not mean that there aren't a few bad ones in the mix. I watched the Central vs Lincoln Co. game and I don't think it was one of there better crews. But, for the overall tournament I think they were decent.
I enjoyed watching Central play this weekend. Congratulations on the final four.

 

Thank you. I enjoyed watching you guys also. That Lincoln County game was rough. We had a kid bleeding on the floor from a foul that wasn't called. We also lost 2 possesion arrows in that game . But overall pretty good officiating.

The KBA has 45 teams posted for the 7th grade state tournament. Who are some of the better teams and what school do some of the better players from AAU play for.

Example:

Meece (Somerset)- Gover, Dishman

South Laurel- Sanders

Pendelton Co.- Monroe

LTMS- McFarland

Scott Co.-Portwood, Richardson

Royal Springs- Diaw

Brian Station- Morton

 

I don't think he plays AAU, but Jordan Olinger is very good for Hazard 7th and 8th. They have a decent team also. I think there 8th grade will be one of the favorites in the state tourney. THey own a win over Rose Hill whom won the 7th grade state last year.

Southernkyhoops congratulations on your finals appearance at 6th grade state. As I said before, your Albany Bulldogs are an excellent team! I was actually shocked that you guys didn't win the tournament. Sayre must be tough or you guys had an off game???

 

I hope we are on opposite sides of the D2 bracket at the U12 AAU state.

 

Again, Congratulations!

What school is LTMS?
Lexington Traditional Middle School
I don't think he plays AAU, but Jordan Olinger is very good for Hazard 7th and 8th. They have a decent team also. I think there 8th grade will be one of the favorites in the state tourney. THey own a win over Rose Hill whom won the 7th grade state last year.
If they have a win over Rose Hill then you have to put Hazard as one of the better 8th grade teams. Who are some of the teams Hazard 7th grade has played?
  • Author
The KBA has 45 teams posted for the 7th grade state tournament. Who are some of the better teams and what school do some of the better players from AAU play for.

Example:

Meece (Somerset)- Gover, Dishman

South Laurel- Sanders

Pendelton Co.- Monroe

LTMS- McFarland

Scott Co.-Portwood, Richardson

Royal Springs- Diaw

Brian Station- Morton

 

Looks like Highlands has the green light on this 7th grade tourney. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Sean Vinsel other than email? No responses last two I sent. thanks

Looks like Highlands has the green light on this 7th grade tourney. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Sean Vinsel other than email? No responses last two I sent. thanks

 

email is the best - or 859-219-9272

  • Author

Thanks Boom.

 

Birds play Campbell Co Gold again tonight out at CC Middle School. Try to improve to 22-6 on the year.

Sayre was oustanding, 3 of their starters are probable starters for the Central Kentucky Warriors, Cunningham, Green, and Johnson. Johnson is about 6'1" and we had alot of trouble finding an answer for him. We pressed almost the entire time all week and our kids were worn out, as well as their coach. We could not make a perimiter shot, they jumped out early and it was over. AND they were the better team.

Thank all of you guys for the compliments and support..... I am still worn out today, and I'm sure the kids are. I was extremely proud of how hard they played... it made 3-4 years of hard work seem worth it. Thanks again!!... the friendships i've built through basketball are terrific, good luck to everyone the rest of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.