Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

No offense 3BREDS2B, but the officiating at the Holmes on Saturday was pathetic. Clyde the glide doesn't blow his whistle and the other guy was asleep. I watched both 6th and 7th grade games and it was that way in both games. Titans coaches and Camels coaches were both barking and complaining about the refs. Clyde is horrible and shouldn't be reffing. He doesn't want to be there. He will always say "let's get this game over". If you don't want to be there, stay home!

 

The Titans are athletic, but lack any shooters. As well they only shoot about 20% from the line. I think Highlands should get the W in the rematch.

 

Have the Titans stepped their game up as of late? They seemed lost on the basketball court when I watched them.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
No offense 3BREDS2B, but the officiating at the Holmes on Saturday was pathetic. Clyde the glide doesn't blow his whistle and the other guy was asleep. I watched both 6th and 7th grade games and it was that way in both games. Titans coaches and Camels coaches were both barking and complaining about the refs. Clyde is horrible and shouldn't be reffing. He doesn't want to be there. He will always say "let's get this game over". If you don't want to be there, stay home!

 

The Titans are athletic, but lack any shooters. As well they only shoot about 20% from the line. I think Highlands should get the W in the rematch.

 

Wow, more great refereeing to look forward to as we approach that Feb 5th matchup.

 

Highlands jumped up on TRMS by 22 behind a scorching night of shooting and excellent guard play. Dupont was key in the first win and is out still but I think the Birds knnow how to beat that group. Zone em to death, make them shoot the ball and rebound. They are poor shooters overall but are all hungry athletic kids. Not to say HMS wont throw some man-man at them early but I expect them to go with a gameplan of zone, especially if the refs are going to be bad and not call antyhing. If that happens, it will play into the favor of TRMS who love to hang on your jersey, literally.

Rumor is a Summit View Middle School player enrolled at Two Rivers and will be playing for the Titans. If that is the case, this addition will improve the Titans. The team continues to struggle from the line. They are very aggressive and that continues to impact their play from a negative stand point. They continue to play the playground style of basketball/hang on jersey style which isn't effective when you play the other disciplined teams in the league. Dupont shot the lights out in the first game against the Titans.

Rumor is a Summit View Middle School player enrolled at Two Rivers and will be playing for the Titans. If that is the case, this addition will improve the Titans. The team continues to struggle from the line. They are very aggressive and that continues to impact their play from a negative stand point. They continue to play the playground style of basketball/hang on jersey style which isn't effective when you play the other disciplined teams in the league. Dupont shot the lights out in the first game against the Titans.

 

Was this player kicked off of Summit View's team for academic reasons?

Was this player kicked off of Summit View's team for academic reasons?

 

Wow...That would definitely change things alot. I'm assuming his name starts with an M and ends with an N.

Was this player kicked off of Summit View's team for academic reasons?

 

Yes he was.........but he will be a very nice asset to his new team, and I think Twenhofel 7th will have a surprise in the morning.

 

Do let me voice this, all of us parents at Summit View will miss this child, not only for his talent, but as a person. I know I wish him the best, but would like to see him back at Summit View next year.

Wow...That would definitely change things alot. I'm assuming his name starts with an M and ends with an N.

 

assumption correct :)

Yes he was.........but he will be a very nice asset to his new team, and I think Twenhofel 7th will have a surprise in the morning.

 

Do let me voice this, all of us parents at Summit View will miss this child, not only for his talent, but as a person. I know I wish him the best, but would like to see him back at Summit View next year.

 

[QUOTE=Italian Stallion;2623049]Was this player kicked off of Summit View's team for academic reasons?[/quote]

 

Wow this is terrible news! I really like this kid as well.

But, here is my question. How can a student/athlete be dismissed from his team for academic reasons and be allowed to enroll in another school in the same conference and be eligible to play for this new team when the season is already 2/3rd's over? This does not make any sense to me. Is it things like this that the Boone & Kenton schools are not playing anymore?

Every school does not have the same SBDM extra-curricular participation policy. Academics were never mentioned during the conversation. I was informed that the decision was made because of reasons outside of this young mans control. Most importantly, he is a great person and I wish him the best of luck and many future successes. If he remains in the Covington School District, Coach Henley has another outstanding young man and athlete to look forward to coaching. At this rate, Holmes will continue to be a top contender for several years to come w/the talent that is waiting in the wings.

From what I understand (and this is strictly hearsay), the Boone schools weren't real happy with how one of the Kenton schools handled 1 of their players. Apparently, he was held back for no educational reasons, only athletic. That's what severed ties between the Boone/Kenton schools. Those 2 counties played each other for as long as I can remember (before I played, which was quite a while ago). Again, this is only hearsay, I'm not real close to the situation!

 

And it is strange to hold a kid back for no academic reason? There are plenty of good students getting an extra year. There are several middle schools that have players that look like they drove to the game--I seriously doubt that 1/4 of these teams have that many kids that have actually failed. Just look at the good AAU teams and their 3 exemptions.

Was this player kicked off of Summit View's team for academic reasons?

 

Well I hate that the term "kicked off" is used. Yes he was told he was no longer eligible to play because of academic concerns. He is a really great kid and I wish him the best. But my concern is this, what message is being sent when a student is not eligible to play because of academic reasons at one school and then is pulled out of that school to play at another? Isn't this the message that sports comes before learning?

 

I also feel that if the conference follows the same rules as the Kentucky High schools do, how is this player allowed to transfer from one school to another 2/3's of the way through the season and still allowed to play? How is this fair to the kids that already play for TRMS? How is this fair to the teams in that division that now play TRMS and the dynamic of their team has changed and could affect the outcome of the standings? This truly could affect the outcomes for teams like Highlands and Sharp. I am not sure any of this should be allowed. It seems we have gotten away from the point of middle school basketball and all we are concerned about is winning the game.

 

Don't misunderstand me I like winning just as much as the next person but, not at the cost of education or a kid's happiness. It is just a game after all, this is not all there is in life.

 

I will also add that I think Summit View will still come out on top. They are a very talented team. Sure this changes the team's dynamic but, they still play well together and they will adjust and move on.

 

Again I wish this child the best. He truly is a great kid and a great player. I hope he has much success in the future in all areas!

Which part is ridiculous?

I don't know about this being rediculous or not. What I do know is this kid is a good player and kid and whoever is making the decisions for him should be concentrating on his academics and less on his game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.