Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Author

Highlands plays Campb. Co Gold next Tuesday at home. I can tell you all right now this one will be intense for the Birds. Gold can expect to get pressed into oblivion and I would expect a nice crowd.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands plays Campb. Co Gold next Tuesday at home. I can tell you all right now this one will be intense for the Birds. Gold can expect to get pressed into oblivion and I would expect a nice crowd.

 

 

If I remember, isn't there a history here? Otherwise, given the Gold's recent performance, there is no reason to "press them into oblivion."

  • Author
If I remember, isn't there a history here? Otherwise, given the Gold's recent performance, there is no reason to "press them into oblivion."

 

Well, I can say they will exact revenge respectfully. Its up to the coach what he wants to do. Even if they are up 20 and pressing it still wont match last year's deliberate attack while up 28 out there with 3 min left in the game.

Well, I can say they will exact revenge respectfully. Its up to the coach what he wants to do. Even if they are up 20 and pressing it still wont match last year's deliberate attack while up 28 out there with 3 min left in the game.

 

I'm lost qryche, give us the details of what happened last year, please.

  • Author
I'm lost qryche, give us the details of what happened last year, please.

 

First game at Highlands the Birds won vs. a very good Gold team by 2pts. The refereeing was horrible but it is every week up at our games. REfereeing didnt lose the game for CC Gold but their coach thought so. I think there were some words exchanged between coaches, some CC fans felt the need to go out on the floor approaching the refs after the game which was just stupid. Police had to make sure the REfs were protected, etc etc.

 

So the 2nd game out at CCMS the Birds fell behind, their head coach wasnt there and the assistant was filling in. He played 7 kids the whole night and didnt sub any of the other 9 that were on the bench. CCGold started to get up pretty big, I believe it was 25+ midway through the 4th qtr. They were still pressing and their coach was going ballistic on the sidelines if his kids didnt trap or cut off the sideline, etc etc. You get my point. Our assistant who was playing head coach said something to him during that moment and they apparently challenged each other to a fight. Just poor sportsmanship on CC part and it was clearly evident as even some of their parents were saying what is this guy doing? All over us having poor referees at the first game. If that guy is still coaching I would be surprised. They already did the right thing and got rid of the goofball coaching the Purple team last year. He was another treat, always on the floor, yelling at refs,etc.

 

6 of the boys on this year's team were on that team last year as 6th graders and I know they havent forgotten. But to be honest, they didnt see the floor much at all that night when the blowout occurred. This year Highlands will clearly have the advantage of talent and they will get a taste of their own medicine.

First game at Highlands the Birds won vs. a very good Gold team by 2pts. The refereeing was horrible but it is every week up at our games. REfereeing didnt lose the game for CC Gold but their coach thought so. I think there were some words exchanged between coaches, some CC fans felt the need to go out on the floor approaching the refs after the game which was just stupid. Police had to make sure the REfs were protected, etc etc.

 

So the 2nd game out at CCMS the Birds fell behind, their head coach wasnt there and the assistant was filling in. He played 7 kids the whole night and didnt sub any of the other 9 that were on the bench. CCGold started to get up pretty big, I believe it was 25+ midway through the 4th qtr. They were still pressing and their coach was going ballistic on the sidelines if his kids didnt trap or cut off the sideline, etc etc. You get my point. Our assistant who was playing head coach said something to him during that moment and they apparently challenged each other to a fight. Just poor sportsmanship on CC part and it was clearly evident as even some of their parents were saying what is this guy doing? All over us having poor referees at the first game. If that guy is still coaching I would be surprised. They already did the right thing and got rid of the goofball coaching the Purple team last year. He was another treat, always on the floor, yelling at refs,etc.

 

6 of the boys on this year's team were on that team last year as 6th graders and I know they havent forgotten. But to be honest, they didnt see the floor much at all that night when the blowout occurred. This year Highlands will clearly have the advantage of talent and they will get a taste of their own medicine.

 

While that is some crap by the CC coach (who was not brought back), the 7th grade Gold team is totally different from that team. I would hope that adults wouldn't try to exact revenge on unwitting 7th graders. I could understand the players having a chip on their shoulder, but the exacting revenge because the color of the jersey is the same isn't exactly a stand-up position. That same type of idealogy caused alot of historical miscues over the past couple hundred years.

 

The Birds should play their game and not worry about unreputable coaches who are no longer around. The Birds 7th grade will destroy the CC Gold team without much effort at all.

While that is some crap by the CC coach (who was not brought back), the 7th grade Gold team is totally different from that team. I would hope that adults wouldn't try to exact revenge on unwitting 7th graders. I could understand the players having a chip on their shoulder, but the exacting revenge because the color of the jersey is the same isn't exactly a stand-up position. That same type of idealogy caused alot of historical miscues over the past couple hundred years.

 

The Birds should play their game and not worry about unreputable coaches who are no longer around. The Birds 7th grade will destroy the CC Gold team without much effort at all.

 

Could not have said it better myself Boomer. If the Highlands coach wants to make an example of the CC kids, he would be doing the exact same thing to them that he did not like last year. HHS should show up and play their game and let the chips fall where they may. On a side note Q, why was the assistant coach running the team that night for the Birds?

  • Author
Could not have said it better myself Boomer. If the Highlands coach wants to make an example of the CC kids, he would be doing the exact same thing to them that he did not like last year. HHS should show up and play their game and let the chips fall where they may. On a side note Q, why was the assistant coach running the team that night for the Birds?

 

I agree with both you and Boomer. I dont like to see kids defaced anytime. The coach will not run it up but he will take pleasure in securing a win if it happens. Nice to hear the coach didnt come back and that they cleaned house. The Head coach missed a few games last year due to health reason I believe. New set of kids and new coach so no hard feelings and go play ball.

I predict Sayre and (Paintsville) Central in the championship game. Good luck to everyone!

Summit View 43 Blessed Sacrament 30 (7th grade). SV missing 4-5 kids due to injury and illness. Looked real sluggish 1st half, but decided to play a little in the 2nd.

Just curious if anyone knows how to get in touch with anyone at the KBA in Lexington. I have the phone number but can never get an answer. Are there any certain times that a person needs to call?

Just curious if anyone knows how to get in touch with anyone at the KBA in Lexington. I have the phone number but can never get an answer. Are there any certain times that a person needs to call?

 

Call after 2:00. I have always had better luck emailing Sean than calling.

Call after 2:00. I have always had better luck emailing Sean than calling.

 

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.