Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I agree that our Purple, Highlands, Summit View, and Sharp are all excellent teams. I also think our Gold team has a lot of talent. So look for CC to be just as strong and the other 3 when both teams are merged. Sorry to hear about the refs, but unfortunately it is just the same at CC. I have seen some of ours make terrible calls.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
The referees in Falmouth will not be much better than anywhere else I have seen this season I can assure you of that. It does seem, depending on which 2 guys calls the game @ Sharp, it could be a decent game.

 

Of the many MS games I have seen over the past 3 or 4 seasons, it seems as if the officials wish they were somewhere else. That they do not give their best effort b/c it is a MS game. I have heard officials say this to other officials and that is why among other reasons that they are bad officials!

 

Pretty sure that Summit View was 34-0 last season.

 

I agree, we had one guy last year who was a former Highlands All Stater(90's) doing a few games and he would show up late (meaning they would start with one ref) and then at halftime go out and take a smoke break. I am not mentioning names but I just couldnt believe it.

qrche11 can you keep me updated on the game monday?

  • Author

Highlands/Twenhofel 7th grade at Highlands. I will keep you posted putmeincoach. The 7th grade Birds scrimmaged the 8th grade Birds today in preparation and it was a very good scrimmage.

I agree that our Purple, Highlands, Summit View, and Sharp are all excellent teams. I also think our Gold team has a lot of talent. So look for CC to be just as strong and the other 3 when both teams are merged. Sorry to hear about the refs, but unfortunately it is just the same at CC. I have seen some of ours make terrible calls.

 

Are you talking about the CC Gold 7th grade? They haven't won a game yet. Unfortunately, at CCMS, except for McGovney and 1 or 2 others, our 7th grade has NO talent.

  • Author
Are you talking about the CC Gold 7th grade? They haven't won a game yet. Unfortunately, at CCMS, except for McGovney and 1 or 2 others, our 7th grade has NO talent.

 

I didnt want to say anything and we havent played the CC Gold yet but I have pretty much heard that the CC Purple is basically the team this year and they have one star in McGovney. The other kids have potential and with good coaching can develop. The Purple team executed well against Highlands and hit shots when they had to so no knock but if you take McGovney out of that lineup they are average to below. He makes them go and like I said in an earlier post, he accounted for 80% of their offense that night with baskets and nice assists when doubled. Those shots dont go in or those passes arent made and the Birds roll by 20.

Why don't all of you people go and referee the games since the referee's are so bad? That would help it out since you all could do better. It is easy to complain but never do anything about it. Trust me it is not as easy as it looks especially at the middle school level.

Why don't all of you people go and referee the games since the referee's are so bad? That would help it out since you all could do better. It is easy to complain but never do anything about it. Trust me it is not as easy as it looks especially at the middle school level.

 

My posts were more about the attitiude of some of the ref's. Refs are humans they are going to miss calls. But when a ref wants to soapbox or jaw with coaches, players or fans, that's when it's bad. Being a ref is choice. If you make that choice you must consider the consequences of that choice. If you don't like the consequences don't ref.

  • Author

Highlands 7th grade defeated Twenhofel tonight at Highlands 41-31. Donovan McCoy led the Birds with double figures in scoring. Witte had 8pts including two treys. Luke Turner had some nice buckets in transition and hit some FT's as he finished close to double figures. 6'1 Center, Nick True was strong on the post tonight defending a very tough Ben Rack but fouled out midway through the 4th. Christian gave some nice minutes hitting some big buckets and Jack Collinsworth is back in the lineup working out the kinks from being out over 4 weeks.

 

Twenhofel had some big kids but never could get within 8pts of the Birds throughout. Up 13 with 2 minutes left both teams emptied their benches. Twenhofel 2nd teamers actually played very well and pulled to within 6 forcing Highlands to put the starters back in to finish it off and win by 10. Once again the refereeing was less than stellar but it was below average both ways tonight. Just out of position a lot, missing tons of traveling calls and allowing kids to get mauled out front with no call. Twenhofel has a solid team but could never get over the hump due to a very physical Bird defense.

How'd #5 play for Twen?

 

I heard the refs were far from good.

  • Author
How'd #5 play for Twen?

 

I heard the refs were far from good.

 

He played a good game, never got the ball much on offense but rebounded well. I believe his name is Ayers(warmup name) and is a lefthander. I actually went up and told him and Racke they played nice ballgames afterwards. The refs were not so good but I dont think they played a factor in the game as far as the outcome. Barnes I think was his name hit a couple big 3's to keep them in the game. Like I said, they are a decent squad. I also noticed they had Norton on their team who also plays with the Brossart Celtics. That was interesting. He never got into the flow of the game but he is a solid player as well. For some reason Racke didnt start. How you keep a big 6'1 200lb kid out of the starting 5 is beyond me but I dont know the particulars. He came in midway to late 1st qtr I believe. He will be a very good post player in high school.

He played a good game, never got the ball much on offense but rebounded well. I believe his name is Ayers(warmup name) and is a lefthander. I actually went up and told him and Racke they played nice ballgames afterwards. The refs were not so good but I dont think they played a factor in the game as far as the outcome. Barnes I think was his name hit a couple big 3's to keep them in the game. Like I said, they are a decent squad. I also noticed they had Norton on their team who also plays with the Brossart Celtics. That was interesting. He never got into the flow of the game but he is a solid player as well.

 

Did Racke play? Last I had heard is that his back was hurt and he might sit this game.

 

Yep Ayers. He's a lefty but just as good with his right, can pass great but wont put up an easy shot for the life of him.

 

Tanner hasn't been getting much PT this year, not sure why.

  • Author
Did Racke play? Last I had heard is that his back was hurt and he might sit this game.

 

Yep Ayers. He's a lefty but just as good with his right, can pass great but wont put up an easy shot for the life of him.

 

Tanner hasn't been getting much PT this year, not sure why.

 

Racke played and that explains the reason he didnt start. He has good feet and nice moves around the basket. If he had a mean streak in him he would dominate. Ayers did look a little passive but he is also a nice sized kid who can get to the hoop. Norton played but like you said not as much as I thought he should have.

Racke played and that explains the reason he didnt start. He has good feet and nice moves around the basket. If he had a mean streak in him he would dominate. Ayers did look a little passive but he is also a nice sized kid who can get to the hoop. Norton played but like you said not as much as I thought he should have.

 

Yep, and once Ben stops fading away he'll be a force. This is the first time Ayers has every played down low. I doubt you can tell but he's been a guard for way to long, one of the few who could handle all of the pressure. So he's a work in progress.

 

Twen has some meat on their team, hopefully they can all grow to their potential.

  • Author
Yep, and once Ben stops fading away he'll be a force. This is the first time Ayers has every played down low. I doubt you can tell but he's been a guard for way to long, one of the few who could handle all of the pressure. So he's a work in progress.

 

Twen has some meat on their team, hopefully they can all grow to their potential.

 

I am assuming these kids will either go to SK or Scott? Norton to Brossart? Like I said, a lot of potential and with proper coaching and work in the summers they have 2-3 kids that can be good high school players.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.