Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I guess we are lucky. The Head Coach and his assistant's are frequently at the middle school games. They have been to some summer AAU games as well.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that the powers that be at the KHSAA would like to read about this. The Brossart website includes a write-up about a game involving kids that do not attend the school yet? Interesting to say the least. Just another example of why there are issues between the privates and the publics.

 

Just for the record Bmustangs is not Brossart's Official school website.

It is a website about Brossart Sports from an Individual who loves The stangs

and there kids. I wish we had someone who was as dedicated as Mustang is

for our school.:thumb:

  • Author
Just for the record Bmustangs is not Brossart's Official school website.

It is a website about Brossart Sports from an Individual who loves The stangs

and there kids. I wish we had someone who was as dedicated as Mustang is

for our school.:thumb:

 

No Doubt :thumb:

 

With the technology department at Highlands being so nice you would think one of the students or a few of them would take on this project. It couldnt hurt and would be a way to create a portfolio in the event they want to pursue this as a field in the future. Hats off to Coach Simms and his assistant for checking out the young Wildcats.

Pendleton County (Sharp) 7th grade has a big game Thursday Jan. 3rd against Summit View. Nice matchup McClendon and Monroe.

  • Author
I'm not looking to "threadjack" (nice), but I will say that public schools could have the advantage over private schools if they so desired. They have the facilities and funds that private schools typically don't have. What public schools don't have (usually) are the inspired! Coaches who are there to benefit the guys and girls they coach, not to pad their retirement. Fans and parents who want to see all children succeed, not just have their child get the spotlight. Those two things, along with passion, is what most private schools have that public schools lack.

 

Boomer I only mentioned the "Threadjack" term to preface what I was saying because I wanted to give you my take but didnt want my post to make it look like I wanted to continue the topic. Cool ? :thumb:

  • Author
Pendleton County (Sharp) 7th grade has a big game Thursday Jan. 3rd against Summit View. Nice matchup McClendon and Monroe.

 

That will be a great matchup. As long as Monroe doesnt have to carry the load each time down the court I think he wins the battle here. McClendon is fabulous in the open court and in 0ne on one situations but can be taken out of his game if teams throw a strong 1-3-1 zone at him. (hint hint) Swanson is a strong kid who hustles his tail off for Summit View so you gotta find him also and I hear they just got a kid back from injury so Jackson Strong will have his work cut out for him in the paint. Good luck !!

 

My question is, does Ben Racke play with Summit View or Twenhofel?

I believe Racke plays with Twenhofel.

  • Author
I believe Racke plays with Twenhofel.

 

Thanks. Highlands plays Twenhofel on Monday the 7th so should be a good game as well.

  • Author

Middle School STate Tournament is coming up in early February. Who will be some of the top teams entering this year in both 7th and 8th grades. List the teams and some of the players to watch for if you can.

 

Not sure if Highlands will enter this tournament yet. Even with their starting point guard out I still think it would be a good experience for the kids to go downstate and play other school teams.

 

In 7th grade some teams that come to mind.

Meece-Somerset

Georgetown Middle

Highlands

Scott Co

Summit View= Independance

Campbell Co-Purple

Sharp- Pendleton Co.

Any Louisville schools representing?

I am pretty sure PC (Sharp) 7th grade will be playing in this tournament this year.

It should provide a great experience for the boys to be a part of this.

Based on Bluegrass Conference results, Scott County and Madison Middle are the best 2 7th grade teams in this area, with Royal Spring, McNabb and Clark Moores behind them. In 8th grade, Georgetown Middle and Clark Moores are the best with Scott County and Royal Spring right behind.

 

The Lexington public schools -- which begin play real soon -- will bring some good teams. Bryan Station should have a good team.

 

Anderson County and Shelby West both have good 8th grade teams as well as Lexington Catholic.

 

And, schools from the south -- Wayne County, Meece, Southern (Somerset), South Laurel -- will also be tough. And, don't forget about Rose Hill. They won 7th grade last year.

 

I believe there is a 6th grade division this year for the first time.

Some teams to watch for in the 7th grade state from the south:

Somerset (Meece)

South Laurel? If Sanders is able to play at that time.

Wayne Co.

Clay Co.

Knox Central

Whitley Co

Teams to watch in the 8th grade state:

Southwestern (Southern)

Georgetown

Somerset (Meece)

  • Author

Thanks SHS and Rainman.

Does anyone know who's playing in the BCI Winter Shootout 7th grade this weekend at Knott County Sportsplex?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.