Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I am assuming these kids will either go to SK or Scott? Norton to Brossart? Like I said, a lot of potential and with proper coaching and work in the summers they have 2-3 kids that can be good high school players.

 

Simon Kenton from what I know.

 

I have no clue on Norton, I'd have to ask around.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Simon Kenton from what I know.

 

I have no clue on Norton, I'd have to ask around.

 

His brother goes to Brossart and he was on the Celtics team that Highlands scrimmaged and defeated over the break. It consisted of kids from Campbell Co catholic schools and he was part of that team. I am thinking they are expecting him to be a Mustang.

The 6th grade Clinton County Bulldogs won tonight to improve to 21-1 on the season. I know they are going to the 6th grade state, who else is planning on going? I know Somerset and Wayne County are already in. Who are some of the teams from Northern Kentucky who will be there?

Unfortunately, I learned that Campbell County will not be participating in the state tournaments. Not sure why.

 

What other teams are in or out?

Meece Middle School (Somerset) swept three on the road at McCreary Central last night. The 6th and 7th grade games weren't close but the 8th grade game was a 3 point game. They travel to Whitley County tonight.

  • Author
Unfortunately, I learned that Campbell County will not be participating in the state tournaments. Not sure why.

 

What other teams are in or out?

 

Not sure yet on Highlands. They have a scheduled conference game with Holmes on that Saturday (?) and put a feeler out there with the coach with whom I havent heard back. I would hope that they could maybe reschedule that game and free up that weekend so they could go down and play.

I am sure that the powers that be at the KHSAA would like to read about this. The Brossart website includes a write-up about a game involving kids that do not attend the school yet? Interesting to say the least. Just another example of why there are issues between the privates and the publics.

 

First of all it is not a school sponsored website or team and secondly is this the pot calling the kettle black or what? Nice full page add by the way.;)

Just got back from the Camels purple vs. Summitview. I watched the 6th and 7th grade play. The 6th grade Camels won by 2, 25 - 23. Logan Schneider (post player) and Garrett Geiman (point guard) were able to hold off a quick summitview team (must be something in the water).

 

The 7th grade game was ugly. Summitview jumped out to a quick 12 point lead in the first half and never looked back. Although, the 7th grade's struggles were related to poor coaching. Pressed early and allowed a quick big lead and EASY buckets. McGovney was the only bright spot for the purple scoring 20 and being responsible for 10 more points.

 

Summitview's 1st 5 are tough. Coach Mark Franzen seemed to revel in getting revenge on the purple squad from the Camel Classic loss.

 

Anyone know the outcome of the 8th grade game???

First of all it is not a school sponsored website or team and secondly is this the pot calling the kettle black or what? Nice full page add by the way.;)

 

Now I'm really confused. I know 83Birds and he has no reason to run any ads in any publication. Either I don't get an inside joke or your mistaken about who you are posting about.

Twenhofel 7th grade bounced back nicely to beat Turkey Foot today by about 25.

I went last night and watch some of the Grey vs. Conner games. Both sixth grade hadn't loss a game. Grey won by 10 or so. They have a very skilled big kid. Used both hand around the rim and had a nice shot to about 15 foot. He scored at least 20 and probably had double digit blocks.

  • Author

Highlands 7th beat Blessed Sacrament at SOAS last night 58-23. I didnt attend but from what I heard many kids played and the usual suspects had good games. Several Birds are developing their game and shooting the ball well.

 

Next up for the Birds will be a big conference game in Falmouth vs. the Sharp Wildcats on Monday evening.

Twenhofel 7th grade bounced back nicely to beat Turkey Foot today by about 25.

 

CC Purple hosts Twenhofel on Friday night. Should be a good game.

Highlands 7th beat Blessed Sacrament at SOAS last night 58-23. I didnt attend but from what I heard many kids played and the usual suspects had good games. Several Birds are developing their game and shooting the ball well.

 

Next up for the Birds will be a big conference game in Falmouth vs. the Sharp Wildcats on Monday evening.

 

 

What time is the game on Monday?

  • Author
What time is the game on Monday?

 

6:15 at Falmouth. I am not expecting the Birds to get many calls but they will go to battle. I know I heard a few of them already talking about the game already.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.