Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Author
Nice analysis of the game qryche11:thumb:

The atmosphere was excellent and the music wasn't bad either:cool:

The crowd last night was bigger than what has been showing up for the High School games.

Harper is number 30 and he scored the 5 points before the half. Which was key.He was the one that was accidently poked and scratched in the eye last night. Smith is # 41 and continues to make big baskets against the Birds. I have a feeling we will see the Birds again at Sharp this year:D

By the way do the Birds not have Blue traveling uniforms?

Tell that AD to let loose of some of that football money and buy those boys some road uniforms.

 

Harper's 5 right before the half took it from a 14-14 game to 19-14. Which in the end was the margin 39-34 so they were key. I watched him in warmups and he was hitting 3's. You can tell the kids who the shooters are all night but getting them to find them is another thing.

I did like the atmosphere and when they broke out the music I felt like grabbing a ball and jumping in the layup line. Excellent choice BTW.

On the uniforms, they have both blue and white in fact they are required to take both uniforms to all games. What happened was early in the year at home we were wearing white like we all figured you do at home and Summit View showed up in their whites. Apparently the coach said, no the rule is home team wears dark which is against what I always thought. We didnt change and Summit ended up wearing their dark warm ups during the game. So we had our whites on the other night and you all wore black. Not sure where your coming from on that HoopDR.

 

Good seeing you by the way and like you said, these two teams I have a feeling will meet in the finals of their conference tourney as they look to be the best in the East Conf.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Frazen does a nice job with his kids. I was there last night and the coach for Holmes tries to coach by scaring the kids into playing his way. He had a kid on the sixth grade team that had six offensive rebounds the first four minutes of the game but couldn't convert them into points. He took the kid out and just screamed at him for missing shots. How about a little praise for six offensive rebounds. Summit View 7th grade team has a few nice players. Will these kids go the Simon Kenton?

 

I agree with you 100%. Their coaches are screamers and have no true gameplan nor do they praise their kids. I will say this though, when Highlands was up 20 on them wiht 4 minutes to go in the game they did empty their bench and concede. It was nice that they were concerned about getting kids playing time. But another approach might be something they try and they may get the kids to respond because they have some athletes and they are all over the floor rebounding, swatting, etc.

Good seeing you by the way and like you said, these two teams I have a feeling will meet in the finals of their conference tourney as they look to be the best in the East Conf.

 

Does anyone know the bracket format for the tourney? Don't count the CC purples out quite yet.

  • Author
Does anyone know the bracket format for the tourney? Don't count the CC purples out quite yet.

 

Oh, Im not, they will compete however I think they split the tourney into East and West and I think the Purples are on the West with Summit,Twenhofel, etc. That is why I said that. What they are doing is having an East and West tournament and then the winner of both will face off in the Final.

Oh, Im not, they will compete however I think they split the tourney into East and West and I think the Purples are on the West with Summit,Twenhofel, etc. That is why I said that. What they are doing is having an East and West tournament and then the winner of both will face off in the Final.

 

CC will be in the same bracket as Pendleton according to those in the know????

  • Author
CC will be in the same bracket as Pendleton according to those in the know????

 

Hmmm...HoopDR sent me a list. Let me check it, I almost swore it was CCgold. Here is what he sent me and he gets the info straight from NKYMSBL.

 

East: Sharp, CCMS Gold, Holmes, Highlands, Newport, St. Pius

 

West: Summit View, CCMS Purple, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel, Blessed Sacrament, IHM, Woodland

 

Sharp Middle School will host the Eastern Conference Tournament. Please see the attachment.

 

CCMS will host the Western Conference Tournament.

 

Looks like another trip to Foul Mouth for the Birds. : )

Hmmm...HoopDR sent me a list. Let me check it, I almost swore it was CCgold. Here is what he sent me and he gets the info straight from NKYMSBL.

 

East: Sharp, CCMS Gold, Holmes, Highlands, Newport, St. Pius

 

West: Summit View, CCMS Purple, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel, Blessed Sacrament, IHM, Woodland

 

Sharp Middle School will host the Eastern Conference Tournament. Please see the attachment.

 

CCMS will host the Western Conference Tournament.

 

Looks like another trip to Foul Mouth for the Birds. : )

 

 

Interesting...CCMS Purple will have a tough time coming out of their bracket in 7th - The 6th grade purple should come out of their division. Their only losses were when Geiman was out with a broken wrist. 7th grade on the other hand - unless they clone McGovney or the coach figures out how to use his players efficiently (and quit playing that stupid 3-2 trap) - will be watching the championship.

  • Author
Interesting...CCMS Purple will have a tough time coming out of their bracket in 7th - The 6th grade purple should come out of their division. Their only losses were when Geiman was out with a broken wrist. 7th grade on the other hand - unless they clone McGovney or the coach figures out how to use his players efficiently (and quit playing that stupid 3-2 trap) - will be watching the championship.

 

I agree, 3-2 traps worked in 10U leagues but are not very effective in Middle school ball. You never know though. Nobody is unbeatable.

CC 7th purple take care of Blessed Sacrament pretty easily tonight. Win by 16. First half was slow but they pulled away in third quarter.

Summit View feeds into Simon, Scott and even Dixie. I believe 5 or 6 of the kids will go to Simon.

 

Frazen does a nice job with his kids. I was there last night and the coach for Holmes tries to coach by scaring the kids into playing his way. He had a kid on the sixth grade team that had six offensive rebounds the first four minutes of the game but couldn't convert them into points. He took the kid out and just screamed at him for missing shots. How about a little praise for six offensive rebounds. Summit View 7th grade team has a few nice players. Will these kids go the Simon Kenton?

Friday, Jan 25th

6:30 pm

 

1- West Jessamine vs. Estill County

 

2- Lexington Christian-White vs. Conner

 

3- Lexington Christian-Blue vs. Boyle County

 

4- Lexington Traditional vs. Sayre

 

 

 

7:45 pm

 

5- Mason County vs. Southern (Somerset)

 

6- Mason County 5th vs. Morton

 

7- Meece vs. Betsy Layne

 

8- Wayne County vs. Lincoln County

 

 

 

9:00 pm

 

9- Hazard vs. Clinton County

 

10-Team Elliott vs. Salyersville

 

11-Rose Hill vs. Central (Paintsville)

 

 

 

Your position in the bracket will be determined by whether you win or lose your game, and your game number, for example, Winner 8 might play Loser 4.

 

 

 

In addition, Lewis County, Fleming County, and McNabb will play beginning Saturday morning in the bracket play.

6th grade state looks good. I look forward to next weekend.

Hmmm...HoopDR sent me a list. Let me check it, I almost swore it was CCgold. Here is what he sent me and he gets the info straight from NKYMSBL.

 

East: Sharp, CCMS Gold, Holmes, Highlands, Newport, St. Pius

 

West: Summit View, CCMS Purple, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel, Blessed Sacrament, IHM, Woodland

 

Sharp Middle School will host the Eastern Conference Tournament. Please see the attachment.

 

CCMS will host the Western Conference Tournament.

 

Looks like another trip to Foul Mouth for the Birds. : )

 

Just get that charter bus again that the Highland's parents brought once before. :D

This NKYMSBL Conference Tourney should be very interesting when it is is played in Feb. Where will the finals be held if the East is at Sharp MS and the West is at CCMS? I wouldn't want this championship game to be played @ Summit View. I would hope one of the schools hosting the East or West brackets would be the championship host. I believe PC travels to Newport tonight where they got a nice win last season.

This NKYMSBL Conference Tourney should be very interesting when it is is played in Feb. Where will the finals be held if the East is at Sharp MS and the West is at CCMS? I wouldn't want this championship game to be played @ Summit View. I would hope one of the schools hosting the East or West brackets would be the championship host. I believe PC travels to Newport tonight where they got a nice win last season.

 

CCMS is the host for the championship game

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.