Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I have heard a similar rumor. The schools were very upset at a particular kid playing 4 years of Middle School ball.

 

I heard the same thing and know the kid they are speaking about. He was held back for academic reasons. However, I heard that Boone County representatives didn't like the situation.

 

I thought that was a fable and not the real story???

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the same thing and know the kid they are speaking about. He was held back for academic reasons. However, I heard that Boone County representatives didn't like the situation.

 

I thought that was a fable and not the real story???

 

I know some parents from Boone schools and they claim that is the exact reason why things are split.

I heard the same thing and know the kid they are speaking about. He was held back for academic reasons. However, I heard that Boone County representatives didn't like the situation.

 

I thought that was a fable and not the real story???

 

You know this for a fact? I too know the kid they are talking about.

You know this for a fact? I too know the kid they are talking about.

 

Well, I'm not his parent or a school representative. I'm going off of 2nd party info.

 

Regardless, they are going to have to play against the kid in high school. His name is not Michael Jordan or Lebron James or LaDanian Tomlinson. From what I am hearing, his school team is not overly dominating anyone. So regardless, I don't see the point of not playing all the schools across the board (Boone, Campbell, Kenton, Pendleton).

  • Author

Any games scheduled for tonight across the state?

 

Highlands plays Brossart at home. The atmosphere will be crazy as it is their annual Spirit game. They sell tickets to students and each homeroom tries to sell the most for prizes. If they could just get these students to come more often it would be nice.

In the Bluegrass Conference if you are held back in 6th grade for academic reasons you are granted your 6th grade year athletically over again, this gives some athletes 4 years of elgibility.

Any games scheduled for tonight across the state?

 

Highlands plays Brossart at home. The atmosphere will be crazy as it is their annual Spirit game. They sell tickets to students and each homeroom tries to sell the most for prizes. If they could just get these students to come more often it would be nice.

 

Twenhofel plays St. Pius tonight.

Summit View was scheduled to play St. Pius tonight also! Guess someone messed up on the schedule!

Been a lot of mess ups on the NKMSBL schedules. How does that happen? I mean honestly, who is making out these schedules?

The TRMS Titans beat the CC Purples this past weekend in the NKMSBL. This team has a lot of talented kids and the coaches play all 20 each game. It will be very interesting to see what kind of run the 7th grade team makes. They are looking forward to playing the BIRDS at Holmes. It is amazing how the officiating crew is hired for the HMS home games. The crew becomes more pathetic each year. The more NKMSBL Games I attend, the more one hears about how the refs took over the game and did not allow the kids to play, let alone call the game evenly.

The TRMS Titans beat the CC Purples this past weekend in the NKMSBL. This team has a lot of talented kids and the coaches play all 20 each game. It will be very interesting to see what kind of run the 7th grade team makes. They are looking forward to playing the BIRDS at Holmes. It is amazing how the officiating crew is hired for the HMS home games. The crew becomes more pathetic each year. The more NKMSBL Games I attend, the more one hears about how the refs took over the game and did not allow the kids to play, let alone call the game evenly.

 

I agree with you on the officiating especially at the Titans/CC game. Clyde was in rare form and clearly favored the Titans (especially giving McGovney his fifth foul with 0.8 seconds to go and up one point). The purples did well to only lose by two in OT without him on the court.

  • Author

Highlans 7th made a valiant 2nd half comeback last night to defeat Brossart (St. Marys/ST. Joes) Celtics 24-23. Its the 3rd time this year the Birds have won by 1pt against these kids. Each game could have gone either way so its a testament at how tough both teams are and will be in the future. If you were there last night you know how bad the officiating was so I wont even go there. I will only say that 11 fouls were called the whole game by the officating crew and that was on both teams.

 

Trying to stick to the positives in these three matchups between these two solid teams. I noticed that Highlands plays alot in spurts. They came out flat last night and got down 15-5 after the 1st half. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that they were coming off of last 2 games where they destroyed weak teams by 30+ and this somewhat lulls kids into playing slower and lackadaisical. They came out in 2nd half with intensity and held Brossart scoreless through the entire 3rd period and half of the 4th while making a major run. They outscored them 19-8 in the 2nd half. It was a game of halves.

 

Last night the Brossart boys came out fast and furious with a fullcourt press and a very patient motion offense that at times seemed to milk a full minute off the clock before taking a shot. This shows their discipline and patience and I was quite impressed by this. Highlands plays very good aggressive defense and it showed in the 2nd half as they owned the boards. When the refs are making NO CALLS whatsoever it tends to lead to ugly games where shots are short, balls are lost to turnovers and this is simply due to fouls that are not called. Both coaches were almost laughing by the end of the game when kids were going over and back (no call), diving for balls and sliding (no call), bodies colliding on fastbreak layups (no call) (its either a block or charge, how about one).

 

I really hope Kieth Faust the Assistant Principal at Highlands takes a good hard look at the pitiful officiating at the HMS home games and makes change. I know two guys right now that ref AAU games on weekends and Catholic Grade school games that already told me he has their names and they would be more than happy to ref. Mike Hunter and Tony Pompilio. There has to be a change though because it just makes for ugly games and frustrated kids and coaches.

  • Author

Did anyone ever notice, this thread has 10,000+ views and only 476 posts and probably by only a group of 10 posters I would say. Thats pretty impressive for Middle School Basketball. Glad I started this thread, I think Middle School kids need as much recognition as high school kids and need to start being noticed by folks around the state.

Did anyone ever notice, this thread has 10,000+ views and only 476 posts and probably by only a group of 10 posters I would say. Thats pretty impressive for Middle School Basketball. Glad I started this thread, I think Middle School kids need as much recognition as high school kids and need to start being noticed by folks around the state.

 

:thumb:

 

Twenhofel 7th won easily last night and play at Holmes saturday morning.

The TRMS Titans beat the CC Purples this past weekend in the NKMSBL. This team has a lot of talented kids and the coaches play all 20 each game. It will be very interesting to see what kind of run the 7th grade team makes. They are looking forward to playing the BIRDS at Holmes. It is amazing how the officiating crew is hired for the HMS home games. The crew becomes more pathetic each year. The more NKMSBL Games I attend, the more one hears about how the refs took over the game and did not allow the kids to play, let alone call the game evenly.

 

 

No offense 3BREDS2B, but the officiating at the Holmes on Saturday was pathetic. Clyde the glide doesn't blow his whistle and the other guy was asleep. I watched both 6th and 7th grade games and it was that way in both games. Titans coaches and Camels coaches were both barking and complaining about the refs. Clyde is horrible and shouldn't be reffing. He doesn't want to be there. He will always say "let's get this game over". If you don't want to be there, stay home!

 

The Titans are athletic, but lack any shooters. As well they only shoot about 20% from the line. I think Highlands should get the W in the rematch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.