Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

....

 

....
Here's a Rule #12 reminder
12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.

 

Let's get back to discussing Middle School Basketball and not these.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Twenhofel lost to Three Rivers today. McClendon played all four quarters..

 

Score?

  • Author

With TRMS adding McClendon it definitely hurts the Summit's team as they end the season and head into the tournament. I do think though it will allow those other kids to step up and play better together. It seemed when we played them the last time they all stood around and watched McClendon do his thing which to be honest in the game vs. HMS it wasnt alot of times. They threw a 1-3-1 at him and he became frustrated and turned it over a lot. The kids on Summit that hurt us were the shooters who buried shots late at crunch time. Should be a nice challenge for Summit.

 

As far as TRMS and how good they will be with him, that goes without saying. But there is a gameplan that can help teams win against them even with McClendon and I am sure those will be devised as we head into the tournament.

I was talking about the one jersey rule Somerset put in this year. I agree with you 100% about grades. If you cannot make the grades you shouldn't be allowed to play. That has hurt Meece's 7th grade team this year. A child needs to understand that what he does in the classroom is his future, not the hardwood.

 

:thumb: I'm not much of a fan of the one jersey rule either.

With TRMS adding McClendon it definitely hurts the Summit's team as they end the season and head into the tournament. I do think though it will allow those other kids to step up and play better together. It seemed when we played them the last time they all stood around and watched McClendon do his thing which to be honest in the game vs. HMS it wasnt alot of times. They threw a 1-3-1 at him and he became frustrated and turned it over a lot. The kids on Summit that hurt us were the shooters who buried shots late at crunch time. Should be a nice challenge for Summit.

 

As far as TRMS and how good they will be with him, that goes without saying. But there is a gameplan that can help teams win against them even with McClendon and I am sure those will be devised as we head into the tournament.

 

 

Summit View will be just fine. They have continued to win games when McClendon and other good players were out. They always find a way to do it through hussle and talent. It will be fun to watch. I think the boys will all step up to the plate and still go all the way! But if they don't it won't be for a lack of effort! They always give their best.

 

McClendon was not the team. Sure he helped a lot and has a lot of talent but, there are lots of other kids on that team with talent and leadership!

Congratulations to the Clinton Co. Bulldogs for their runner up finish at the 6th grade middle school state tournament. Nice run for the small community school from Albany.

I would like to thank all the the nice people I met at the 6th grade state. It was a wonderful event and I would like to congratulate Sayre and all of the other teams that participated. It was reaaly nice to meet ironhead and rickyp as well as the coaches from Conner. All of you guys have great programs and do a really good job. I came away feeling that Sayre was the best team but some other oustanding teams were Johnson Central, Meece, LTMS, Conner, Hazard, Lewis county, and lincoln county. There were some excellent teams that had some very nice 5th graders, who will be tough next year, including Wayne County, Rose Hill, Elliott County, Mason Co, and LCA. I know I probably left out a good team or a young team but it has been a very long and tiring weekend. I would also like to congratulate all of my young men fron Clinton County who gave a great effort every minute they were on the floor.

I am looking forward to the 7th grade state tournament. So far around 45 teams have signed up.

The KBA has 45 teams posted for the 7th grade state tournament. Who are some of the better teams and what school do some of the better players from AAU play for.

Example:

Meece (Somerset)- Gover, Dishman

South Laurel- Sanders

Pendelton Co.- Monroe

LTMS- McFarland

Scott Co.-Portwood, Richardson

Royal Springs- Diaw

Brian Station- Morton

  • Author
The KBA has 45 teams posted for the 7th grade state tournament. Who are some of the better teams and what school do some of the better players from AAU play for.

Example:

Meece (Somerset)- Gover, Dishman

South Laurel- Sanders

Pendelton Co.- Monroe

LTMS- McFarland

Scott Co.-Portwood, Richardson

Royal Springs- Diaw

Brian Station- Morton

 

Hopefully we can add Highlands to this list, still waiting to hear.

I would like to thank the Kba for putting on an outstanding 6th grade tourney this week. Thanks to Sean Vinsel for all his great work with this tourney. I think the 6th grade tourney is here to stay. Also, it was great meeting Southernkyhoops, he has a genuine love for the game and his kids. Thanks for everything. Thanks to our kids(Central Elementary) for making this such a great weekend. Final four is a great accomplishment for our program.

  • Author
I would like to thank the Kba for putting on an outstanding 6th grade tourney this week. Thanks to Sean Vinsel for all his great work with this tourney. I think the 6th grade tourney is here to stay. Also, it was great meeting Southernkyhoops, he has a genuine love for the game and his kids. Thanks for everything. Thanks to our kids(Central Elementary) for making this such a great weekend. Final four is a great accomplishment for our program.

 

I think it is also nice that they put on a 6th grade State Tourney. What a great opportunity for those boys to play other teams from around the state and play for their respective schools. Congrats to the KBA and all the teams that partcipated.

The KBA does things the way they are supposed to be done, a classy and well done job every time.

 

The 7th grade tourney should be a very interesting one!!!

I think it is also nice that they put on a 6th grade State Tourney. What a great opportunity for those boys to play other teams from around the state and play for their respective schools. Congrats to the KBA and all the teams that partcipated.
:thumb:

I'm glad the KBA did this tournament and I look forward to the ones to come.. The staff is a class act.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.