Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

Who are some of the teams planning to go to the KBA and play in the 6th grade state?

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some of the teams planning to go to the KBA and play in the 6th grade state?
Here are some of the better 6th grade teams in southern Ky that I think are going to state:

Somerset (Meece)

Corbin

Clinton Co :thumb:

I talked with Sean Vinsel at the KBA and he said the tournament was filling up fast. Anyone interested in playing in the 6th grade state should contact Sean Vinsel at 859-219-9272 after 12:30 or go to their web site at http://www.playkba.com , go to middle school state tournaments and print an entry form. Entry deadline is Jan. 11th

7th grade Game final.

All good things must come to an end and time to start another streak.

PC Sharp 7th grade winning streak comes to an end on the road at Summit View. The Wildcats had a 26 game conference win streak come to an end tonight. They went undefeated last year in conference play and in the conference tournament champions and was 8-0 this year before falling tonight to the Jags. Summit View has a very nice team:thumb:

This game had all the makings for a great ballgame. The refereeing was the worst I have ever witnessed in 35 years of watching competitive basketball.

But that is not the reason PC lost tonight to a better team. The officiating was horrendous for both sides. There were 4 technicals called in this game.

2 agains't both teams and one was a scorebook entry error on Summit View.

I hate to say it but it looked like the refs knew which numbers were Monroe and Strong. Both had three fouls called on them in the 1st quarter and sat out the whole 2nd quarter. This was after PC jumped out on top early and Summit View had to call a timeout. Monroe and Strong picked up their 4th fouls in the 3rd quarter and a technical called on Monroe sent him done early for the night. (Which he deserved for telling the ref he made a terrible call.) It was but there is no excuse for talking to the refs. THe Matchup of McClendon and Monroe never got to materialize as McClendon played with 4 fouls also. Big ups to Aven Harper, Garrett Appleman and Zach Smith for carrying the load tonight. You guys played great! The Reason PC lost tonight was #40 I did not get his name but he lit PC up for 19 points and hit 5 three's. Again good game Summit View. But the ref's should not even be allowed to officiate 2nd & 3rd grade rec games. You two guys should be ashamed:madman:

I would have to 100% agree about the officials in the 7th grade game at Summit View. They were absolutely terrible and was way to involved in the game, never allowing the boys to just play the game and make plays.

 

The whole atmosphere and entire game experience was a downer for me as there was a great deal of tenseness in the air! The officials took what SHOULD have been a very good, if not dynamite basketball game, and turned it into a dog and pony show. I just wish the kids could have been the decisive factor in the game instead of two jokers who were posing as officials!

 

Two very solid teams that are deep w/talent. It will be interesting to see how these teams develop over the next few years!

Haven't read the thread, but, I saw a game last night featuring Dayton's 8th grade boys team and they looked really good, especially for a small school. A few real quick athletic wings and a kid that looked around 6'4'' with a soft touch on his J running the middle. Anyone heard anything about them?

  • Author
7th grade Game final.

All good things must come to an end and time to start another streak.

PC Sharp 7th grade winning streak comes to an end on the road at Summit View. The Wildcats had a 26 game conference win streak come to an end tonight. They went undefeated last year in conference play and in the conference tournament champions and was 8-0 this year before falling tonight to the Jags. Summit View has a very nice team:thumb:

This game had all the makings for a great ballgame. The refereeing was the worst I have ever witnessed in 35 years of watching competitive basketball.

But that is not the reason PC lost tonight to a better team. The officiating was horrendous for both sides. There were 4 technicals called in this game.

2 agains't both teams and one was a scorebook entry error on Summit View.

I hate to say it but it looked like the refs knew which numbers were Monroe and Strong. Both had three fouls called on them in the 1st quarter and sat out the whole 2nd quarter. This was after PC jumped out on top early and Summit View had to call a timeout. Monroe and Strong picked up their 4th fouls in the 3rd quarter and a technical called on Monroe sent him done early for the night. (Which he deserved for telling the ref he made a terrible call.) It was but there is no excuse for talking to the refs. THe Matchup of McClendon and Monroe never got to materialize as McClendon played with 4 fouls also. Big ups to Aven Harper, Garrett Appleman and Zach Smith for carrying the load tonight. You guys played great! The Reason PC lost tonight was #40 I did not get his name but he lit PC up for 19 points and hit 5 three's. Again good game Summit View. But the ref's should not even be allowed to officiate 2nd & 3rd grade rec games. You two guys should be ashamed:madman:

 

I hate to say it but the refereeing is typically bad all the way around in middle school. These guys cannot be even High School Certified and they generally miss a lot of calls or call too much. I figured this would be a close game as both teams are quality teams.

 

You made a good point about talking to the refs and its a good lesson to learn for kids. As a coach I have done my share of yelling and talking to refs but not once did the referee ever change his call because I was pleading my case. The sooner these kids understand this the better they will be for it. It can be very frustrating and at times my son has thrown his hands up in the air and looked at the ref in disbelief but you gotta stay focused. It sounds like it was bad on both sides though.

 

From the looks of it there is a lot of parity in NKY 7th grade ball this season. Highlands/Sharp/CC Purple/Summit View are all good teams that will produce some excellent high school players. Summit now has a Bullseye on their back and I know Highlands is chomping at the bit to play them again. They lost by 4 points early in the season and have a chance to redeem themselves later this month. Also looking forward to getting Sharp back but a little unsure what to expect when we show up down in Falmouth as far as the refereeing goes. Mayby you PC guys can share with us whether or not the Old guy/Young guy are still working games down there. :D I know last year our 8th grade coach got tossed in the hallway before the game even started. I dont have details on what was said but the ref was out of line for giving him the boot.

From the looks of it there is a lot of parity in NKY 7th grade ball this season. Highlands/Sharp/CC Purple/Summit View are all good teams that will produce some excellent high school players. Summit now has a Bullseye on their back and I know Highlands is chomping at the bit to play them again. They lost by 4 points early in the season and have a chance to redeem themselves later this month. Also looking forward to getting Sharp back but a little unsure what to expect when we show up down in Falmouth as far as the refereeing goes. Mayby you PC guys can share with us whether or not the Old guy/Young guy are still working games down there. :D I know last year our 8th grade coach got tossed in the hallway before the game even started. I dont have details on what was said but the ref was out of line for giving him the boot.

 

CC Purple at Summit View next Tuesday. Should be a good one.

  • Author
CC Purple at Summit View next Tuesday. Should be a good one.

 

Take em down Purples. As far as I know the Summit team hasnt lost many games in the past couple years if any.

Just got posted on Bluegrass Conference Website, Scott Middle 8th ends Georgetown's 8th 40 game confernce win streak at Georgetown last night! Congratz to the Cards!

Take em down Purples. As far as I know the Summit team hasnt lost many games in the past couple years if any.

 

They lost a few when McCledon sp? was suspended and Sampson was hurt.

  • Author
They lost a few when McCledon sp? was suspended and Sampson was hurt.

 

They are back to full strength though right?

The referees in Falmouth will not be much better than anywhere else I have seen this season I can assure you of that. It does seem, depending on which 2 guys calls the game @ Sharp, it could be a decent game.

 

Of the many MS games I have seen over the past 3 or 4 seasons, it seems as if the officials wish they were somewhere else. That they do not give their best effort b/c it is a MS game. I have heard officials say this to other officials and that is why among other reasons that they are bad officials!

 

Pretty sure that Summit View was 34-0 last season.

They are back to full strength though right?

 

Yes..

The referees in Falmouth will not be much better than anywhere else I have seen this season I can assure you of that. It does seem, depending on which 2 guys calls the game @ Sharp, it could be a decent game.

 

Of the many MS games I have seen over the past 3 or 4 seasons, it seems as if the officials wish they were somewhere else. That they do not give their best effort b/c it is a MS game. I have heard officials say this to other officials and that is why among other reasons that they are bad officials!

 

Pretty sure that Summit View was 34-0 last season.

 

Correct, on the 34-0 season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.