Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

I heard a rumor that IHM beat Twenhofel. Any truth to that?

 

7th grade? No.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out for those Clark Moores braves. They are 26-0. Pretty stout! 8th grade that is.

 

Clark Moores does have a nice team, but they are no longer undefeated. Scott County ended their perfect season tonight in the semifinals of the 8th grade Bluegrass Conference tournament, 58-51 at Clark Moores.

 

Georgetown beat Royal Spring in the other semifinal, so Georgetown and Scott County will have a rubber match in the finals tomorrow night, after Scott County vs. Madison Middle play in the 7th grade finals.

Twenhofel beat a depleted Summit View tonight. Should be an interesting tournament.

  • Author

Twenhofel is my darkhorse in the tournament Im telling ya.

Twenhofel won by about 9. Jarrod Swanson played his but off for Summit View but their 2 guards couldn't knock down the open shots. Twenhofel is playing well, really well as long as they can get the sick bug out of their locker room I like their chances next week.

 

Oh and congrats to Sharp.

Twenhofel is my darkhorse in the tournament Im telling ya.

 

Well good luck to them all. I must say that I feel bad for the depleted Summit View team. They have worked very hard all year beat everyone in the conference, a feat no one else can claim. Only lost two games and will have nothing to show for it. Sorry to see it end that way for the kids that are left. It showed on their faces tonight. The boys who make it to the end are the ones who are left to suffer the loss, including the two lost to injury (they were still there every step of the way). The rest were lost to other issues and it makes me sad for the boys who played their hearts out tonight and were worn out.

 

Heard one Twenhofel parent say "take that now Summit View" not showing much class but, the rest of the parents were great. I wish them the best of luck in the tournament. They are a good team and a group of good boys.

 

I do know one thing, Summit View may be depleted and tired but, they will go down fighting to the end.

Well good luck to them all. I must say that I feel bad for the depleted Summit View team. They have worked very hard all year beat everyone in the conference, a feat no one else can claim. Only lost two games and will have nothing to show for it. Sorry to see it end that way for the kids that are left. It showed on their faces tonight. The boys who make it to the end are the ones who are left to suffer the loss, including the two lost to injury (they were still there every step of the way). The rest were lost to other issues and it makes me sad for the boys who played their hearts out tonight and were worn out.

 

Heard one Twenhofel parent say "take that now Summit View" not showing much class but, the rest of the parents were great. I wish them the best of luck in the tournament. They are a good team and a group of good boys.

 

I do know one thing, Summit View may be depleted and tired but, they will go down fighting to the end.

 

 

Losing the last six to a team will do that to some parents. I didn't hear that but I know that a lot of the players on both teams are best friends of friends so I'm sure either way they'd like to run it up on each other..

 

If Pouncy or Heush hit some trey's it's a totally different ball game.

  • Author

What happened to Summit? Did they lose any players to injury?

Losing the last six to a team will do that to some parents. I didn't hear that but I know that a lot of the players on both teams are best friends of friends so I'm sure either way they'd like to run it up on each other..

 

If Pouncy or Heush hit some trey's it's a totally different ball game.

 

 

Kids may like to run it up on each other that is fine they are kids but, parents should know better. I would never say it and I would be embarressed if someone else said it. It was one person. The rest of the parents were very gracious. But these are kids and in NO WAY should a parent be acting like that. These kids are already down no reason to kick them too.

 

As far as losing so many players....Summit has lost two to injury and the rest to grades or disipline problems. No matter how much people tell kids they have to keep their grades up or behave some just have to learn the hard way. I just hope they learn the lesson now and it does not hurt them in the future.

What happened to Summit? Did they lose any players to injury?

 

Summit has a three strike rule and one player was on his third strike..

7th grade State tournament begins tonight at the KBA! I look forward to a great weekend of basketball. Good luck to all of the teams participating.

  • Author
Kids may like to run it up on each other that is fine they are kids but, parents should know better. I would never say it and I would be embarressed if someone else said it. It was one person. The rest of the parents were very gracious. But these are kids and in NO WAY should a parent be acting like that. These kids are already down no reason to kick them too.

 

As far as losing so many players....Summit has lost two to injury and the rest to grades or disipline problems. No matter how much people tell kids they have to keep their grades up or behave some just have to learn the hard way. I just hope they learn the lesson now and it does not hurt them in the future.

 

Sad to hear parents were acting like that at a 7th grade basketball game. Keep it to yourself if you are that worked up but dont make it known because you look like a donkey.

 

Injuries are part of the game as the Birds have learned this season as well so hate to hear that. ON the grades/discipline I totally agree that kids need to be held accountable.

  • Author
7th grade State tournament begins tonight at the KBA! I look forward to a great weekend of basketball. Good luck to all of the teams participating.

 

Cant wait for tonight as the caravan leaves right after school today. Although after looking at all of the 1st round games and brackets I personally think the Highlands boys got maybe the toughest draw. LTMS and then if you lose its Scott Co the next day. Puts a lot of pressure on the Birds to win that first game but I know they are ready and if they use their athleticism and play aggressive they will come out on top. Good luck to all the teams and hope to see some BGP folks down there.

Good luck to everyone competing in the KBA state tourney this weekend. I am very excited about seeing what I feel will be some outstanding basketball!

Hmmm...HoopDR sent me a list. Let me check it, I almost swore it was CCgold. Here is what he sent me and he gets the info straight from NKYMSBL.

 

East: Sharp, CCMS Gold, Holmes, Highlands, Newport, St. Pius

 

West: Summit View, CCMS Purple, Turkeyfoot, Twenhofel, Blessed Sacrament, IHM, Woodland

 

Sharp Middle School will host the Eastern Conference Tournament. Please see the attachment.

 

CCMS will host the Western Conference Tournament.

 

Looks like another trip to Foul Mouth for the Birds. : )

 

Anyone know the seeding?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.