Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middle School Basketball

Featured Replies

Wow, I cant believe Knox Co is out of the tourney. Also, Scott Co defeated a very good Meece ballclub from Somerset just now. Scott Co is my favorite to go to the final four. I dont know if they have the depth though to finish tomorrow compared to some of the other teams. Russell Co. looked very deep with a lot of kids who looked like they could ball. Royal Spring has the Diaw boy who is huge. HopkinsCentral eeked out a win over LTMS and their stud McFarland. Lincoln Co has been handing it to teams as well. Some very good teams left in the tourney.

 

Good Luck to Scott Co. and those boys as they are a very good team.

 

Does the Diaw boy usually play with Royal Springs? I noticed in their conference tourney recently no one really played Scott Co. close except for Madison. Did Madison not have a team in the state tournament?

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the Diaw boy usually play with Royal Springs? I noticed in their conference tourney recently no one really played Scott Co. close except for Madison. Did Madison not have a team in the state tournament?

 

Diaw has played with RSMS all year, SCMS has played RSMS twice this year and SCMS won both by a 20 point average. From what I have heard Madison's 7th is playing in the 8th grade KBA state, I believe they had their district tournament this weekend (they are in a district with area schools Berea, Foley, Madison, Clark Moores, etc...)

Someone help me out, I was trying to think of the 8 teams left for tomorrow, I believe these are the match ups....not sure...

 

Russell County

Royal Spring

 

Scott Middle

Whitley County

 

Mayfield

Lincoln County?

 

Storm

Christian County

  • Author
I didn't mean anything negative about it, I hope you didn't take it that way. I usually just skip over or skim the talk about the Northern Kentucky teams because, being from Somerset, we don't ever play them. I just didn't know if they only had one team or if they had an A and B type team.

 

No worries, only took it that way when I read the immediate post after yours. Its all good, we'd love to play teams like Somerset during the regular season trust me. It seems they have a few nice ballclubs down there in Southern, Meece and Northern. Peace

  • Author
Someone help me out, I was trying to think of the 8 teams left for tomorrow, I believe these are the match ups....not sure...

 

Russell County

Royal Spring

 

Scott Middle

Whitley County

 

Mayfield

Lincoln County?

 

Storm

Christian County

 

Close, count Wayne Co in there vs. Scott Middle and not Whitley. South Laurel knocked Whitley Co. out.

 

I think you have the rest correct and I am guessing the Storm are Hopkins Central.

Close, count Wayne Co in there vs. Scott Middle and not Whitley. South Laurel knocked Whitley Co. out.

 

I think you have the rest correct and I am guessing the Storm are Hopkins Central.

 

That was a typo...my bad, trust me, I know SC plays Wayne tomorrow.....I got to see the Wayne Co/South Laurel game upclose and personal! Hopefully SCMS can stop the #54 train of Wayne in the morning!:fight:

I think the winner of the Scott Co. - Wayne Co. game will win the tournament, although Mayfield has looked pretty good in the opposite bracket. Wayne Co made a nice run at the end to defeat South Laurel. South Laurel had won the two regular season games with Wayne but couldnt pull off the W tonight. Very difficult to beat a good team three times in a season and even more so with Sanders and Barnett sidelined.

Scott Co. looked very impressive today but I believe Wayne Co can win this game. #54 for Wayne is a horse and the officials at the KBA seem to really let it play very physical on both ends. If that is the case tomorrow then that will help Wayne Co.

I think the winner of the Scott Co. - Wayne Co. game will win the tournament, although Mayfield has looked pretty good in the opposite bracket. Wayne Co made a nice run at the end to defeat South Laurel. South Laurel had won the two regular season games with Wayne but couldnt pull off the W tonight. Very difficult to beat a good team three times in a season and even more so with Sanders and Barnett sidelined.

Scott Co. looked very impressive today but I believe Wayne Co can win this game. #54 for Wayne is a horse and the officials at the KBA seem to really let it play very physical on both ends. If that is the case tomorrow then that will help Wayne Co.

 

I would like to have seen how this Tourney would have played out with Sanders and Barnett playing.

Yep, its funny that NKY's only representation in the State Tournament was Highlands. Pendelton Co was the only other school in the tourney within 50 minutes and just want to say nicejob down there knocking off Spencer Co last night.

 

Also nice to meet you SHS, you all have a very nice ballclub and I hope you all finish strong.

 

I agree with you -- it is odd that there are only two teams from Northern KY. My son's school sits back and wonders why they have problems with competing with our area. Problem is IMO they don't play in enough leagues during the season like other schools do. IMO -- the High School coaching staff never attends any games to encourage the boys. Actually -- I have seen the freshmen coach at a few games and several of the freshmen players stop in. But -- overall they should play in more leagues -- like for example -- the Dayton league or I believe the Kenton County schools have a league. IMO -- if the higher ups (high school coaches) are not going to take an interest then don't sit back and wonder why a kid wants to transfer to build a future. I will give credit to the middle school coaches and the boys athletic director -- they do watch the grades and discipline and take the necessary actions. Sorry to go on and on about this but it does get under your skin when things could better and more competitive.

The AAU level of compitition raises your level of play... almost without fail, the top teams in the middle school division play a significant amount of AAU summer basketball, either together or on other teams. It is a different level of play and it is much more physical and intense with constant on ball pressure. I think it is the intensity level at which the games are played that make a big difference in a team's rate of improvement.

 

Almost all middle school teams are missing a piece to the puzzle, while an AAU team can go get the piece they need. We have always been a slightly better than average AAU team but we had an excellent middle school team. Good middle school teams are made in the summer... not in the fall and winter.

Scott Co- Defeated Wayne Co in OT.

Russell Co.

Lincoln County

Christain County

 

I hope it's a Russell/ Lincoln final but look for Scott Co to defeat Christain Co in the championship game.

  • Author

Wow, Scott Co has really played big coming off a tough week in their own conference tourney. I didnt get a chance to see Wayne Co down there but if they knocked off SL then they must be pretty good. Scott Co. has a great one/two punch in Richardson and Portwood and then if you take those two guys away like Highlands tried to they will bury you with 3's like Page and I believe it was Downey did on Saturday. I think combined they hit 11 or 12 3 pters in the game vs. the Birds. No rim, just net.

 

Chrisitan Co. must be pretty good to thump Hopkins like they did this morning. I think it will be Scott Co and Christian Co in the final although Russell Co is very deep and they may wear the Cardinals down.

I would like to have seen how this Tourney would have played out with Sanders and Barnett playing.

 

I really do wish that South Laurel would have been at full strength...........After watching all of these teams, I have no doubt that South Laurel would have won this tournament...........but then again I am a little bit bias, ;)

I wish PC would of been full strength also.

They were missing a key player on Saturday against McNabb.

  • Author

Not sure if having Turner (starter) and Whitford (6th man) who were both throwing up on Friday for Highlands would have mattered against Scott Co. They were lighting it up from downtown. IF they win this tournament with basically 5/6 nice players they should definitely be commended.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.