Good news from Iraq

SPORTS MAN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last month or so we have started to see more good news come out of Iraq. This will all be challenged this week when Petraeus report will get beaten up by the Democratic Senators. They are already labelling it 'Bush's Report' even though they chose Petraeus for his honesty and conviction of coming up with a fair assessment...

The last month or so we have started to see more good news come out of Iraq. This will all be challenged this week when Petraeus report will get beaten up by the Democratic Senators. They are already labelling it 'Bush's Report' even though they chose Petraeus for his honesty and conviction of coming up with a fair assessment...

The Democrats don't change the news I hear in Iraq. Nor do the reports Generals give. Hopefully they can leave politics aside so that we can concentrate on moving foward.

The Democrats don't change the news i hear in Iraq. Nor do the reports Generals give. Hopefully they can leave politics aside so that we can concentrate on moving foward.

Doubtful....

Unfortunately, media trumps reality. Just ask those troops from Vietnam, especially the ones that stopped the NVA during the Tet offensive.

Amen.

Unfortunately, media trumps reality. Just ask those troops from Vietnam, especially the ones that stopped the NVA during the Tet offensive.

For me I don't have to wory about the media interferring with my perception of reality at all. Up until today I didn't have much access to the media. Some but not as much as most of you. As far as reality....well I am smacked in the face by it on a daily basis.

So, you're saying that reduced attacks and 40 IED's make up for all those killed in this "war?"

Wow, over 70,000 people dead and all I got were these lousy IED's.....

There is no good news from Iraq.

Nope i didn't say anything about it making up for anything. I just reported a positive. And those lousy IED's are the most dangerous thing in Iraq right now. And that was 40 IEDs in one week by one Company. If you don't think that is a good thing than obviously you don't know as much as you think about the situation in Iraq.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that is this good news in an overall sense? Yes, it is good that they have found something, I suppose that is progress. But is this war really necessary and can we ever put an end to it?

When we do put an end to it, will it actually solve a problem or will some fascist regime just take it back over?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that is this good news in an overall sense? Yes, it is good that they have found something, I suppose that is progress. But is this war really necessary and can we ever put an end to it?

When we do put an end to it, will it actually solve a problem or will some fascist regime just take it back over?

An end will come when they quit killing each other. It will end when Iraqi's can leave their homes to go to work without the fear of hitting an IED. When they feel safe enough to rebuild their economy and infrastructure. This is my second tour in Iraq. I'm sitting in Ramadi now and havn't seen much if anything rebuilt since my first deployment. We have to make it safe enough for Iraqs people to began life again.

An end will come when they quit killing each other. It will end when Iraqi's can leave their homes to go to work without the fear of hitting an IED. When they feel safe enough to rebuild their economy and infrastructure. This is my second tour in Iraq. I'm sitting in Ramadi now and havn't seen much if anything rebuilt since my first deployment. We have to make it safe enough for Iraqs people to began life again.

First, I want to tell you that I admire your service in Iraq.

Secondly, they won't stop killing each other until they resolve their religious/political differences. And that's not happening anytime soon. The insurgents MAY be forced out of Iraq, but the fact that the Sunni's and the Shiate's (sp? on both) each want the control of the government isn't going to end quickly, nor peacefully. The difficulties in establishing a stablized government in Iarq is huge, because their idea of government isn't going to be a democracy in the American model. It's, at best, going to be a representative theocracy.

Thirdly, I feel we shouldn't have gone there in the first place. But I don't want us to leave now anytime soon. "We broke it, we bought it", is how I feel. If we leave, the killing will increase, not only by the insurgents but by the factional in-fighting.

We'd better face being there for decades, IMO.