Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Renderings of the Arena in Louisville...

Featured Replies

Very impressive looking. When can we expect to see some renderings of what the inside will look like?

 

Sorry, I don't have any renderings just yet, but I do have some really interesting technical specs from a recent presentation on the interior design. It's something like a 17-megabyte pdf, so it'll move slowly.

 

Seating and Sight Lines at Louisville Arena

 

There is a 3D video presentation of the interior somewhere out there, but that's probably more than a year old now and the concept has changed somewhat.

 

The Arena Authority Web site has a slideshow of those renderings and some others on its front page:

Louisville Arena Authority

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This site is so funny, I didnt say anything about UK-UofL getting anything. I said Frankfort... don't get me wrong I'm for bringing up the colleges. It's just that there are other cities that could use some of them millions not just Lexington and Louisville.

 

(Blue blockers) where are they getting this from...:lol:

I hate UK, and I'm not small.

 

Not talking about weight. ;)

#1:

What is this? An arena for mice? It at least has to be 3 times bigger than that!:D

I can see Louisville trying to get back in the rotation for the state tournament.

This site is so funny, I didnt say anything about UK-UofL getting anything. I said Frankfort... don't get me wrong I'm for bringing up the colleges. It's just that there are other cities that could use some of them millions not just Lexington and Louisville.

 

(Blue blockers) where are they getting this from...:lol:

I think the majority of us answered you, and not about U of L UK or blue blockers. The vast majority of the state's money comes from Louisville and Lexington and the city of Louisville doesn't get back near what it puts out. Most of State government funds go toward education, that is the biggest chunk of state funding, the rest go to things like state agencies, transportation, law enforcement, housing, National Guard and entitlement programs. The local government is usually responsible for zoning and encouraging growth of the kind you would like to see in Frankfort. But remember that many communities in Kentucky have a sense of pride in staying small and rural, and many fight growth like malls and outlets in favor of keeping local charm.

 

But generally the state will not pay for building projects. This Arena is a good example, the state is not paying for it, the City of Louisville is forming a special tax district with permission from the state. That means that we had to ask the State for permission to raise our own funding and pay for it ourselves. If you want a mall in Frankfort that is not the State's responsibility, private companies have to be lured there by your population base and your local government officials. It is not something that the State will normally get involved in. So basically if you don't want to drive to Lexington or Louisville then you will have to get public interest in Frankfort in a mall and then make it happen. Hope that helps.:thumb:

The front looks nice. The view from the river isn't that great. Sort of looks boxy.

 

I agree. I like the way it looks in the front. It is extremely nice. I even kinda like the curved roof, but the river side is pretty ugly. Oh well, I bet the inside will be unbelievable. Look forward to watching the cats play the cards from there one day.

What is this? An arena for mice? It at least has to be 3 times bigger than that!:D

 

 

Very nice reference!!!:ylsuper:

Somebody made a great point in this thread...while the project would obviously be great for Louisville and the state of Kentucky, it would be good for UK as well...maybe they could get NCAA tourney games in their home state like UNC and Duke seem to every year...

 

Some friends of mine, connected to U of L say the plans for this arena were held up a couple of times, and revised, due to negotiations with the NCAA regarding the hosting of regionals and potentialy a Final Four!! The "power-to-be" in the 'Ville wanted to make sure the new arena would comply with the criteria to host the "Big Ones"!!

I like the look except for the red cardinal on the building...;)

 

However, as a business owner in the state of KY I hope they use as many local contractors and businesses as possible. I am tired of our tax money going out side of our state to Ca. and NY...

What is this? An arena for mice? It at least has to be 3 times bigger than that!:D

 

:laugh:

 

"He's absolutely right!"

Pretty nice arena... The more I look at it, the more I like it. Had I posted when RP originally started this thread, I would probably have said I thought it was extremely ugly, because I did.

I think the majority of us answered you, and not about U of L UK or blue blockers. The vast majority of the state's money comes from Louisville and Lexington and the city of Louisville doesn't get back near what it puts out. Most of State government funds go toward education, that is the biggest chunk of state funding, the rest go to things like state agencies, transportation, law enforcement, housing, National Guard and entitlement programs. The local government is usually responsible for zoning and encouraging growth of the kind you would like to see in Frankfort. But remember that many communities in Kentucky have a sense of pride in staying small and rural, and many fight growth like malls and outlets in favor of keeping local charm.

 

But generally the state will not pay for building projects. This Arena is a good example, the state is not paying for it, the City of Louisville is forming a special tax district with permission from the state. That means that we had to ask the State for permission to raise our own funding and pay for it ourselves. If you want a mall in Frankfort that is not the State's responsibility, private companies have to be lured there by your population base and your local government officials. It is not something that the State will normally get involved in. So basically if you don't want to drive to Lexington or Louisville then you will have to get public interest in Frankfort in a mall and then make it happen. Hope that helps.:thumb:

 

Thanks... Very well put.:thumb:

The vast majority of the state's money comes from Louisville and Lexington

You forgot 1/3 of that statement...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.