Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Renderings of the Arena in Louisville...

Featured Replies

Any chance the new arena would attract more looks from The League?

 

I doubt it. There are bigger issues than the arena that would need to be worked out for that to happen.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt it. There are bigger issues than the arena that would need to be worked out for that to happen.

 

I'm dying for a major pro sports team to come to Kentucky.

I'm dying for a major pro sports team to come to Kentucky.

 

Me too...it would be huge beyond belief...

 

And since the team would have to be in Louisville to succeed, I am all for the biggest and best arena they can build, as long as the price is right and the numbers work...

  • Author

I am not a big basketball fan of either, though I will root for U of L to win virtually every game they play. With that, I hope UK gets a new arena too, it just makes our state as a whole that much more attractive....I am all for it. Personally I would like to see UK revamp Commonwealth.

I'm for UK. I'm for UL. I'm for the Commonwealth. Therefore, I'm not intending to be too critical but the rendering in the first post of this thread makes the new arena look like an old fax machine. The good news is that probably only pigeons will see it from that perspective.

And why is all this money goin to Louisville.... Frankfort need a mall or some shopping center... I hate goin to lexington or louisville to shop...

 

 

Great building though...

Usually developers will build those with private funds when the market warrants it. Not to mention Louisville is providing the funding with a tax district. No worries, the state will never spend a penny in Louisville that did not start from there to begin with.
I'm dying for a major pro sports team to come to Kentucky.
It will never happen, and this thread is a good example of why. Louisville is the only population base that could do it, but the state will not support a Louisville team and Louisville alone is not going to be a big enough market. NKY has Cincy sports, so they will not support a Louisville team and Lexington is too small a market. It is sad too because most states support their largest city, Indy for example seems to be a source of pride for most Hoosiers, but outside Louisville most people hate too see anything positive, or one dime spent in Kentucky's big city. If that changes, then sky is the limit.
It will never happen, and this thread is a good example of why. Louisville is the only population base that could do it, but the state will not support a Louisville team and Louisville alone is not going to be a big enough market. NKY has Cincy sports, so they will not support a Louisville team and Lexington is too small a market. It is sad too because most states support their largest city, Indy for example seems to be a source of pride for most Hoosiers, but outside Louisville most people hate too see anything positive, or one dime spent in Kentucky's big city.

 

I agree with you on most points, but I really think Louisville is just as suited as Indy is in terms of fan base. If you get up into the South Bend, Ft. Wayne, Gary, Valparaiso area of the state, most of the population there are Chicago sports fans. I really think that if a pro basketball team (and I say pro basketball because Kentucky isn't suited for any other pro sport) were to come to Louisville, it would be embraced by the state.

  • Author
It will never happen, and this thread is a good example of why. Louisville is the only population base that could do it, but the state will not support a Louisville team and Louisville alone is not going to be a big enough market. NKY has Cincy sports, so they will not support a Louisville team and Lexington is too small a market. It is sad too because most states support their largest city, Indy for example seems to be a source of pride for most Hoosiers, but outside Louisville most people hate too see anything positive, or one dime spent in Kentucky's big city. If that changes, then sky is the limit.

Truly an excellent post, and while it isn't the case for all, it certainly appears to be the case for the majority. While I wish the bulk of NKY would support KY in their desires for a pro team, I understand the natural element of supporting a close neighbor.

  • Author

For what it's worth, I think the ONLY pro sport (major sport) that this state could sustain is Football. Think about it 10 home games, all on a weekend (2 being pre-season), not really competing with the college, there are natural rivalries, right here in our region (St. Louis, Indy, Tennessee, and Cincy), and this state is primed to become all about football, and yet not still compete with college basketball.

I agree with you on most points, but I really think Louisville is just as suited as Indy is in terms of fan base. If you get up into the South Bend, Ft. Wayne, Gary, Valparaiso area of the state, most of the population there are Chicago sports fans. I really think that if a pro basketball team (and I say pro basketball because Kentucky isn't suited for any other pro sport) were to come to Louisville, it would be embraced by the state.
I think that the deal with this Arena will prevent NBA involvement because U of L will own the suites. I think Louisville, like Indy would be fine if one or two regions of the state supported other cities, like nky to Cincy or Bowling Green to Nashville. I think it is safe to say Louisville could count on support from fans in Nelson, Hardin, Shelby, Bullitt and Oldham Counties, but Louisville would also have to have the more questionable support of the Lexington/Frankfort/Scott area, Owensboro, and Southern Indiana, to pull enough market.
I think that the deal with this Arena will prevent NBA involvement because U of L will own the suites. I think Louisville, like Indy would be fine if one or two regions of the state supported other cities, like nky to Cincy or Bowling Green to Nashville. I think it is safe to say Louisville could count on support from fans in Nelson, Hardin, Shelby, Bullitt and Oldham Counties, but Louisville would also have to have the more questionable support of the Lexington/Frankfort/Scott area, Owensboro, and Southern Indiana, to pull enough market.

 

I know I'm only one person, but Louisville could count on my support if they landed a pro team.

Whatever...hope you get over your hatred of UK...life's too short, and it makes you look small...

 

Good luck to you.

I hate UK, and I'm not small.

Very impressive looking. When can we expect to see some renderings of what the inside will look like? Will Pitino stick around long enough to coach a game in the new arena? I know the court will be called Denny Crum Court, but do they have a name for the arena?

Very impressive looking. When can we expect to see some renderings of what the inside will look like? Will Pitino stick around long enough to coach a game in the new arena? I know the court will be called Denny Crum Court, but do they have a name for the arena?
Pitino seems to talk like he is planning on it. I would not be shocked that if Richard Pitino (his son) does well as an assistant that Rick may not stay on longer then we all thought he would not only for himself but to establish his son.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.