August 21, 200719 yr Begin building Summer '08. Begin playing 2010. Good deal. I'm sure Louisville will begin trying to get NCAA Tournament games as well, which could be very beneficial for UK.
August 21, 200719 yr Looks like a nice place to play ball. A new arena always helps a coach out with recruiting.
August 21, 200719 yr And Rupp Arena is beautiful.... :rolleyes: Rupp looks a lot better after the recent improvments they've made to it. I will agree that the front of the "Downtown Arena" looks better than Rupp. I just don't like the riverside of it. I really does look like a VCR. I like the idea of big windows, but I don't like the execution of it in this rendering.
August 21, 200719 yr UKPat02 is always a little wierd. That place looks nice. Hopefully UK can get some loving like Duke/UNC in the tourney now.
August 21, 200719 yr And why is all this money goin to Louisville.... Frankfort need a mall or some shopping center... I hate goin to lexington or louisville to shop... Great building though...
August 21, 200719 yr And why is all this money goin to Louisville.... Frankfort need a mall or some shopping center... I hate goin to lexington or louisville to shop... Because they need a new arena...
August 21, 200719 yr Some of you will love this quote: :lol: Gov. Ernie Fletcher, who appointed an arena task force in 2005 to determine where to locate the arena, said he expects its plaza to draw crowds and help establish the complex as a major gathering place. "This will truly be Kentucky's Times Square and Rockefeller Center," Fletcher said. As far as financing: The $252 million arena is the centerpiece of a $371 million project that includes acquiring land and building a floodwall and parking garage on the site. About $342 million in bonds to be issued later this year would cover construction, which is expected to start next summer, Louisville Arena Authority Chairman Jim Host said yesterday. Total debt service is expected to be $537 million over three decades. The debt would be paid through the city's commitment of at least $206 million over 30 years; $265 million from a tax-increment financing district; $179 million from advertising rights inside the arena; $63 million from luxury box sales; and at least $37 million from naming rights. As far as Louisville "getting" money, we really aren't having it handed to us.
August 21, 200719 yr That might be the best college basketball arena in the country when it's done, very nice!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.