Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Renderings of the Arena in Louisville...

Featured Replies

Some of you will love this quote: :lol:

 

:lol: :lol: :thumb:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because they need a new arena...:rolleyes:

 

I'm pretty sure the could give that money to something else more productive...:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the could give that money to something else more productive...:rolleyes:

 

Suggestions?

 

 

And, do you feel the same way about UK's new practice facility?

Is it going to be called the downtown arena or is there a major sponsor buying the naming rights?

Is it going to be called the downtown arena or is there a major sponsor buying the naming rights?

 

Naming rights are going to be sold.

Suggestions?

 

 

And, do you feel the same way about UK's new practice facility?

You won't get an answer on this one.
Suggestions?

 

 

And, do you feel the same way about UK's new practice facility?

 

UK's new practice facility came from private donations...

And why is all this money goin to Louisville...

Because we pay for it. Take a look at how much money goes to Frankfort from Louisville and how much returns to Louisville. Good luck.

Because we pay for it. Take a look at how much money goes to Frankfort from Louisville and how much returns to Louisville. Good luck.

 

People in Louisville don't pay any more taxes than people in Lexington. I'm all for the arena, I'm sure now Lexington will build a new one as well. $252MM sounds awful high though, and the advertising numbers sound high too. There will be a lot of debate...

People in Louisville don't pay any more taxes than people in Lexington. I'm all for the arena, I'm sure now Lexington will build a new one as well. $252MM sounds awful high though, and the advertising numbers sound high too. There will be a lot of debate...

billyrayjoebob,

 

1. How many people are there in Louisville?

 

2. How many people are there in Lexington?

 

3. Which city sends more money to Frankfort?

Dollar for dollar Jefferson County sends more to and gets less back from Frankfort then any other county in Kentucky.

 

The last figure I heard (and I may be wrong so feel free to correct me) was that for every dollar in taxes sent from Jefferson County, 27 cents comes back. I also heard that Fayette County is almost even in what goes out and what comes back, including recent improvements ro Rupp Arena (which the state doesn't even own)

billyrayjoebob,

 

1. How many people are there in Louisville?

 

2. How many people are there in Lexington?

 

3. Which city sends more money to Frankfort?

 

You forgot #4: Which city does Frankfort already send the most money to???

and maybe #5: Which university has BY FAR the biggest fan base???

 

Again, I am all for the new arena, if the numbers work. And again, Lexington will build a new one in short order after Louisville does...

Dollar for dollar Jefferson County sends more to and gets less back from Frankfort then any other county in Kentucky.

 

The last figure I heard (and I may be wrong so feel free to correct me) was that for every dollar in taxes sent from Jefferson County, 27 cents comes back. I also heard that Fayette County is almost even in what goes out and what comes back, including recent improvements ro Rupp Arena (which the state doesn't even own)

 

Link??? I'm trying to say in the nicest possible way, I am, um, skeptical...

You forgot #4: Which city does Frankfort already send the most money to???

and maybe #5: Which university has BY FAR the biggest fan base???

 

Again, I am all for the new arena, if the numbers work. And again, Lexington will build a new one in short order after Louisville does...

My fault. I thought you said

 

People in Louisville don't pay any more taxes than people in Lexington.

 

Sorry, I must have misread your original post. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.