Conner vs Dixie scrimmage Friday 8:00am

Cgrrrblu

....at Dixie.....due to the heat, it was moved to 8:00 am instead of 9:00

.............haven't seen much about Conner posted on here so far, I have only been to a few practices due to work, but I have heard that the boys..... if nothing else.... should be in great shape. Anyone have any other views?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure but I think Dixie doesn't do double sessions.

Man that's odd!!! Especially Tom coaching under Duffy at one time. Heck, they had triples when Duffy was at Highlands. I guess Tom didn't buy into Duffy's program. How does Dixie do thier scrimmages. Is it the typical 10 and 10 format

Isn't their a rule that if you do two-a-days that one of the practices is to be done with out contact?

Reading he rule, if I understand it correctly, if a team does a two-a-day in pads, the next day they cannot practice in pads.

Sec. 5) Sports Specific Limitations -

Football - Boys

1) Organized non-contact practice shall not begin prior

to July 15. During this non-contact period, a helmet,

shoulder pads and shoes are the only football equipment

that may be worn. The first date of practice in full

pads shall be the earlier of seven (7) week days (not

counting Saturdays and Sundays) prior to the opening

day of school (which shall be defined as the day prior to

the classes starting for the student body) or August 1

but under no circumstances can be prior to the fourth

Friday before the first regular season playing date. After

contact practice (practice in pads) has begun and prior

to the first day of classes for the students, no school

may conduct multiple on-field practice sessions in pads

(e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) on consecutive days

(e.g., two-one two-one format). After the opening day of

the school year, no school may conduct multiple on-field

practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-adays)

on a day in which school is in session. All schools

shall submit all required documentation to verify the

proper execution of the practice regulations, including

scrimmage, contact, and heat/safety regulations and

recommendations.

http://www.khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw25bysport/bl25fb.pdf

Man that's odd!!! Especially Tom coaching under Duffy at one time. Heck, they had triples when Duffy was at Highlands. I guess Tom didn't buy into Duffy's program. How does Dixie do thier scrimmages. Is it the typical 10 and 10 format

I belieive that Dixie hasn't done the traditional two-a-days for a couple of years.

I belieive that Dixie hasn't done the traditional two-a-days for a couple of years.

I guess Tom is just happy being 3, 4, or maybe the 5th in the district. I don't understand how he can get his team ready for the season by practicing once a day.

I guess Tom is just happy being 3, 4, or maybe the 5th in the district. I don't understand how he can get his team ready for the season by practicing once a day.

Before you knock Coach Spritzky, you might want to familiarize yourself with the program since he has taken over, and since 2-a-days were eliminated. If you check their history since eliminating 2-a-days, the only thing it could possibly account to is a slow start. As far as district play goes, they're always in the hunt to be #1.

Before you knock Coach Spritzky, you might want to familiarize yourself with the program since he has taken over, and since 2-a-days were eliminated. If you check their history since eliminating 2-a-days, the only thing it could possibly account to is a slow start. As far as district play goes, they're always in the hunt to be #1.

Save your breath nees. We're in the land of the haters. People who ignore the big picture in order to make a dig at someone else. We Beat CCH how many times in the last few years WITHOUT the help of two a days, and if I'm not mistaken they are the reigning champs from last season not the BIRDS.