Conner vs Dixie scrimmage Friday 8:00am

Cgrrrblu

Before you knock Coach Spritzky, you might want to familiarize yourself with the program since he has taken over, and since 2-a-days were eliminated. If you check their history since eliminating 2-a-days, the only thing it could possibly account to is a slow start. As far as district play goes, they're always in the hunt to be #1.

Yep thats it, a slow start and in the hunt which gets you no where!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Save your breath nees. We're in the land of the haters. People who ignore the big picture in order to make a dig at someone else. We Beat CCH how many times in the last few years WITHOUT the help of two a days, and if I'm not mistaken they are the reigning champs from last season not the BIRDS.

That really puts you on top!

SM - without commenting on the plus/minus of 2days, Dixie and Coach Tom need to show that they can beat the "big boys" in without the graduating class of 2005. This year's team has that opportunity. However, Dixie cannot simply wait on special classes to come along periodically to get that last level of respect .

SM - without commenting on the plus/minus of 2days, Dixie and Coach Tom need to show that they can beat the "big boys" in without the graduating class of 2005. This year's team has that opportunity. However, Dixie cannot simply wait on special classes to come along periodically to get that last level of respect .

Says you. I happen to think that HHS and CCH are sadly mistaken if they think that we have not progressed since we last played each other during the playoffs in 3A.

So what we start slow, it's how you finish that is important isn't it?

We have the best team in 5A this season and if the kids on our team figure that out before they let someone get in their heads, we might just see a new pecking order develop.

Say what you will, but 5A is a hole knew ball game. Will the second verse be just like the first? That remains to be seen, but don't call CCH and HHS the big boys as if we've never faced a quality opponent since the stone age.

If the Birds and Blue Colonels are so superior to lowly old Dixie than they why didn't they jump up to the next bracket and play Trinity and X each year. Answer, because they would get shut out more times than not if they had to play against the teams that up until this season we did.

Have a nice day, I gotta get back to the game.:D

However, Dixie cannot simply wait on special classes to come along periodically to get that last level of respect .

No-one is going to argue this point. However, 2-a-days, which SEABASS is arguing about has nothing to do with this, which you somewhat alluded to. Until Spritzky got to Dixie, their football program was obsolete. He has done wonders for the program, and the school. However, he's fighting against programs with an established tradition like CovCath, Beechwood, and Highlands. Granted, within district, it's just CovCath, but you and I both know people move to certain locations specifically for the high school's football program. With the addition of the Turkeryfoot teams, it's certainly a building block for Dixie's program as they finally have a true feeder system where they can teach their brand of football. Before, they were getting kids from the Raiders, Spartans, Lions, etc. Not only has Highlands established a great tradition, but they have the benefit of their Ft. Thomas pee-wee system. Granted, they lose some to New Cath, but it's still a great thing for the high school program. I really think in a couple years, we'll start seeing Dixie benefit from the Turkeyfoot teams.

Says you. I happen to think that HHS and CCH are sadly mistaken if they think that we have not progressed since we last played each other during the playoffs in 3A.

.:D

How can you post with that giant chip on your shoulder?

You completely missed my point. No one says Dixie is not a strong team nor are we saying they have not "progressed." They're a tough out year in year out.

For the record, my preseason rankings in NKY 5A have Dixie #2. However, back to my point, these special classes (08 senior class and 05 senior class) are too few and far between to put Dixie in with the teams that don't wait 3 years for another special class to come through (and this year's class still has to prove they're with the 05 seniors ).

To insinuate that HHS and/or CCH somehow run from bigger schools is a backslapper to say the least.

No-one is going to argue this point. However, 2-a-days, which SEABASS is arguing about has nothing to do with this, which you somewhat alluded to. Until Spritzky got to Dixie, their football program was obsolete. He has done wonders for the program, and the school. .

I'm a Coach Tom fan.

So what we start slow, it's how you finish that is important isn't it?

We have the best team in 5A this season and if the kids on our team figure that out before they let someone get in their heads, we might just see a new pecking order develop.

Say what you will, but 5A is a hole knew ball game. Will the second verse be just like the first? That remains to be seen, but don't call CCH and HHS the big boys as if we've never faced a quality opponent since the stone age.

If the Birds and Blue Colonels are so superior to lowly old Dixie than they why didn't they jump up to the next bracket and play Trinity and X each year. Answer, because they would get shut out more times than not if they had to play against the teams that up until this season we did.

Have a nice day, I gotta get back to the game.:D

You need to check your facts.. I think HHS has already jumped up two classes this year...It will be hilarious when Beechwood puts the smack down on the red colonels in week one...Then maybe you'll go away....:dancingpa

You need to check your facts.. I think HHS has already jumped up two classes this year...It will be hilarious when Beechwood puts the smack down on the red colonels in week one...Then maybe you'll go away....:dancingpa

And you need to check yours, we dropped down one with the invention of 6A. Whether or not we beat CCH, Beechwood or HHS in the regular season is irrelevant. But whether or not we beat them in the playoffs is.:ylsuper:

It's gonna be a fun year! Now drink some more Hatoraide and think of a good response to my post.:p

According to the first post, Dixie.

The scrimmage is at Dixie at 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. We will only be scrimmaging once, so I'm sure all those teams that will be scrimmaging twice tomorrow will get much more out of theirs.:D

I wonder, do the BIG BOYS scrimmage for just two hours or do they go for four?

I have an inquiring mind that wants to know. :laugh: