After 9 seasons of helping, I'm...

prepnut

Gettin back into the stands & just watch! Since 98, i have been a volunteer helper for Henderson Co's football team & with being a mail carrier, it was tuff getting my day job done & making it there, especially away games. I would try & get there by 4:30pm, go thru the players equipment & spot & fix any problems b4 the game started along with a myriad of other things to do.Im gonna miss the sideline crew as much as the game itself. Some fine folks on the sideline there at Henderson, from Poncho to Tim Barron(best trainer in state) & the cast of alum that gather there. Im proud to be considered an alum too. Does anyone else on here help thier local high school?

Prepnut, somehow I just can't imagine you being in the stands and not wanting to be out there helping your Kids out. I know that over 9 years you have created a dependency upon helping your program. Unless your health is the reason for your leaving, I see you missing the Kids, friends, alumni, ect...Good luck...:thumb:

Prepnut, somehow I just can't imagine you being in the stands and not wanting to be out there helping your Kids out. I know that over 9 years you have created a dependency upon helping your program. Unless your health is the reason for your leaving, I see you missing the Kids, friends, alumni, ect...Good luck...:thumb:

I know it will be awkward for sure. Im gettin older(49) & packin mail all day is wearing me down. By the time i would drag home on game nite, it would be 11pm, & that was home games. Much later on road trips that increasingly my job caused me to miss a few games each year the past 4 seasons. Anyway, i kno it won't be easy, i have many alum friends on the sideline. I was gonna hang it up last season, but the Owens tradgedy compelled me to go back out & help. Now u got me missin it, dang you:p :D

Prepnut, 49 is not old. We all find ourselves busier during football season, and loving it. If I made you to go as far as "dang" me over my last post, then you are going to " double dang " me over what I got to say next. Those Kids need you there for more than equipment repair. They need you there for stability. If I am not badly mistaken, you all have a new Head Coach and probably new assistants. If you are going to be in the bleachers, then you should put your hiney right back down ther on the field. You and the Kids all need that...:cry: :thumb: :walk: