Looking for a new job...

halfback20

I can guarantee you there will be a lot of students in your shoes in about a month when school starts at EKU. The choices are going to be more and more limited the longer you wait.

HB20, If you could be a little more specific in what you are looking for then I could help.....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guarantee you there will be a lot of students in your shoes in about a month when school starts at EKU. The choices are going to be more and more limited the longer you wait.

HB20, If you could be a little more specific in what you are looking for then I could help.....

Something that will work around my school schedule. I'm tired of working my school schedule around work. I have only 3 semesters left, so I want to finish school ASAP. I would like to do something like working a desk at a hotel, working at a GYM (I'm going to apply at the Fitness Center on campus) or something like that. I would also be open to a Security job (like someone mentioned before) or maybe something like selling cell phones. I have worked at a Cellular One store in my past (although it wasn't for very long). Blockbuster wouldn't bother me either, or some other movie store.

BTW, I will be going around this week and putting in applications. The main reason I opened this thread is to see if anyone knew someone, or actually owned a place around here that was hiring. I hear it's easier to get a job if you know someone :lol:. As a matter of fact, the only way I've ever gotten a job is by knowing someone already working there.

I'm mainly not interested in working at Wal-Mart, or any fast food restaurants.

Quit whining. If Richmond to Lexington is the l0ongest commute you have, consider yourself lucky. I used to drive from Greenup to Lexington every day. Suck it up and do your job. If it were easy, girls would it it.

:flame: :flame:

Something that will work around my school schedule. I'm tired of working my school schedule around work. I have only 3 semesters left, so I want to finish school ASAP. I would like to do something like working a desk at a hotel, working at a GYM (I'm going to apply at the Fitness Center on campus) or something like that. I would also be open to a Security job (like someone mentioned before) or maybe something like selling cell phones. I have worked at a Cellular One store in my past (although it wasn't for very long). Blockbuster wouldn't bother me either, or some other movie store.

BTW, I will be going around this week and putting in applications. The main reason I opened this thread is to see if anyone knew someone, or actually owned a place around here that was hiring. I hear it's easier to get a job if you know someone :lol:. As a matter of fact, the only way I've ever gotten a job is by knowing someone already working there.

I'm mainly not interested in working at Wal-Mart, or any fast food restaurants.

Why don't you go the work study route? You could then do your homework at work plus get paid for it. That would give you more free time, get your homework done and have a little spending money. If you're old enough you can also get food stamps which will put you WAY up in the plus cash wise! You will eat like a king for a college student. If anybody deserves food stamps it's college kids that are about too finish their degree and have worked their tail off!

Why don't you go the work study route? You could then do your homework at work plus get paid for it. That would give you more free time, get your homework done and have a little spending money. If you're old enough you can also get food stamps which will put you WAY up in the plus cash wise! You will eat like a king for a college student. If anybody deserves food stamps it's college kids that are about too finish their degree and have worked their tail off!

I'm 21. Would that mean I'm eligible for Food stamps? Not sure if I'd take them regardless...

What is work study exactly? I've heard a little about it, but not much.

I'm pretty sure you are eligable if you have a work study. I can't remember if it's Federal or Institutional though. One of them qualifies you for food stamps and one doesn't. I know in college my girlfriend and her roomate both got them. They got like $400 a month! That's a lot for a college student to eat on! I wouldn't blink when it comes to taking them. You have earned them and it's not like you plan on being on them for life. You are working + going to school to try to be a hard working citizen one day. People like you are the folks that deserve them right now in your life IMO.

The work study is a job on Campus. You only work like 15 hours a week or so. There are tons of those jobs. It can be anywhere from working at the gym on campus, working pud jobs for the university, peer tutoring for incoming Freshmen (I did that and it was really rewarding), computer lab jobs etc. There are a bunch of them. I'd go to the financial aid office to check it out. They usually have jobs that will let you do your homework while you are working as much as possible. Working front desks in the dorms is another one. It's a great way to meet people, get work done, get paid etc.

Good luck brother!

I'm pretty sure you are eligable if you have a work study. I can't remember if it's Federal or Institutional though. One of them qualifies you for food stamps and one doesn't. I know in college my girlfriend and her roomate both got them. They got like $400 a month! That's a lot for a college student to eat on! I wouldn't blink when it comes to taking them. You have earned them and it's not like you plan on being on them for life. You are working + going to school to try to be a hard working citizen one day. People like you are the folks that deserve them right now in your life IMO.

The work study is a job on Campus. You only work like 15 hours a week or so. There are tons of those jobs. It can be anywhere from working at the gym on campus, working pud jobs for the university, peer tutoring for incoming Freshmen (I did that and it was really rewarding), computer lab jobs etc. There are a bunch of them. I'd go to the financial aid office to check it out. They usually have jobs that will let you do your homework while you are working as much as possible. Working front desks in the dorms is another one. It's a great way to meet people, get work done, get paid etc.

Good luck brother!

Thanks! I'm going to try and get hired at the Fitness and Wellness Center on campus. I know a few people there, and it looks like an EASY job :lol:.