Russell's future coach

Man that will be a tough legend to replace

I don't think you replace a legend like McGlone. The new guy just tries to carry on the Tradition and has to do things his way. He doesn't forget McGlone but he can't coach from behind, he will have to move ahead with his system and style whatever it may be.

I agree though that it will be a tough act to follow but the foundation certainly is a strong one.

I would think that T.J. Maynard would be on the list as well.

I really like T. J. Maynard but I think the only way he would have a chance is if Morris would turn the job down. Morris has done a lot for Russell football and I really don't think anyone else would be considered unless he were to decline the offer. Now thats just my opinion on the subject.

I'd say there will be a line from here to Cali wanting it. I would think Coach Morriss would be on the short list for sure along with some past players and coaches there. GREAT job at Russell!

Coach Morris has done a great job and would most likely be at the top of the list whenever Coach McGlone decides to retire.

It will be a very tough act to follow, however I hope it is Coach Morris. He is one of the best defensive coordinators in the entire state regardless of classification. Not to mention he is a better person than he is a coach and I think ALOT of him as a coach! He would be a role model for any parent to have their child play for.

I really like T. J. Maynard but I think the only way he would have a chance is if Morris would turn the job down. Morris has done a lot for Russell football and I really don't think anyone else would be considered unless he were to decline the offer. Now thats just my opinion on the subject.

You would probably know much more than I do about that, you amoung the rest of the Russell faithful are obviously far closer to the situation that I.

Even though, Coach Maynard is a "former" player and was a good coach when he was in Greenup, I think the best coach for Russell would have to be Coach Morris. You could not find anyone more devoted to the Russell Tradition and kids. He would continue the system currently in place and is the only person IMO who could follow the legend of McGlone and place his own stamp on the program without causing friction or issues with the kids, parents or community members.

I agree with other posters that the only way another coach would (or should) be considered for this job "if it ever opens" is if Morris declines, but I as many others don't see McGlone leaving soon unless he needs to step away on his own terms sooner than he prefers.