Russell's future coach

One of my all-time favorite people, but I believe Mike is very content, he would make an excellent choice, I guess I am leaning towards Morris if he truly wants it, How old is he? If not, I am sorry Ram fans I know you want TJ to take over when Hoof decides to step down, but I believe it will be TJ.

One of my all-time favorite people, but I believe Mike is very content, he would make an excellent choice, I guess I am leaning towards Morris if he truly wants it, How old is he? If not, I am sorry Ram fans I know you want TJ to take over when Hoof decides to step down, but I believe it will be TJ.

TJ Maynard seems to be the guy that everyone has talked about replacing the legendary Coach Ivan McGlone for years now. Coach McGlone is one of my favorites, on a personal side he has always been a great guy to talk to and has truly helped me out in my life. I couldn't have been happier for one guy when he won the State AA Title two seasons ago. I've also known TJ Maynard for several years and I feel that he would be a great choice, if Coach Morris or one of Ivan's upper level assistants didn't want to step into that role. I know for many of them they feel as though that they can't follow into his footseteps, due to a certain level of respect. Coach McGlone has dealt with some personal health issues with his wife in the past couple of years and I know that has weighed heavy on his mind, so retirement could be in the future, but I really hope that if his health is alright and his wife continues to do okay that Coach McGlone is able to stay on the sideline for a long-time to come.:thumb:

Coach Morris would be a fine selection if he wants it. I don't know how interested he would be in moving to a principal's position or other admin-type of job that would prevent him from coaching. Coach Jones is also another from the staff that could step up. If those two don't want it and the search goes to the outside then TJ Maynard would be an excellent choice. All 3 are class individuals and good football coaches. Enjoy Coach McGlone as long as he wants to coach, He is a once-in-a-lifetime individual to be around.

Does someone have inside info on coach McGlone??? He is a great man and coach.

No inside information. This happens every year about this time and then again around the playoffs. Board fans. Someday he might retire. Then again he will probable outlast all of us and be the head coach for kids kids that are in school now.

I'm one for letting a "still" working legend of NEKY football, and KY for that matter, finish his brilliant tenure before we discuss these matters.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe Coach McGlone should be shown the respect he has earned by closing this thread until he does indeed retire from coaching. JMO

I have all the respect for Coach McGlone in the world myself. In my eyes it's his job until HE decides he wants to walk away from the game. I meant zero disrespect too him if I came off that way. My answer came out of my respect for Coach Morriss as a man and a coach. If I came off different then I apologize. I understand where you are coming from Onetoya and to be honest it didn't cross my mind until you posted it.

I'm one for letting a "still" working legend of NEKY football, and KY for that matter, finish his brilliant tenure before we discuss these matters.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe Coach McGlone should be shown the respect he has earned by closing this thread until he does indeed retire from coaching. JMO

You make a good point here although I don't think that anyone is trying to run him off or discredit him at all. I know that I wasn't. :thumb:

I agree with you.

Personally I hope is around for a long time to come but people will always talk about the what ifs.

You make a good point here although I don't think that anyone is trying to run him off or discredit him at all. I know that I wasn't. :thumb:

I understand that nobody is trying to run Coach McGlone off. Who in right mind would?

And on that same note the coaches that have been metioned are great in their own respect! I'm sure they will be candidates "when" the job opens.

I know that this is a "discussion" board but I just felt compelled to make certain we undestand Ivan is still the man at the helm of Russell and could be for some time to come.

I've always disliked these "who will be/future" threads when the coach is still there. Agian JMO and hope you understand what I saying.