Rex Cooksey Fairview's Head Coach

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that Coach Tackett was helping with Ashland’s weight lifting today.

I think we have a new assistant coach at Ashland!

Were is he going to work? The only English position Ashland had was already filled. Maybe he might end up working at the central school?

Is there anyone out there who can take the administrations side on this that is not in someway associated with the people involved? IMO since bill musick wanted Chad out and rex in then rex should have to give the boys Basketball job up to either Coach Hall or Coach Davis, either one would be probably more qualified than rex and more respected for their abilities.I believe the people of Westwood need to attend the next Board of Education meeting and let your feelings be known especially the basketball players parents because rex has chosen the football team over your sons!!!

I heard that Coach Tackett was helping with Ashland’s weight lifting today.

I think we have a new assistant coach at Ashland!

If so Graybeard, the Tomcats have a nice addition to their staff and a quality individual as well.

Giddy up! That takes plenty of nerve. I give him credit.

Not really. No football rivalry.

Could see some hard feelings if he was coaching at Raceland.

There are others who do this and get along just fine.

Fraley teaches at Greenup and coaches Rose Hill.

If there are hard feelings, coaching at Ashland has nothing to do with them.

If so Graybeard, the Tomcats have a nice addition to their staff and a quality individual as well.

It is true; he was introduced to the players yesterday in the weight room. He has already learned a lot of their names. I agree that he is a good addition to the staff, Cvillecat.

Welcome to Ashland Coach Tackett – go Tomcats!

Is there anyone out there who can take the administrations side on this that is not in someway associated with the people involved? IMO since bill musick wanted Chad out and rex in then rex should have to give the boys Basketball job up to either Coach Hall or Coach Davis, either one would be probably more qualified than rex and more respected for their abilities.I believe the people of Westwood need to attend the next Board of Education meeting and let your feelings be known especially the basketball players parents because rex has chosen the football team over your sons!!!

Not saying your wrong on this Springsteen as I am not very fimilar with the situation at Fairview, but I do know that at Paintsville High School Bill Mike Runyon was both the head football and basketball coach along with being an assistant coach on the baseball team at PHS. Although he only was the head coach of both sports for one year most people didn't feel he was choosing one or the other, just that Paintsville being a small school and wanting to hire a new coach that would already be familiar with the players he was the best option as head coach for both sports.

It is true; he was introduced to the players yesterday in the weight room. He has already learned a lot of their names. I agree that he is a good addition to the staff, Cvillecat.

Welcome to Ashland Coach Tackett – go Tomcats!

:thumb: The fine folks at Ashland have made a great choice. Good luck to coach Tackett and the Tomcats except for one game in August.:D

Eagle the situation at Fairview is that Rex tried to talk his basketball players out of playing football, and the administration forced Coach Tackett out so they had to have a plan B in mind an in doing so Rex had to know he was plan B,Westwood is a very tight knit community I know Paintsville is alot larger Bill Mike did not take advantage of someone elses wrong doing. I would not want to be up for re-election for the fairview school board and have to face the public an explain why you let the super become dictator of the school system

Eagle the situation at Fairview is that Rex tried to talk his basketball players out of playing football, and the administration forced Coach Tackett out so they had to have a plan B in mind an in doing so Rex had to know he was plan B,Westwood is a very tight knit community I know Paintsville is alot larger Bill Mike did not take advantage of someone elses wrong doing. I would not want to be up for re-election for the fairview school board and have to face the public an explain why you let the super become dictator of the school system

:thumb: Gotcha, it really is a shame when good young coaches are forced out so certain personal agenda's can be met.