07'-08' 38th district

Harrison Co is the defending 38th district champion, but they lost five seniors who all contributed last year. Have a pretty good group of young players back, though.

Pendleton Co. has been hit hard by graduation the last three years, but has a scrappy bunch of kids that play hard. Won't have much size, but should be pretty quick.

Deming lost their top two scoreres last year, but return a pretty solid group of young players. Play hard and have some kids who can score.

Nicholas Co. may be returning the most of the four district teams, lost a good player late in the year last year (can't remember his name, but a kid who chose to go to a farm machinery show instead of going to a game), but played tough without him anyway.

Haven't seen any of them play this summer...don't know how much stock you can place on summer ball anyway.

Overall, a very weak district this coming season...probably a good year not to have a "decent" team that could possibly make noise in the post-season in certain years...can't see anybody in the 10th challenging the Royals this coming season.

Pendleton Co. was an overall decent team this summer ending up with a winning record of 18-17 one of those wins coming from Harrison @ Harrison. Have potential to make noise in the region if they had size. Doug Lambert is the biggest on the team and is only 6' 2'' but rumor has it that Korey Workman a kid that used to play for Pendleton has moved back and will be joing the team next season he is also bout the same size as Doug. Dillon Greene, Doug Lambert, and Kyle Feeback are all attending Blue Chip so we'll see how they play against competition around the state there!

Nicholas Co. may be returning the most of the four district teams, lost a good player late in the year last year (can't remember his name, but a kid who chose to go to a farm machinery show instead of going to a game), but played tough without him anyway.

I believe your refering to Wiloughby, also they lost another player, Wade.

Pendleton Co. was an overall decent team this summer ending up with a winning record of 18-17 one of those wins coming from Harrison @ Harrison. Have potential to make noise in the region if they had size. Doug Lambert is the biggest on the team and is only 6' 2'' but rumor has it that Korey Workman a kid that used to play for Pendleton has moved back and will be joing the team next season he is also bout the same size as Doug. Dillon Greene, Doug Lambert, and Kyle Feeback are all attending Blue Chip so we'll see how they play against competition around the state there!

No offense to PC, but I think this is a year no one other than MC is going to make noise in the tenth... Mason's just so loaded...

No offense to PC, but I think this is a year no one other than MC is going to make noise in the tenth... Mason's just so loaded...
:confused:

I believe this thread is about the 38th district and that does not include MC. Who doesn't know MC is the team in the tenth to make noise.

I believe pccatsmom said They have potential to make noise in the region if they had size. which they don't. So I think the if they had size cancelled out the potential. So not offense taken. Lets keep the subject on the 38th please :D

Pendleton will be a good team around January, I expect a more up tempo and pressing attack from the Wildcats this year to compensate for their lack of size. Last year these boys had no varsity experience and Simms was just getting his feet wet, this time all are more seasoned. Pendleton played a tough schedule last year and only the Hurricane had any varsity experience besdies the spot duty Crozier had.