• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is (and thanks for the lesson in how to attach a spread sheet) :D

SearsCup_edited.jpg

All Tell,

The margin is actually much larger. As TA pointed out, Trinity lost in the Region in basketball, thus they should get 64 points as opposed to 128. I believe that would make the final tally:

Trinity 132

St. X 299

Hey X guys, what is X's lowest score ever? I know you guys have won numerous titles in one year often.

Trinity's 2003-4 athletic year may be its best ever.

Golf ???

Soccer 16

Swimmimg 16

Track 10

Wrestling 9

Basketball 8

Baseball 4

Cross Country 3

Tennis 2

Football 1

69 + golf = total

Going through that year, it looks like X had an excellent year as well. Catholics in Louisville must have found good mates in 1986. :D

I'm just gonna go ahead and link this to the girls basketball forum...:lol:

I hope you link what you said as well. Do you really know what the criteria is used for the Sears Trophy? Oh, my bad, I should have said Big 2.

Centre, I know X has had 5 titles in one year twice. One was '62-'63 and the other was '00-'01. The '63 year was probably the more impressive, as I think there were only 8 or 9 KHSAA sanctioned sports at the time, whereas now there are 10. Even with 5 titles in '00-'01, our overall point total would be higher because of basketball, but I think you and I would both agree that a year with five state titles is more impressive than a year with two (you won golf in '03-'04 in addition to football) and good finishes elsewhere.

Even with 5 titles in '00-'01, our overall point total would be higher because of basketball, but I think you and I would both agree that a year with five state titles is more impressive than a year with two (you won golf in '03-'04 in addition to football) and good finishes elsewhere.

What sports were the 5 titles in 2000-01? I'm gonna guess swimming, tennis, golf, soccer and track??? (I know I got at least one right.)

What sports were the 5 titles in 2000-01? I'm gonna guess swimming, tennis, golf, soccer and track??? (I know I got at least one right.)

Actually, I couldn't remember if it was '99-'00 or '00-'01, but it looks like we had five titles each year. In '99-'00 we won XC, football, golf, swimming and tennis. In '00-'01, we won soccer, swimming, track, wrestling and tennis. Between those two years, we won every sport, but baseball and basketball.

Actually, I couldn't remember if it was '99-'00 or '00-'01, but it looks like we had five titles each year. In '99-'00 we won XC, football, golf, swimming and tennis. In '00-'01, we won soccer, swimming, track, wrestling and tennis. Between those two years, we won every sport, but baseball and basketball.

That's quite a two year run.

I think these years are more impressive than the 62-63 championship due to the increased level of competition.

I hope you link what you said as well. Do you really know what the criteria is used for the Sears Trophy? Oh, my bad, I should have said Big 2.
Yup. Sure do.

In Division I, there will be 20 sports counted in the standings - the top 10 men's and the top 10 women's; in Division II, there will be 14 sports included - the top seven (7) men's and top seven (7) women's; Division III will count 18 sports - the top nine (9) men's and the top nine (9) women's; while in the NAIA, there will be 12 sports included - the top six (6) men's and the top six (6) women's.

That's a lot of work. Thanks for the effort. A couple of minor points. First, Trinity lost in the regional, not district in basketball. Also, Trinity finished in the final 16 in baseball. All in all, a great year for the Rocks.

Just for further clarification on the numbers, Trinity lost to Ballard in the regional final ( great game!!) so the top 16 teams are regional champs( that why Ballard got a 16). I gave this level to all teams in losing in the round of 32.

So if you lost in the regional final you got a 32. If you lost a regional semifinal I assigned a 64.If you lost a regional first round like Trinity did in basketball, and Male did in baseball, I assigned a 128, the maximum. It is tough to compare sports because Baseball and basketball there is only one tournament with all the teams in the state so you lose like Manual in the district to St X in baseball first round so realistically you could assign a 512 to them versus Male doesn't have a wrestling team so I gave them an 81 80 teams plus 1. I capped the basketball and baseball at 128 for regional first round losses and below.

All Tell,

The margin is actually much larger. As TA pointed out, Trinity lost in the Region in basketball, thus they should get 64 points as opposed to 128. I believe that would make the final tally:

See explanation in my previous email. 128 is correct.

Trinity 132

St. X 299

Hey X guys, what is X's lowest score ever? I know you guys have won numerous titles in one year often.

Trinity's 2003-4 athletic year may be its best ever.

Golf ???

Soccer 16

Swimmimg 16

Track 10

Wrestling 9

Basketball 8

Baseball 4

Cross Country 3

Tennis 2

Football 1

69 + golf = total

Going through that year, it looks like X had an excellent year as well. Catholics in Louisville must have found good mates in 1986. :D

With assigning 128 ( max ) to golf for 2003, it still shows that T had a great year this year through all the sports. It may be the best ever. Congrats to Coach Lampley and all the coaches. Also give credit to Steve Tompkins for being the director of admissions.

With assigning 128 ( max ) to golf for 2003, it still shows that T had a great year this year through all the sports. It may be the best ever. Congrats to Coach Lampley and all the coaches. Also give credit to Steve Tompkins for being the director of admissions.

And he has been director of admissions, how long?