WKU or EKU Senior camps

Good question, I love to see local state talent stay in KY but it seems that EKU does a lot of recruiting down south. (more than the other state schools)

I have seen more Kentucky kids on the rosters of out state schools than EKU's. But I guess the coaching staff knows what they are doing. Although don't always believe what they are telling the kids. I am sure coach Hope is a good man. But some of his coaches need to learn to be honest. That is all kids want.

I have seen more Kentucky kids on the rosters of out state schools than EKU's. But I guess the coaching staff knows what they are doing. Although don't always believe what they are telling the kids. I am sure coach Hope is a good man. But some of his coaches need to learn to be honest. That is all kids want.

Coach Hope is a good man. But, his assistants dont have the highest opinion of Kentucky High School football. Some of his assistants are as you stated, quite dishonest, and it goes further than just lieing to recruits. EKU continually goes down to Florida and picks up kids that everyone else passes on including Div. 1-AA schools down there, and forget KY kids that have some talent. It boogles my mind because their best players year in and out are KY players like, Patrick Bugg, Mark Dunn, Al Holland, etc. (Not to mention historically, players like Byrd from Corbin were All-Americans from KY.)

I was on a flight from Dallas to Lexington back around signing day and Danny Hope was on the flight.....probably trying to lure a kid to KY from the Dallas area when in fact there is talent here. It really ticks me off that Eastern doesn't offer scholarships to local kids, instead wanting them to walk on and take the third or fouth tier player from Florida or Texas. The problem with EKU not recruiting KY kids stems back into the days of Roy Kidd as well. If the Colonels were winning I could understand it, but they aren't. They haven't made the 1-AA playoffs since 94 or 95 in a very weak OVC.

On the other hand, Western seems to snag some of the state's top kids, many of them in Richmond's backyard...........and they win. This is the reason the crowd at home games in Richmond is so bad now, a losing team with a bunch of players no one knows about.

Just to mention a few of the kids I am talking about:

Ronnie Letcher (Madison Central)

Braxton Miller and Trent Calhoun (Lincoln County)

Brandon Smith (Boyle County)

Rod Johnson and Clark Jeter (Henry Clay)

Tyrell Hayden (Lexington Christian)

Sam Sexton (Southwestern)

Justin Haddix (Breathitt County)

Brandon Mason (East Jessamine)

This is just a few I can remember off the top of my head, but I think it is pathetic.....

WKU's camp had a good showing of athletes throughout the state. Covington Catholic's running back ran an excellent 40 (4.5) and Beechwood had a defensive lineman who ran a 4.6. Campbell County had a big kid, a linebacker I think, run a 4.7 in the 40.

Mason County and Clay County look to have good quarterback's heading into this season.

There were several offensive and defensive linemen who were impressive. I thought it was a well run camp, and WKU can capitalize on thier upcoming move to 1-A, as well as thier new facilities.

WKU's camp had a good showing of athletes throughout the state. Covington Catholic's running back ran an excellent 40 (4.5) and Beechwood had a defensive lineman who ran a 4.6. Campbell County had a big kid, a linebacker I think, run a 4.7 in the 40.

Mason County and Clay County look to have good quarterback's heading into this season.

There were several offensive and defensive linemen who were impressive. I thought it was a well run camp, and WKU can capitalize on thier upcoming move to 1-A, as well as thier new facilities.

Any other QBs have good showings at EKU or WKU Sr camp?

Why was Clay Counties quarterback there ? He is only going to be a junior. It is possible for juniors to go to these camps ?

• 2 weeks later...
Why was Clay Counties quarterback there ? He is only going to be a junior. It is possible for juniors to go to these camps ?

Sorry it took me so long to get back to your question. The camp is actually a junior and senior to-be camp. There were a few other quarterbacks that had good showings. A big quarterback from Georgia looked really good. There was quite a good showing of talent throughout the state at this camp.

Just a quick note of observation to any senior that might want to spend their camp time at Eastern... The Tennessee All-Stars had more EKU signees on roster than the Kentucky All-Stars. That shows that EKU is definitely not interested in KY players. If i was a senior that wanted to get looked at in my senior season i would take myself on down to Bowling Green.

Just a quick note of observation to any senior that might want to spend their camp time at Eastern... The Tennessee All-Stars had more EKU signees on roster than the Kentucky All-Stars. That shows that EKU is definitely not interested in KY players. If i was a senior that wanted to get looked at in my senior season i would take myself on down to Bowling Green.

what if the EKU coaches are visiting your school to see you , even head coach Hope, do they still tend to not offer scholarships?