Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Pays $50,000 To Get Out Of UMass Game

Featured Replies

I would love that.....:fire:

Same here. I LOVED the tournament game. UC picked a bad 5 minutes to go cold but that game was a battle. I took my crow after the loss and went through hell and back as a fan since. UC is at worst a top 15 program all time and there should be a rivalry with the #1 only an hour away. I'd be at the front of dishing it out and taking it either way...:banana:

  • Replies 121
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. I LOVED the tournament game. UC picked a bad 5 minutes to go cold but that game was a battle. I took my crow after the loss and went through hell and back as a fan since. UC is at worst a top 15 program all time and there should be a rivalry with the #1 only an hour away. I'd be at the front of dishing it out and taking it either way...:banana:

 

 

The UC/UK game could be a big time Rival game......

The UC/UK game could be a big time Rival game......

A guy can dream... :lol:

A guy can dream... :lol:

 

 

:lol:

Sounds like a national TV deal. Good move if that's the end result...

 

I'm expecting a home game against somebody like Panhandle State. I won't be holding my breath for Illinois or anybody else of that ilk.

Personally I have a much bigger problem with Rick buying out the Western game because we have a history with Western. Infact I maybe wrong but I believe that Western Kentucky is one of the few teams that Louisville has a losing record to. But yeah it kinda is a smack in the face to Travis Forde that the first thing the new ball coach does is dismiss Travis Forde's team's biggest draw of the season. But there in both cases there is a buy out clause for a reason and it is ok to exercise it. Even if it does stink.

Personally I have a much bigger problem with Rick buying out the Western game because we have a history with Western. Infact I maybe wrong but I believe that Western Kentucky is one of the few teams that Louisville has a losing record to. But yeah it kinda is a smack in the face to Travis Forde that the first thing the new ball coach does is dismiss Travis Forde's team's biggest draw of the season. But there in both cases there is a buy out clause for a reason and it is ok to exercise it. Even if it does stink.

 

Any Relation to Pat?

Any Relation to Pat?
Sorry You know what that is exactly what happened I was reading espn before typing that!:laugh: My bad. I know it is Ford, I just had a brain freeze.
I meant they had never hired a UK graduate. Hall played one season at UK before transferring to Sewanee. But I know what you're saying!
I hate to nit-pick and it's not a big deal, but the OC in me begs for this to be correct. :D

 

Hall transferred to Sewanee, but returned to Kentucky to complete his BA, graduating in 1955. UK Alumni Association However, I see your point.

 

It's just my opinion, but if they were going to get a tested, tried and true, coach that had been a UK player, I believe they would have gone after Pat Riley before Pelphrey or Ford.

Non-Issue. I mean yes, not very professional to cancel on someone, but it happens. All it boils down too more than likely is Gillespie using a weaker and lacking situation on the schedule (traveling to play UMASS at UMASS) and turning it into an ideal situation. Whether its with a much better opponet on the road, or just another home game, IMO it will be a much better situation. I'm sure Gillespie really wants to see what he has next year and test the guys before March, and needless to say, UMASS wouldn't be much of a test next year. As someone mentioned, Illinois may be a possibility, and we all know they get it rocking up in Illini country.

I think it's bad practice for any school to back out of a formal scheduling commitment, whether it's Louisville-Western or Kentucky-UMass. They should take a PR hit for it.

 

Kentucky did the same thing with North Carolina early in the Newton-Pitino era, cancelling two years into a 10-year deal.

Anyone who thinks UK is going to replace UMass with Illinois is really wearing the Big Blue Blockers.

 

Articles in the CJ today made it clear that UK wanted out because they wanted an easier schedule and a home game. They strung UMass along and probably already have some sacrificial lamb ready to get hammered in Rupp. It wasn't right when Louisville did it to Western but at least when Louisville did it Pitino took the heat personally. Billy Clyde no commented this one. If every time something controversial happens at UK Billy Clyde is going to hide from the press his popularity will drop.

I understand it completely. Still doesn't make it any less bush to back out of a contract, especially with a former player's team. I don't care what school does it.

 

You sum it up pretty well.

I read that Tubby scheduled this game as a favor to Ford. I guess BCG doesn't have a relationship with Ford, thus, had no qualms about canceling the game.

Anyone who thinks UK is going to replace UMass with Illinois is really wearing the Big Blue Blockers.

 

Articles in the CJ today made it clear that UK wanted out because they wanted an easier schedule and a home game. They strung UMass along and probably already have some sacrificial lamb ready to get hammered in Rupp. It wasn't right when Louisville did it to Western but at least when Louisville did it Pitino took the heat personally. Billy Clyde no commented this one. If every time something controversial happens at UK Billy Clyde is going to hide from the press his popularity will drop.

 

Not the truth! The CJ made nothing clear about UK wanting to play an easier opponent. It said that they wanted a home game to help Coach G get off on the right foot. They said that several teams had called UK about playing at Rupp on the 24th, but they didn't mention any names so I don't get how you could determine that UK wants an easier schedule for him. Barnhardt even said he wanted to maxamize the number of games UK would play this year.

 

1 thing happened and it shouldn't even be something "controversial" so it's hard to say that Billy G was dodging on commenting on this. Maybe he'll comment today or tomorrow, give the guy a break he's been a workhorse so far!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.