May 21, 200719 yr The UMass game was close last year.....I would rather the Cats travel to Boston to play a solid team then play High Point at home.......and why not help out one of your own at the same time? Are you serious? That was one of our most complete games of the season. That was a full effort for 40 mins, something not seen in many games last year.
May 21, 200719 yr ...UK has never hired a UK guy for the basketball position ...Really. Somebody go tell Joe B. Hall he's a Florida guy. BTW. This change is a non-issue, and Travis is probably better off losing the game on his schedule.
May 21, 200719 yr Good Lord folks. This is done all the time by virtually every school in the country at one time or another. Things change. Schedules fluctuate. Gillispie probably looked at his schedule and decided he did want another home date or perhaps he needs to "repay a favor" or something along those lines. This is no tragedy nor is it a rarity in college or high school basketball. Calling it "bush" or whatever else simply tells me people don't understand the true complexities of scheduling, satisfying the "alums" and/or the fan-base or balancing your schedule from year to year.
May 21, 200719 yr Good Lord folks. This is done all the time by virtually every school in the country at one time or another. Things change. Schedules fluctuate. Gillispie probably looked at his schedule and decided he did want another home date or perhaps he needs to "repay a favor" or something along those lines. This is no tragedy nor is it a rarity in college or high school basketball. Calling it "bush" or whatever else simply tells me people don't understand the true complexities of scheduling, satisfying the "alums" and/or the fan-base or balancing your schedule from year to year. I understand it completely. Still doesn't make it any less bush to back out of a contract, especially with a former player's team. I don't care what school does it.
May 21, 200719 yr I think he said for for you liking the team with only the 2nd most wins of all time, instead of the 1st like UK... :thumb:
May 21, 200719 yr I think he said for for you liking the team with only the 2nd most wins of all time, instead of the 1st like UK... :thumb: Yeah, still recall when UK dug up some wins against the Lexington YMCA and other area high schools when UNC passed them up briefly. Gotta keep that "winningest program" banner, by any means necessary.
May 21, 200719 yr Let me get this straight, Rick Pitino's first order of business after getting to Louisville was to back-out of a contract to play (in-state school, mind you) Western. Everyone (read: some UL fans) says it is no big deal and that he is looking out for the best interest of his program. However, BCG does the same thing to UMASS and it is bush league and a bad move on Mitch and Billy's part? Perfect. Pitino also broke off contracts with UC, UNC and Kansas while at UK. I wish they would still go play. They are still going to Houston, right. Not good PR, but it happens.
May 21, 200719 yr Really. Somebody go tell Joe B. Hall he's a Florida guy. BTW. This change is a non-issue, and Travis is probably better off losing the game on his schedule. I meant they had never hired a UK graduate. Hall played one season at UK before transferring to Sewanee. But I know what you're saying!
May 21, 200719 yr I understand it completely. Still doesn't make it any less bush to back out of a contract, especially with a former player's team. I don't care what school does it. And, of course, you have no other agenda in making that determination. :thumb:
May 21, 200719 yr Yeah, still recall when UK dug up some wins against the Lexington YMCA and other area high schools when UNC passed them up briefly. Gotta keep that "winningest program" banner, by any means necessary. Yeah well UNC also helped us out by not being able to win double digit games a few years ago and only winning 8 games I believe....
May 21, 200719 yr And, of course, you have no other agenda in making that determination. :thumb: Read the thread all the way through. I was also hard on Pitino for backing the Cards out of their game with WKU.
May 21, 200719 yr Yeah well UNC also helped us out by not being able to win double digit games a few years ago and only winning 8 games I believe.... Allowing "Ten-loss Tubby" to extend the UK lead in this matter, interestingly enough.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.