Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Pays $50,000 To Get Out Of UMass Game

Featured Replies

A lead is a lead, just like a win is a win.

  • Replies 121
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a really really bad thing to do....UK simply wants more $$$$ which comes with playing at home, and it will undoubtedly be against a lesser opponent...pretty cruddy thing to do to a UK Alum.

UK helped Travis Ford already though... They helped him make a name for himself and get his feet wet in coaching... The connection is minimal these days... Nobody that has anything to do with UK basketball was there in Ford's days and they simply don't owe him anything else. This happens, especially with a coaching change.

UK helped Travis Ford already though... They helped him make a name for himself and get his feet wet in coaching... The connection is minimal these days... Nobody that has anything to do with UK basketball was there in Ford's days and they simply don't owe him anything else. This happens, especially with a coaching change.

 

The fans are. There should be more outrage for your favorite school snubbing one of the key players involved in the program's resurgence.

 

You (and others) are suggesting the university just wash its hands of a former player — that's what the use of the term "owed" sounds like — even though you and I both know that UK basketball players are on scholarship for life. Your and others' attitude on this definitely doesn't jive with what I've seen in the past with former players getting preferential treatment from the fans and university, Richie Farmer's political career being the most egregious recent example of this behavior.

The fans are. There should be more outrage for your favorite school snubbing one of the key players involved in the program's resurgence.

 

You (and others) are suggesting the university just wash its hands of a former player — that's what the use of the term "owed" sounds like — even though you and I both know that UK basketball players are on scholarship for life. Your and others' attitude on this definitely doesn't jive with what I've seen in the past with former players getting preferential treatment from the fans and university, Richie Farmer's political career being the most egregious recent example of this behavior.

 

I certainly see both sides of the argument, but as I've said since this thread was made last night, I don't see the fuss about any of this. I also see that you're right, UK has done tons for all of their players in the past... So the one time that the school does something for the benefit of the school, I'm not going to write it off as a classless move. Sometimes you have to look out for the best interest of your program, and that's all Mitch is doing here. While it may seem selfish to put yourself before others sometimes, we've all done it in the past.

Agreed. UK has never hired a UK guy for the basketball position and every hire they've made has been a good one (at the time, at least. See: Eddie Sutton!). Why people thought Ford/Pelphrey were the best for the job, with limited credentials, only because they played at Kentucky is beyond me.

 

Joe B Hall

This is a really really bad thing to do....UK simply wants more $$$$ which comes with playing at home, and it will undoubtedly be against a lesser opponent...pretty cruddy thing to do to a UK Alum.

 

 

Heard UK is trying to pick up a game against Illinois, @ Illinois.

Joe B Hall

 

Read Post #56. I already cleared this up.

 

I meant they had never hired a UK graduate. Hall played one season at UK before transferring to Sewanee. But I know what you're saying!

Heard UK is trying to pick up a game against Illinois, @ Illinois.

This would be very shocking...it was reported by AM790 here that they were looking for a home game...and the $50K tag was worth the price....BC's AD had showed signs of concern about the low buyout price tag, but OTS assured him they would follow through, and then OTS left.

This would be very shocking...it was reported by AM790 here that they were looking for a home game...and the $50K tag was worth the price....BC's AD had showed signs of concern about the low buyout price tag, but OTS assured him they would follow through, and then OTS left.

 

 

It would shock me too.

Heard UK is trying to pick up a game against Illinois, @ Illinois.

Sounds like a national TV deal. Good move if that's the end result...

Sounds like a national TV deal. Good move if that's the end result...

 

 

:thumb:

Just as an aside. I know BCG and Mick are pretty tight from their ace recruiter days. I hope they can get a long time home and home worked out one of these days...

Just as an aside. I know BCG and Mick are pretty tight from their ace recruiter days. I hope they can get a long time home and home worked out one of these days...

 

 

I would love that.....:fire:

Sounds like a national TV deal. Good move if that's the end result...

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: I don't think this is an issue at all...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.