May 22, 200719 yr I hate to nit-pick and it's not a big deal, but the OC in me begs for this to be correct. Hall transferred to Sewanee, but returned to Kentucky to complete his BA, graduating in 1955. UK Alumni Association However, I see your point. It's just my opinion, but if they were going to get a tested, tried and true, coach that had been a UK player, I believe they would have gone after Pat Riley before Pelphrey or Ford. I stand corrected!:thumb:
May 22, 200719 yr Not the truth! The CJ made nothing clear about UK wanting to play an easier opponent. It said that they wanted a home game to help Coach G get off on the right foot. They said that several teams had called UK about playing at Rupp on the 24th, but they didn't mention any names so I don't get how you could determine that UK wants an easier schedule for him. Barnhardt even said he wanted to maxamize the number of games UK would play this year. 1 thing happened and it shouldn't even be something "controversial" so it's hard to say that Billy G was dodging on commenting on this. Maybe he'll comment today or tomorrow, give the guy a break he's been a workhorse so far! Say what you want....but the CJ painted UK in a much worse light than any of us on here were doing....Barnhart pretty much said that December was hard enough...and they needed an easier game.... With a young team and a new coach, we just wanted to give him the best opportunity to get off on the right foot at Kentucky
May 22, 200719 yr Not the truth! The CJ made nothing clear about UK wanting to play an easier opponent. It said that they wanted a home game to help Coach G get off on the right foot. They said that several teams had called UK about playing at Rupp on the 24th, but they didn't mention any names so I don't get how you could determine that UK wants an easier schedule for him. Barnhardt even said he wanted to maxamize the number of games UK would play this year. 1 thing happened and it shouldn't even be something "controversial" so it's hard to say that Billy G was dodging on commenting on this. Maybe he'll comment today or tomorrow, give the guy a break he's been a workhorse so far! Ask yourself honestly: Who's going to agree to come and play at Rupp on such short notice? Certainly not an established program; they don't need the check that desperately.
May 22, 200719 yr Say what you want....but the CJ painted UK in a much worse light than any of us on here were doing....Barnhart pretty much said that December was hard enough...and they needed an easier game.... With a young team and a new coach, we just wanted to give him the best opportunity to get off on the right foot at Kentucky Maybe so but I just took it differently as just them wanting to give Billy G more home games, but maybe I just misinterpreted it.
May 22, 200719 yr Ask yourself honestly: Who's going to agree to come and play at Rupp on such short notice? Certainly not an established program; they don't need the check that desperately. I'd take a team from the MWC, WAC, MVC, or even some from CUSA over UMass...
May 22, 200719 yr I'd take a team from the MWC, WAC, MVC, or even some from CUSA over UMass... Even if it is from one of those conferences, guarantee the team finished last season in the lower end of their conference.
May 22, 200719 yr Even if it is from one of those conferences, guarantee the team finished last season in the lower end of their conference. I'm pretty sure UMass lost a lot from last year's team....No way are they near the top IMO.
May 22, 200719 yr Non issue...IMO I was going to say "Don't care" but you summed it up better.:thumb:
May 22, 200719 yr Who cares if UMass gets mad? If Billy G. wants another Home game, then, I am all for it. Toughies against UNC, UL at Home, IU and Houston on road, possible matchup with probable No. 1 Memphis, or UConn. UK's schedule is always one of the ten toughest in the nation. They don't have anything to apologize for. Also, the 16 game schedule in the SEC.
May 23, 200719 yr I just don't like UK doing this to Travis and UMass. It makes it worse that it isn't just a random coach or program, it's a guy with lots of ties to the Kentucky.. Obviously you havent ever met Travis Ford..... I watched him tell kids to get away and that he was signing autographs on his Senior UK tour across the State....He was a Rich, Spoiled Kid, so sorry no pity here.
May 23, 200719 yr Obviously you havent ever met Travis Ford..... I watched him tell kids to get away and that he was signing autographs on his Senior UK tour across the State....He was a Rich, Spoiled Kid, so sorry no pity here. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.