Gus Gilchrist

Hangman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He made a commitment to a school before that world was turned upside down... The school he committed to is not going to be the same type of setting he will experience once he's there... I don't see this any worse than the Baylor kids transferring...

He made a commitment to the school, then something happened that the university and coaches couldn't control. The hits keep coming for VT...

God forbid, but if something like that happened at NKU, I would transfer out the next day. Now I have a 4 year scholarship to go there, so is that the same? Or is he to be treated differently because his scholarship is an athletic one?

People didn't flee NYC. People are still riding the subway in London. One crazy kid is going to stop you from fulfulling your commitment to a university?

It's not just one incident there. Its happened multiple times. I wouldn't want to be involved with something like that if I didn't have to be.

He made a commitment to a school before that world was turned upside down... The school he committed to is not going to be the same type of setting he will experience once he's there... I don't see this any worse than the Baylor kids transferring...

Waaay different scenario. That was an incident inside the basketball program, coach was fired, teammates jailed.

People might not have left NYC, but they didn't all flock there either... The people with no attachment there avoided the area, and the people who had already made it their home stayed to pick up the pieces.

So let me get this straight....You have no problem with a kid being released from his LOI if the coach leaves, but if a tragedy happens then it's turning his back on the campus?

Pretty much. This incident didn't effect the basketball team solely. It just sucks if you're a VT supporter that the effects of the shooting spill over into the athletic arena.

Pretty much. This incident didn't effect the basketball team solely. It just sucks if you're a VT supporter that the effects of the shooting spill over into the athletic arena.

I am very close to a lot of people in the area. They are not fine. Far from it. If an outsider doesn't want to be thrown in to that situation where is the problem? You want to make him go there, always feel uncomfortable, and just deal with it? Awful plan...

I am very close to a lot of people in the area. They are not fine. Far from it. If an outsider doesn't want to be thrown in to that situation where is the problem? You want to make him go there, always feel uncomfortable, and just deal with it? Awful plan...

This fall, won't the VT fans turn to football for something to take their mind off the pain? Won't they turn to basketball in the winter? Sports are what brings people back together. Same thing after 9/11 -- we turned to baseball and football. Now what would have happened to Mets fans if half the team demanded a trade because they "weren't emotionally ready" to deal with life in NYC?