May 15, 200719 yr If he is released from his LOI at Virginia Tech like it is being rumored that he has asked/is going to ask for, will he be on Coach Gillispie's radar? a 6'9 240 center... 4 stars on Scout and rated 54th in the country. I know nothing about the kid or his situation, nor have I heard anything of significance... Just wondering.
May 15, 200719 yr Author Why would he ask out? Trying to distance himself from the tragedy, as far as I can see... But it's all rumor from what I've seen and I'm trying to make sure that's known before people start penciling him in the starting lineup.
May 15, 200719 yr I think it would be in poor taste on his part if he were to ask out... Being honest with himself is poor taste? He said he doesn't think he can handle the mourning period. What a bad kid...
May 15, 200719 yr What does that even mean, "can't handle the mourning period"? "I'm not mentally prepared to go there for this [coming] year. I think the campus needs time to heal. The campus needs time to mourn the first year. I don't know if I'm prepared to do that next year."
May 15, 200719 yr I think it would be in poor taste on his part if he were to ask out... How is that poor taste? I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a campus where something like that occurred....
May 15, 200719 yr "I'm not mentally prepared to go there for this [coming] year. I think the campus needs time to heal. The campus needs time to mourn the first year. I don't know if I'm prepared to do that next year." So go to school there, play ball and give VT something to cheer about and take their mind off the pain. It would be a good life lesson for him.
May 15, 200719 yr So go to school there, play ball and give VT something to cheer about and take their mind off the pain. It would be a good life lesson for him. Would you want to go to school there?
May 15, 200719 yr How is that poor taste? I know I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a campus where something like that occurred.... He made a commitment to the school, then something happened that the university and coaches couldn't control. The hits keep coming for VT...
May 15, 200719 yr I think I would feel like an outsider, all the teams and the campus has bonded with this tragedy and coming in it would be hard to come in and be accepted into that level of trust I would think. I think he's pretty mature to admit this and make this decision. Anyone who judges this kid as low for doing it needs to grow up a little IMO.
May 15, 200719 yr So go to school there, play ball and give VT something to cheer about and take their mind off the pain. It would be a good life lesson for him. If he's not comfortable with it now, force it on him and he'll be just fine. Great plan... :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.