Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gus Gilchrist

Featured Replies

I guess I say that to say that if he's my kid, I make him honor his commitment. He'll come out better on the other end.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This fall, won't the VT fans turn to football for something to take their mind off the pain? Won't they turn to basketball in the winter? Sports are what brings people back together. Same thing after 9/11 -- we turned to baseball and football. Now what would have happened to Mets fans if half the team demanded a trade because they "weren't emotionally ready" to deal with life in NYC?

You are REALLY reaching. Please stop...

This fall, won't the VT fans turn to football for something to take their mind off the pain? Won't they turn to basketball in the winter? Sports are what brings people back together. Same thing after 9/11 -- we turned to baseball and football. Now what would have happened to Mets fans if half the team demanded a trade because they "weren't emotionally ready" to deal with life in NYC?

 

Whether he goes there or not, won't the sports teams still exsist? I doubt the VT community would want someone who didn't feel comfortable there, to be a part of the program.

I guess I say that to say that if he's my kid, I make him honor his commitment. He'll come out better on the other end.

It's a good thing you aren't IMO...

This fall, won't the VT fans turn to football for something to take their mind off the pain? Won't they turn to basketball in the winter? Sports are what brings people back together. Same thing after 9/11 -- we turned to baseball and football. Now what would have happened to Mets fans if half the team demanded a trade because they "weren't emotionally ready" to deal with life in NYC?

They were already there to begin with.

  • Author

Certainly... I applaud every high school graduate who goes to college on an academic ride... Much more so than any athlete.

 

OK, I was just doing one of those "say what sounds right even if it's not really the way you feel things"... Self reporting that one. ;)

 

But really... We can't argue giving athletes special treatment on one hand and then on the other hand expect them to carry the school through something they had NOTHING at all to do with.

I hope he stays and helps the healing process..

  • Author
I hope he stays and helps the healing process..

 

He might... And he'd certainly have all of my respect if he did so... But if he decides to go elsewhere, I don't think that makes him any less of a person, and he would still have all of my respect. Like I stated earlier, I'm not going to judge him.

He might... And he'd certainly have all of my respect if he did so... But if he decides to go elsewhere, I don't think that makes him any less of a person, and he would still have all of my respect. Like I stated earlier, I'm not going to judge him.

:thumb: :thumb:

I don't mean he's any less of a person for asking out. I can understand his motives. I certainly disagree with them, but understand.

  • Author

The fiance agrees with you, Pat... And now we're arguing. Way to go.

The fiance agrees with you, Pat... And now we're arguing. Way to go.

 

Oops. Sorry about that. :cool:

I think that it's his choice and no matter what the university wants he should be able to be released from it. That campus is a safety issue now and I'm sure he, along with many others are wanting out of there to g somewhere where they can feel safe and you shouldn't hold that against someone just because you want them to play basketball or some other sport for you!

These will be some of the most important years of his life, he needs to be where he is comfortable and feels most at ease. It takes a mature young man to open up and let people know about his feelings on this, I applaude him and wish him luck with whatever he decides to do.

These will be some of the most important years of his life, he needs to be where he is comfortable and feels most at ease. It takes a mature young man to open up and let people know about his feelings on this, I applaude him and wish him luck with whatever he decides to do.

 

Agreed!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.