Daily workout schedule??

$$East-Bank$$

Don't do as much as I used to but:

Run (no, sorry I jog) 3 miles 3 days a week

Other cardio, either eliptical or cycling 1 or two times in between for 30 min.

I do the cardio before weights...no particular reason why, but I am good and warm for the weight workout.

Day 1 and Day 3 pushing: bench pyramid 60%, 70%, 80%, 90-100% of max. + three sets shoulder presses + 1 set dumbell presses + triceps extensions and abs

Day 2 and Day 4 pulling: 3 sets wide lat pulls + 3 sets close, 3 sets shoulder pulls (close grip pull bar up to shoulders), 3 sets vertical flys + abs

Do lunges, extension and leg curls not on a particular schedule. Try to stretch every chance I get before and after.

Diet could be a lot better. I eat as much protein and green vegetables as I want. I like butter popcorn and chips too much. Don't take any supplements except for several vitamins. Need to stay away from desserts altogether, but I don't.

Don't do as much as I used to but:

Run (no, sorry I jog) 3 miles 3 days a week

Other cardio, either eliptical or cycling 1 or two times in between for 30 min.

I do the cardio before weights...no particular reason why, but I am good and warm for the weight workout.

Day 1 and Day 3 pushing: bench pyramid 60%, 70%, 80%, 90-100% of max. + three sets shoulder presses + 1 set dumbell presses + triceps extensions and abs

Day 2 and Day 4 pulling: 3 sets wide lat pulls + 3 sets close, 3 sets shoulder pulls (close grip pull bar up to shoulders), 3 sets vertical flys + abs

Do lunges, extension and leg curls not on a particular schedule. Try to stretch every chance I get before and after.

Diet could be a lot better. I eat as much protein and green vegetables as I want. I like butter popcorn and chips too much. Don't take any supplements except for several vitamins. Need to stay away from desserts altogether, but I don't.

What kind of results have you had with this workout??

Monday

Chest

Tri's

Abs

Swim 1/4 mile

Run 2

Tuesday

Back

Bi's

Swim 1/4 Mile

Bike 5 miles

Wednesday

Off (usually cuz I'm hanging with my girl)

If not then I just swim and run

Thursday

Chest

Tri's

Shoulders

Swim

Friday

Back

Bi's

I generally dont do much on saturday and sunday, sometimes take my girls dog for about a mile jog

Supplements

I drink Muscle Milk Protein and cycle on and off Creatine and NO2 Every couple of months.

I try to eat decent for the most part but I dont deprive myself if I go to a good restaurant or at a ballgame

Here's what I try to do weekly:

Monday - Chest

Barbell Bench Press or Dumbbell Bench Press - 4 X 10

Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Decline Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flye's - 4 X 10

Cable Crossovers - 4 X 10

Push ups - 2 X Failure

Crunches - 3 X 20

Decline Sit Ups - 3 X 20

1 Mile Run

10 minutes Elliptical

Tuesday - Back/Bi's

Wide Grip Pull downs - 2 X 10

Close grip pull downs - 2 X 10

Reverse Pull Downs - 2 X 10

Bent over row - 4 X 10

Seated Cable Row - 4 x 10

Hammer Curls - 4 X 10

Seated Curls - 4 X 10

Cable Curls - 4 X 10

Barbell Curls - 4 X 10

Cardio

Wednesday - Shoulders/Tri's

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Side Raises - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Front Raises - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Shrugs - 4 X 10

Ez Bar Row - 4 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns - 4 X 10

Kickbacks - 4 X 10

Overhead triceps extension - 4 x 10

Skull Crushers - 4 X 10

Cardio

Thursday - Legs

Various different leg workouts...

I take Leukic, Gakic and On Whey Protein. I'm considering taking NO Explode again (I've taken it before) it has NO2 and Creatine in it I believe.

Here's what I try to do weekly:

Monday - Chest

Barbell Bench Press or Dumbbell Bench Press - 4 X 10

Incline Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Decline Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Flat Bench Dumbbell Flye's - 4 X 10

Cable Crossovers - 4 X 10

Push ups - 2 X Failure

Crunches - 3 X 20

Decline Sit Ups - 3 X 20

1 Mile Run

10 minutes Elliptical

Tuesday - Back/Bi's

Wide Grip Pull downs - 2 X 10

Close grip pull downs - 2 X 10

Reverse Pull Downs - 2 X 10

Bent over row - 4 X 10

Seated Cable Row - 4 x 10

Hammer Curls - 4 X 10

Seated Curls - 4 X 10

Cable Curls - 4 X 10

Barbell Curls - 4 X 10

Cardio

Wednesday - Shoulders/Tri's

Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Side Raises - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Front Raises - 4 X 10

Dumbbell Shrugs - 4 X 10

Ez Bar Row - 4 x 10

Tricep Pushdowns - 4 X 10

Kickbacks - 4 X 10

Overhead triceps extension - 4 x 10

Skull Crushers - 4 X 10

Cardio

Thursday - Legs

Various different leg workouts...

I take Leukic, Gakic and On Whey Protein. I'm considering taking NO Explode again (I've taken it before) it has NO2 and Creatine in it I believe.

No-Explode is BY FAR the best pre-work out supplement on the market, I stack mine with Cell Mass(post workout) and Whey protein(which I actually buy the wal-mart kind, it works just as good), I also take natural vitamins like Fish Oil, Vitamine C, B-12, and Glucosamine(which does miracles for your joints). Sometimes when I'm low on cash I buy the Body Forturess Creatin from Wal-Mart which tast like crap but I had pretty good results with it. Its only $12.

What kind of results have you had with this workout??

I have done the push/pull alternating routine off and on for a long time. It works for me when I want to build strength fast. On the pyramid, it is basic 12 reps at 60%, and maybe only 1 or 2 at my maximum. For the others, I work with the heaviest weight I can handle for 7 to 9 reps each set. I take a minute and 1/2 rest between each set. Right now I am not really taking the time to work all the smaller muscle groups to bulk up or sculpt, but I am able to keep up my general strength even though I am not putting a lot of time into the weights right now. Also, some weeks I put the rest day between workout 2 and 3.

The aerobics is enough for me, but my intensity needs to be a bit higher on the running. I "retired" from playing soccer and basketball a couple of years ago, and didn't retire from eating :-)

I have pretty much given up on lifting mainly becuase when you lift you only target a few muscles at a time and I do not have the mental strength to make it high intensity... strictly aenerobic (sp), so to speak.

My resistance bands give a more complete workout that incorporates cardio and balance while toning your muscles. I got over the fact there is no need for me to be able to bench 300+ lbs. anymore. No sense in it. I do a lot of pushups and work out my abs every exercise. I believe being in a class helps you overcome a lot of the mental blocks one has when not wanting to work out.

What type of bands do you use? I am not a fan these days of free weights and have never reall been that much on plate type machines. That is one reason I was thinking about a Bowflex. I just hate to spend that much money on one.

The muscle milk is very good for gaining lean mass, have you ever tried the NO explode(Nitric Oxide) and/or the Cell Mass Creatine? They are both BSN brand I believe.

I have some at home, and I am probably going to start taking it mid-June. I'm taking naNO Vapor right now by Muscletech. I didn't like it at first, but I'm in the 2nd week of it now and it's pretty good stuff.

Tell me more about the Glucosamine...my elbows, knees, and wrists have been killing me lately. Is it expensive? Are off brands just as good as the name brand stuff?

I have some at home, and I am probably going to start taking it mid-June. I'm taking naNO Vapor right now by Muscletech. I didn't like it at first, but I'm in the 2nd week of it now and it's pretty good stuff.

Tell me more about the Glucosamine...my elbows, knees, and wrists have been killing me lately. Is it expensive? Are off brands just as good as the name brand stuff?

I just buy what everkind I can find, it all works the same, right now I'm taking Flex-a-min. It ranges in price but its really not expensive at all you can usually go to Rite Aid and get 2 for the price of one. I've had several sports related injuries and several broken bones that nag me as I get older. Personally I couldn't go with out the stuff and have had several different doctors recommend it to me. I would recommend it to you for sure, you take 2-4 pills a day after about 3-6 days you'll be able to tell a huge difference.:thumb:

What type of bands do you use? I am not a fan these days of free weights and have never reall been that much on plate type machines. That is one reason I was thinking about a Bowflex. I just hate to spend that much money on one.
I am not exactly sure of the brand name. I just picked mine up at the gym I go to and it was part of my routine I paid for.

You can get bands just about anywhere and the costs are really cheap... easy to travel with and lots of different exercises one can do.