Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where did your username on BGP come from?

Featured Replies

My nickname is ThaDopeJA but I wanted to use something with my alumnus(Bowling Green Purples) in it and tried ThaDopePurp as a way to marry my nickname and high school. They told me it sounded too much like drug jargon and to come up with something else. PurplePride92 was born. Purple for Bowling Green. Pride for my love for my Purples and 92 for the year I graduated.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My nickname is ThaDopeJA but I wanted to use something with my alumnus(Bowling Green Purples) in it and tried ThaDopePurp as a way to marry my nickname and high school. They told me it sounded too much like drug jargon and to come up with something else. PurplePride92 was born. Purple for Bowling Green. Pride for my love for my Purples and 92 for the year I graduated.

 

:lol: I don't know if there could be a more drug sounding name than ThaDopePurp. Two of the words in it are slang for drugs :D.

I picked mine because you can do alot of cool things with it and I like UK. Different people shorten my screen name different ways, "C3" is by far the best though IMO. I also think the Cats-Cats-Cats chant is the best in college sports.

:lol: I don't know if there could be a more drug sounding name than ThaDopePurp. Two of the words in it are slang for drugs :D.

 

Yeah, I was still partaking some at the time but it was the one time in my life I truly meant no harm or have any secret intentions. Just wanted to get my nickname in somehow. It's funny, when they sent the email saying try again on the name I was incredulous. I was like, are they nuts, that has nothing to do with drugs. Then I took a step back and said it out loud......and said, yeah, I guess it does sound a little bit like drug jargon.:D

I picked mine because you can do alot of cool things with it and I like UK. Different people shorten my screen name different ways, "C3" is by far the best though IMO. I also think the Cats-Cats-Cats chant is the best in college sports.

 

I like C3 but I always seem to call you Cats.

Yeah, I was still partaking some at the time but it was the one time in my life I truly meant no harm or have any secret intentions. Just wanted to get my nickname in somehow. It's funny, when they sent the email saying try again on the name I was incredulous. I was like, are they nuts, that has nothing to do with drugs. Then I took a step back and said it out loud......and said, yeah, I guess it does sound a little bit like drug jargon.:D

 

It would have been a pretty cool nickname none the less, but I do see why they didn't allow it :thumb:.

I'm a bit surprised at the people who don't recognize my name & the movie character to which it is attached...especially since his picture is always in my avatar.

I'm a bit surprised at the people who don't recognize my name & the movie character to which it is attached...especially since his picture is always in my avatar.

 

That surprises me as well.:lol:

I picked mine because you can do alot of cool things with it and I like UK. Different people shorten my screen name different ways, "C3" is by far the best though IMO. I also think the Cats-Cats-Cats chant is the best in college sports.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was going to start a thread on this, but saw it had been done around four years ago. I found this very interesting. Some of you guys/gals are pretty creative.

 

Thank you! :D:D:D

What a prodigy!

 

2 and you were in high school? :eek:

 

College must have been rough for you to still be there at what, 21?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank you! :D:D:D

 

Nice.

 

When I first saw you on here, the first thing I thought of was the often misheard Elton John song--Hold me closer, Tony Danza. I saw a shirt in the Florence Mall that had that on it one day & about fell over laughing. :lol:

I was going to start a thread on this, but saw it had been done around four years ago. I found this very interesting. Some of you guys/gals are pretty creative.
We've had several of these over the years. I'm surprised it's been 3 years since the last one.

 

Mine is an old CB handle given to me by my Great Uncle, when I was in high school. He was The Grease Monkey, Dad was the Moonlighter, and our base station was called Idiot Junction Control (Named so for the intersection of KY511 and KY836, aka Buffalo Road and Cripple Creek Road, in Whitley County.) Had a Lafayette radio with a 500 Watt linear feeding a set of Moonraker IVs on a 70 foot tower.

 

Those who know me, understand the irony in my avatar.

 

So keep the sunny side up and the greasy side down. This is the swamprat in the Idiot Junction Control Rocket Car. We're 10-10 and on the side.

I made my name up because I love UK football but. I should have made it SK#1fan sense that is what everybody calls me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.