Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where did your username on BGP come from?

Featured Replies

Track sprinter.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I was there and it was the coldest I have been in my life. I swear to you I parked in Newport and could not feel my feet walking the bridge after the game. It was painful. Yep thawed out, but it took a while.

 

I was there also. I remember using plastic garbage bags wrapped around my legs and feet to somewhat block the wind. I remember getting hot chocolate and by the time I got back to my seat there was a layer of ice forming already on the top of it. Most of all I remember going into the bathroom and several of the urinals were overflowed and a layer of yellow ice on the bathroom floor.

 

Although it was very cold, didn't seem as bad during the game because we were so into the game itself. But I remember after the game as we were leaving the stadium as soon as we got outside the stadium the cold hit us like a brick wall. It was a very long walk as we always parked in Covington and had to walk across the suspension bridge.

 

Still remember my seat number, we were season ticket holders since 1977 at that time and we sat in the blue seats, section 110 row 10 seat 4 and 5. Our seats were right behind the dugout and still remember the idiots standing on the dugout during the game with their shirts off.

I'm a bit surprised at the people who don't recognize my name & the movie character to which it is attached...especially since his picture is always in my avatar.

 

Character? Movie? You mean you're not real?

 

:lol2:

I'm a bit surprised at the people who don't recognize my name & the movie character to which it is attached...especially since his picture is always in my avatar.

 

I get the occasional surprise when someone calls me "Mick Papa" instead of "Emcee Papa".

Not good enough for #1 eh? :walk:

 

 

Not my best, but you didn't give me much to work with this time. :isurrender:

 

I could have picked #1, too much pressure. :lol2:

"Emcee Papa".

 

That's wiggita wiggita whack.

I get the occasional surprise when someone calls me "Mick Papa" instead of "Emcee Papa".

 

Maybe they think you're from "Mick Donald"(s) fame.

Character? Movie? You mean you're not real?

 

:lol2:

 

:lol2:

 

You sound like formerkywrestler.

A fella by the name of Andy gave me mine. :lol2:

:lol2:

 

You sound like formerkywrestler.

 

Actually, you obviously know how little boys minds work, I just thought you were of a certain local funeral home fame.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

My monikor, Hatz, comes from a nickname during my Radio Days in Danville, KY. (10 years in that market)

Name was given to me by the late Mark Pompilio who I played softball for, at the time I had a mowing business. Also, my lucky number is 13.

 

I can still hear "the fat-man" calling my name. :(

I originally tried to use my nickname Oneye but Guru nixed it saying it was too explicit. Whatever that meant so I went with big hair.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.