Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where did your username on BGP come from?

Featured Replies

True statement. Also...I think Colonels should wear blue, as opposed to Dixie's red Colonels.

 

While we're on the subject of "colonels"....Is there a more awful word in the English language?....How in the hell do we get "kernal" out of "colonel". And we wonder why so many people can't read or write. Ticks me off just thinking about it.

  • Replies 191
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the 70s when I was in Jr High the coolest pair of tennis shoes I had were the Puma Clydes.

In the 70s when I was in Jr High the coolest pair of tennis shoes I had were the Puma Clydes.

 

Hmmm...I did not know that.

Since I was ridiculed the first time I posted it... :lol2:

 

I was #2 in high school, football and baseball.

 

 

Not good enough for #1 eh? :walk:

 

 

Not my best, but you didn't give me much to work with this time. :isurrender:

In the 70s when I was in Jr High the coolest pair of tennis shoes I had were the Puma Clydes.

 

Your showing your age.

Hmmm...I did not know that.

 

Thus, the avatar.

Thus, the avatar.

 

I figured as much.

 

Never realized that particular shoe had a name, though I've seen them frequently.

I figured as much.

 

Never realized that particular shoe had a name, though I've seen them frequently.

 

They've come back in a slightly different style than the 70s version.

While we're on the subject of "colonels"....Is there a more awful word in the English language?....How in the hell do we get "kernal" out of "colonel". And we wonder why so many people can't read or write. Ticks me off just thinking about it.

 

Well that just made me look up the etymology of the word (I'm kinda surprised that that idea had never struck me before). Looks like it comes from the French language. Kinda figures.

 

Online Etymology Dictionary: "colonel"

It's been 15 years since my son graduated from Mason County and 5 years since my daughter did the same.

 

I asked guru once if he would let me change my username to LiberalOldFart but he nipped the suggestion in the proverbial bud.

 

Well that just made me look up the etymology of the word (I'm kinda surprised that that idea had never struck me before). Looks like it comes from the French language. Kinda figures.

 

Online Etymology Dictionary: "colonel"

 

Think the LeBeau character from Hogan's Heroes. That's probably the correct original pronunciation. My guess is they adopted it in German and softened it into an o-umlaud pronunciation, which is how it migrated to English.

Bengals season ticket holder for 32 years, attended both Super bowls, and have been mostly in an irritable mood (one meaning of maniac) when watching them over those years.

Bengals season ticket holder for 32 years, attended both Super bowls, and have been mostly in an irritable mood (one meaning of maniac) when watching them over those years.

 

Did you go to the infamous San Diego-Cincy playoff game?

 

If so, are you thawed out yet?

Did you go to the infamous San Diego-Cincy playoff game?

 

If so, are you thawed out yet?

 

Yes, I was there and it was the coldest I have been in my life. I swear to you I parked in Newport and could not feel my feet walking the bridge after the game. It was painful. Yep thawed out, but it took a while.

Yes, I was there and it was the coldest I have been in my life. I swear to you I parked in Newport and could not feel my feet walking the bridge after the game. It was painful. Yep thawed out, but it took a while.

 

At my age now, I do not know if I would go again if that ever happens again. bengals in the AFC Championship game at home and a record cold.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.